How replicate webserver on local machine

I have been given assignment to take over a site that is running Plesk 8.0. I am not familiar with Plesk and only have used cPanel in the past. I was able to get access to the FTP and I downloaded a copy of the whole site to my laptop.

I am running a virtual server called Uniform Server. I tried to put the site to see if it would run, but I encountered a MySQL error for the .php files.

What do I need to do to run the site on my local machine. Unfortunately, I don't have XP Pro, only XP Home, so I've been using a virtual server.

Finally, I cannot figure this out in Plesk. How do I know what Apps are already installed. I cannot find it and I don't know what the old guy who got fired installed here. All I know is that there is a CMS which looks like Mambo and some sort of shopping cart running.

Thanks for any help in advance.
    Rob

Sorry there is a part that I dont get.

Are you saying that you downloaded ALL required files (including the databases SQL dump files ) ?

What is the error code or message and is it from MySQL, Php or from Apache ?
    __--- Nils Valentin ---
    ☆★☆ Speedtest One: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback
    ☆★☆ Speedtest Two: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by valentin_nils
    Sorry there is a part that I dont get.

Are you saying that you downloaded ALL required files (including the databases SQL dump files ) ?

What is the error code or message and is it from MySQL, Php or from Apache ?
    When I put a path to my localhost to the index.php file, I get this:

Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Access denied for user 'prod'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in W:\www\fe\httpdocs\ohe\common.php on line 18

internal error 1045:Access denied for user 'prod'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Thanks!
    Rob