Opinions on Revecom.com

Does anyone have any opinion on Revecom.com?

With the new survey thing at 2CO I was looking for an alternative.

Unfortunatly, you're unlikely to find a place that won't do the survey thing. Their reasoning is valid, but the problem is the way they chose to announce it. They are the ones who have to answer to the CC companies, not us, so they have to do something. Maybe the survey isn't the best way, but it's a way.

We've been with them for 3 months and we've done 3,000$ in transactions. Every cheque has arrived just 3 days later, support has been amazing and the system was easy to use.

The only drawback is the lack of site integration (directly), but considering how amazing the service is, I'm willing to take that hit
    ::: Jeremy C. Wright :::
    http://www.ensight.org

We've used Revecom.com for the past year now, with hardly a blurp.
    And, as Jeremy said, their attention to support is top notch.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Another vote for Revecom from us. Myself and a collegue must have bugged them with 15-20 questions between us before finally paying up and activating the account

All questions were answered in good time and with great answers.

One thing though: the website states that statements will show "YOUR COMPANY by Paysystems.com" as the merchant... this is not true, it actually shows "Paysystems.com".

Overall: thumbs up for Revecom
    Clook Internet - www.clook.net
    Fully managed UK based webhosting provider
    Est 2002, 24/7 phone support, all the bells and whistles!

Re: Opinions on Revecom.com

Originally posted by Jim777
    Does anyone have any opinion on Revecom.com?

With the new survey thing at 2CO I was looking for an alternative.
    Keep in mind that the 2checkout survey isn't being conducted on people with recurring bills -- i.e. hosting. Or at least I thought I remembered reading that in the thread about the survey.
    Jay » [email protected] • AIM » FDrive Support
    Front Drive™ » Advanced multi-domain solutions
    http://www.frontdrive.com/

We use Revecom [aka Paysystems.com] and been more than happy with their performance. Since we've been using them, they've processed many hundreds of payments with only a handful going astray.

- Their control panel is easy to use, [although I would like a "Client Notes" link where we could add notes to each account].

- Their settlement is swift. I set a $$$$ amount and when it hits that value, they wire the $$$$ into my Australian bank account.

- Their fraud prevention and screening is good. To date, no orders have been approved that turned out to be fraudulant.

- Their support is a tad slow and short in their answers, IMO.

- The order page is customisable and you can add heaps of custom fields to gather extra info etc.

- Their declined credit card management system for recurring payments is good too. Clients are given 3 chances over 15 days to get their credit card in order so as to process a payment.

All up, Aussie Bob gives then 8/10. 9/10 if they add a "Client Notes" link for us add info about each account.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

As far as I know, Revecom calls every single buyer on the phone to verify they placed the order. Would you rather have 2checkout send an email, or revecom call them up while they are cooking dinner?

When I was using revecom they had daily script errors and I got countless complaints from prospective buyers saying the payment script failed. Maybe that has been sorted out now.

Another downside is they reject valid orders too easily. 2checkout lets obvious mistakes through, like if someone put their address as California, Albania, 2checkout would let it through. But with revecom, if the phone number doesn't match, they refuse the order.

All in all, 2checkout is much better, but it doesn't look as good visually. I really liked Revecoms payment screens, with our custom logo added in.

Thumbs Up For revecom, been using them since last 8 months without any problem.
    CPHosting - Web Hosting Experts Since 1998.
    United States | Europe | Singapore | Australia
    Visit Us! www.cphosting.com

If you don't like the Survey, from what I have been told and one of the reasons I chose 2CO over Revecom is because Revecom CALLS EVERY BUYER with some automated thing. At least they used to...
    And the survey doesn't go out to recurring buyers and that is mainly what we use. Although it wasn't an issue before this week anyway.
    Thank You, Sesran
    www.Hostified.com - Web Hosting
    Offering Shared, Reseller & Windows Hosting

Revecom CALLS EVERY BUYER with some automated thing
    Funny, we have NEVER been contacted by Revecom for our purchases using our CC NEVER !

I've never been contacted myself by them either and have had plenty of transactions go through them for things purchased online, and thats been as long as i can remember.

We use revecom for various projects.

We have found them to be good. The CP is fantastic. The cost is quite low. We have never been missed a payment e.g. cheques always arrive on time.

You can do a lot worse than revecom

Originally posted by NetRemedy

Funny, we have NEVER been contacted by Revecom for our purchases using our CC NEVER !
    They'll make a phone call if the order is over a certian $$$ amount [I think]. We used to offer 90, 180 and 360 day payment options and they called all the clients who ordered anything over a couple of hundred dollars. They earn their 10%, IMO.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

- Their support is a tad slow and short in their answers, IMO.
    That's the only drawback. On the whole they are fantastic. they drop the ball occasionally but that's probably to be expected due to the volume of transactions we put through there.

Those runtime errors aren't so frequent now but we used to lose alot of orders because their crappy ASP/MSSQL driven application would crash. They upgarded it 2 months ago and it is much better now though I do spot the occasional error. I am wresting with them over a few recurring transactions that they charged our clients and have not released the funds to us. They also deleted these guys from the recurring database.

But this is the first time something like this has happened. Overall, pretty good. Support could be better and quicker. they don't call all clients as suggested.

Do 2Checkout accept MasterCard after that last fiasco? I heard they had to drop it while Paysystems deal with masterCard europe and own their own bank anyway.
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

Wait a minute, isnt calling the customer to see if they are genuine buyers a good thing?

And does this reduce the amount of charge backs. I think that it is good that they confirm the customer, saves you from having to do it your self and that leaves more time for coffee drinking, and what can be more important than that

We use them and are 100% satisfied. Nothing more to say really

I agree completely. 20+ transactions, more than 2000$ in business. Very happy customer here. I really wish they had site integration (or at least design integration), but I can live without it for now.
    ::: Jeremy C. Wright :::
    http://www.ensight.org

Thumbs up Yes

We have been using them for about 4 months, Not one complaint.

-scooch