Why warning for Signature this time??

Hello,
    I do not see why i got a warning for my signature and wonder if my new signature is complying with whatever new rules were setup for signature after the stinky banner on right got shoved up all our butts.

On my screen @ 1024x786 i have 4 lines showing. Anyways posting screenshots in a few when i get time. So maybe someone can point on what and how the hell signature breaks rules now after new banner in place, everyone has different setting now to view posts , so i do not think its fair now to send warning cause signature looks out of spec on someone elses screen cause they do not have same postbit ..

Current Signature :
    http://sbclansite.com/images-upload-...165969058t.JPG

Previous Signature that got Warning for dunno what reason :
    http://sbclansite.com/images-upload-...165969283t.JPG

Edit: From what i got from helpdesk was cause only 2 clickable links allow, now if i recall right when i signed way back the rules had nothing like that and i had seen so many users with almost their entire signature with 4 lines with same link clickable (that is 4 clickable links).

Now what i need to know is why does WHT changes rules and not care to announce it via means of PM or via Email ?? How is someone supposed to know that Some rule got changed or bent to suite WHTes neeed?? Is that Fair that rules get changed without anyone getting informed ??
    Last edited by Energizer Bunny; 12-12-2006 at 08:22 PM.
    12+ years -same website , new server [SSD Inside] providing shared/reseller hosting only !
    These things we do not provide/offer : Unlimited Storage ! Unlimited Bandwidth ! But Why? Cause, we were unable to put such a large number on our pages, it just would not fit.
    So check out the numbers that actually fit >> << the page as well as your budget too !
      0 Not allowed!

How many clickable links did you have in there

EDIT: Looks like you edited just as I posted. As far as I am aware the 2 clickable links rule has been in place long before you joined in September 2005. And also if rules are updated a thread is created to update users (and moderators too!). It's even stickied at the top of this forum so it's easy to find http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=559322
    Last edited by Vortex-Steve; 12-12-2006 at 08:28 PM.
    Steve
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Energizer Bunny
    Hello,
    I do not see why i got a warning for my signature and wonder if my new signature is complying with whatever new rules were setup for signature after the stinky banner on right got Now what i need to know is why does WHT changes rules and not care to announce it via means of PM or via Email ?? How is someone supposed to know that Some rule got changed or bent to suite WHTes neeed?? Is that Fair that rules get changed without anyone getting informed ??
    That rule has been in place for as long as I can remember... it's your responsibility to make sure you are familiar with the rules.

Link: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/rules.php

Sirius

P.S. Quick edit... typically when the rules are changed, that is communicated in this forum.
    Last edited by sirius; 12-12-2006 at 08:35 PM.
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.
      0 Not allowed!

That rule has been in place way before you joined. Besides, it is your responsibility to keep up with the rules, just as you would keep up with the terms of service of a hosting provider.

</thread>
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sirius

P.S. Quick edit... typically when the rules are changed, that is communicated in this forum.
    Ok i hope so cause i had seen users with more than 4 clickable links for quite some time, so i changed mine accordingly. I will report when i see more of those 4 clickable links.

@ Vortex only 2 (unique links were there) but had my bunny clickable, now my bunny gone

PS: Why does my signature not show up anymore ?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Energizer Bunny
    Ok i hope so cause i had seen users with more than 4 clickable links for quite some time, so i changed mine accordingly. I will report when i see more of those 4 clickable links.
    Fire away!

Quote Originally Posted by layer0
    </thread>
    Agreed.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.
      0 Not allowed!