The Woodlands, Tx

Other Nigerian Scam methods

My wife started looking for a Yorkshire for one of our son's for Christmas. She found an ad that said it was in Houston. Here is the dialog..

Thanks for the response and for the interest in my puppy i want you to know this puppy is still looking for a good home and she still for free but the main reasons why am get rid on this puppy is that i came down to Kansas(USA) For my poverty allocation so i want you to know that the puppy is with me her still looking for a good parent that will adopt her and take very good care of her is my willing to be giving this puppy out for you and i want you to promise me that you will take very good care of my puppy.She is Akc registered she will come with her Health Certificate and Vet Checked she 10 weeks and i will want you to know that the puppy will be shipped through CONTINENTAL PETS AIRLINES DELIVERY is next day delivery or the same the day it is how faster your payment is as you will receive the puppy and i will want to Inform you that am not willing collect any money for the puppy because she is for free adoption X-mas family member you will have to pay for her
    shipping fee only just to get her $400 for the shipping so i want you to get back to me with your Full Name,Address,Contact Phone Number with your nearest airport for the delivery for the puppy and the payment method that is allow now through western union money transfer and as soon as your payment is confirmed by my shipping agent the puppy will be shipped out to you urgently and i will like to inform you that's the best way of making the payment it is secured and faster.So i will want you to get back to me with your Full details so that i can start making Arrangement for the puppy..I will be waiting to read from you.
    for the shippment to proceed you will have to send..
    Contact Address..
    Nearest Airport..
    the puppy will be coming with.. her
    Akc Papers Complete..
    Ckc Papers....
    And Vet Registered.. Papers.....

Thanks and God Bless

[email protected] wrote:
    how old is this puppy why would you be giving it away? is it healthy? thank you
    Notice the ad was placed as being Houston, but he responds saying Kansas. So she responds "No need to ship by plane, we are local to you" and we are awaiting his reply. So I am sure by the way it is wrote and how it's "leading" up to other charges (although the puppy is free) that it sure does sound like a Nigerian scam.

Key words in this....
    "Kansas(USA)" and "poverty allocation". If he's in the U.S. as we are, why would he put (USA)? Second, I have never heard of poverty allocation, though I see upon searching that it is some sort of government aid in other countries.

So now they are placing public ads to bait people into contacting them. Here is the ad..

Orlando FL
    Well good thing when you click on Contact Seller they have this Warning

If this seller wants you to send money overseas, especially using Western Union (or similar), then IGNORE this seller's response and send us the web address (URL) of this page.

Oodle recommends you only purchase goods you can view, pay for, and pick up in person.
    Jorge Campos | WBpro
    Web Building Professionals

The Woodlands, Tx
    Yep, but once I have some more evidence though..