Thread: Managing VPS'

Managing VPS'

I hope this is the right place for this, sorry if it's not.

I will have 2 VPS'. 1 running Plesk & the 2nd running CPanel. I'll also be using Moderbill. My question is this: How can I have my customers select which control panel they wish to use on the order forum and automaticly send their account to one VPS or another?
    | | i write code

You could get more help from MB on this but I will try to help!

What you could do is configure the plesk and cpanel plugin inside MB. Then you can make 2 groups. One for cpanel one for plesk. Then go in and make your packages under each group to match your website pricing.

Add the link from each group to your site. When a client clicks Order now from the plesk part of your website it will take them to the plesk sign up form / group. From there they can sign up and MB should take care of everything else.

Do the same with cpanel.

If you wan to use a drop down box on the same form and give them a choice you might want to ask at MB. I have never tried to do this. The group way in my opinion is the best way because you can track the package a little better if you need to run reports like, plesk sales over cpanel and so on.

Good luck with it!
    iFast Hosting Web Hosting The Way It Should Be!
    VPS, Reseller and Shared Hosting!
    Fast, Friendly Sales and 24/7 Support!
    Toll Free: 1-800-875-1432 Local: 513-729-6963

I was thinking of something like that, and I could certainly set up my website that way. This topic may need to be moved, but could MB set up accounts on a server other than the one it's being run from?

Could I set it up like this?:

.....My Website (On VPS1)
    ............|
    ......ModernBill
    ......./ .......\
    ....VPS1 ....VPS2
    ......| ...........|
    ...Plesk ....CPanel

(sorry for the bad illistration)
    Last edited by tjphippen; 12-13-2006 at 12:10 AM.
    | | i write code

When you set up your cpanel and plesk plugin it will ask you for the IP and other info to be able to access that server.

So ya...

You set up MB to work with VPS 1 Plesk and VPS 2 Cpanel when you configure the cpanel and plesk plugin inside MB.

Client comes to the site... Thinks to themself, I really like plesk. They go and read more about plesk offerings and them decides to sign up. They click your order button that you have set to go to your Plesk group / package. They sign up and because your Plesk plugin is configured to go to VPS1 it will set the account up on VPS1.

The same for Cpanel.

Good luck!
    iFast Hosting Web Hosting The Way It Should Be!
    VPS, Reseller and Shared Hosting!
    Fast, Friendly Sales and 24/7 Support!
    Toll Free: 1-800-875-1432 Local: 513-729-6963

Thanks for the help!
    | | i write code