Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

* SLHost.com VPS * 50% OFF * DOUBLE Disk Space * FULLY MANAGED

Select Solutions (http://www.slhost.com) is offering a limited time only 50% OFF when paying semi-annually (6 months). There is also the option for a 20% off discount for the life of the account when paying monthly. The same special also offers DOUBLE the disk space on each package. There is no coupon needed for this special. The prices are already discounted on the order form. When the special prices are removed, the special is over so don't wait!

Features included with every VPS package:
    • 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    • 24/7 Managed Services (See Below)
    • FREE Setup
    • FREE Cpanel-WHM / Plesk / DirectAdmin
    • FREE Fantastico De Luxe (Cpanel only)
    • FREE Installatron (DirectAdmin or Cpanel Only)
    • FREE PowerPak (Plesk Only)
    • FREE Virtuozzo Power Panel
    • Daily Backups
    • Full Root Access
    • Dual Core Xeon Woodcrest Processors (4 core total)
    • CentOS 4 Environment (Other operating systems available upon request)
    • Assistance with transferring sites

Add-Ons available for each package (prices shown are monthly):
    • RVskins: $2
    • ClientExec: $5
    • Block of 4 IPs: $4
    • Block of 10 GB disk space: $5
    • Prepurchased 10 GB bandwidth: $5
    • Prepurchased 100 GB bandwidth: $25
    • 10 GB Remote Backup Space (See Below): $5

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Level 1-VPS
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    $35.96 monthly
    $134.82 semi-annually
    20 GB Storage
    150 GB Premium Data Transfer
    256 Guaranteed RAM (1 GB Burstable)
    3 IPs
    ORDER at https://secure.slhost.com/order/orderwiz.php?v=5 (no coupon required)

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Level 2-VPS
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    $51.96 monthly
    $194.82 semi-annually
    40 GB Storage
    300 GB Premium Data Transfer
    384 Guaranteed RAM (1.5 GB Burstable)
    4 IPs

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Level 3-VPS
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    $67.96 monthly
    $254.82 semi-annually
    60 GB Storage
    450 GB Premium Data Transfer
    512 Guaranteed RAM (2 GB Burstable)
    5 IPs

VPS Software:

All of our VPS solutions run on the powerful Virtuozzo version 3 software technology. Each VPS instance is isolated from other users on the server providing a completely secure environment to host your web site. You will have full root access allowing for any software configurations desired while not affecting any other users on the server. Why wait on your hosting company to offer PHP5 or the MySQL version you've been patiently waiting for? Signup for a VPS solution now to configure the server software just the way you need it! Because your VPS account is fully managed, why not contact us to help with your software configurations!?

Hardware Details:
    • Dual Core Xeon Woodcrest Processors (4 Cores Total)
    • 8 GB Registered ECC RAM
    • RAID 10 drive configuration for optimal redundancy and performance

Managed Services:

We are staffed with knowledgeable level 3 technicians available for all your needs. Let us manage software installs and upgrades to free up your valuable time. We're available 24/7 to assist you with any server software installations (Apache, MySQL, PHP, Perl, etc.) or help troubleshoot server issues that are problematic server-wide.

Remote Backup Space:

We perform daily backups of your VPS, but if you'd like to purchase your own remote backup space, you can do so at $5 for 10 GB. You will have 24/7 access to this remote backup space via FTP, SFTP, Rsync, and SCP. Easily setup Cpanel to write to this backup space each night!

TOS and AUP

Our TOS/AUP can be viewed at http://www.slhost.com/legal.html .

Please contact us at sales [at] slhost.com with any questions about our services!

Ping IP: 65.99.222.17
    Speed Test: http://65.99.222.17/test.bin
    Reference URL: http://www.slhost.com/vps_solutions.html

Thanks for the great service SLHost. They are a top notch provider.

Quote Originally Posted by AH - Jim
    Thanks for the great service SLHost. They are a top notch provider.
    Thanks, Jim! You're always good to us with the kind comments. As always, just shoot me an email if I can ever do anything for you.

Hello,

Do you offer RAM? I am current with 256MB plan, but I just need more RAM. How much does it cost?

Quote Originally Posted by manindarkjp
    Hello,

Do you offer RAM? I am current with 256MB plan, but I just need more RAM. How much does it cost?
    We have packages that include 256 MB, 384 MB, 512 MB, and 768 MB by default. When we run specials, it's usually more advantageous to simply upgrade your package. However, if you'd rather just add more memory, it's $10/month for 128 MB.

Quote Originally Posted by slhost
    We have packages that include 256 MB, 384 MB, 512 MB, and 768 MB by default. When we run specials, it's usually more advantageous to simply upgrade your package. However, if you'd rather just add more memory, it's $10/month for 128 MB.
    Thank you. Can you discount 50% off when I order 6 months purchase?

PS: Your mail box is full so that I cannot send you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by manindarkjp
    Thank you. Can you discount 50% off when I order 6 months purchase?

PS: Your mail box is full so that I cannot send you a PM.
    Only the base hosting packages are discounted so the addons are not included with this special offer.

Sorry about the PM box being full. I hadn't received a notice regarding this until you tried to send one to me. It's now cleared out.

SLHost is AWESOME. When I was with them they were helpful & knowledgeable. I had to cancel due to personal matters interfering with the time I could invest in my hosting company. I regret not being able to stay with them longer. They are one of the only hosts who have offered a 30 day money back guarantee that I have voluntarily not used when having to cancel.
    Jason Cousineau

Is the 50% off good for the first six months only? Or is the price good as long as I have the plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Dacsoft
    Is the 50% off good for the first six months only? Or is the price good as long as I have the plan?
    The 50% discount is good for all renewals as well for as long as you are a client.

i just signed with slhost, i am migrating from dreamhost shared hosting to VPS. the sales and support team are very quick to answer all my queries. cheers

Looks like a good deal to me, just one question.

How fully managed is fully managed? Can't find much on it on your website, am I just overlooking something?

Quote Originally Posted by chatfan
    Looks like a good deal to me, just one question.

How fully managed is fully managed? Can't find much on it on your website, am I just overlooking something?
    Your VPS will be managed just as a shared account would be. Basically, the only issues not covered free of charge are 3rd party software installations and support.

I went ahead and purchased the Level 2 package. So far I am amazed at the speed and quality of support provided. Because this is my first VPS, I have generated a few support tickets to help with minor issues. Each one was quickly and professionally answered.

I will give a try just because of so many good reviews. PM sent... I was planning to take Level 2 for 6 months.Looking forward to your answer.

This special offer will continue through January.

I've been an SLHost customer for over a year and never have had any problems. They have excellent support and usually will reply to your quesations within minutes

how many VPS accounts are put on one server?

hi Josh, I'm very interested to hear, how many VPS accounts are put on one server?

Going by your server specs, I imagine a few scenarios...
    • Dual Core Dual Xeon Woodcrest Processors (4 Core Total)
    • 8 GB Registered ECC DDR RAM
    Let's suppose one server will host only Level 3 accounts. Guaranteed 512mb ram for each account; so that server can host 16 level 3 accounts? So that means 16 VPSes are sharing a 4 core processor? (And there no RAM left to burst?)

Or, let's suppose one server will host only Level 1 accounts.
    Guaranteed 256mb ram for each account; so that server can host 16 level 3 accounts? So that means 32 VPSes are sharing a 4 core processor? That sounds like a lot.

Very interested to hear how you actually do it. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by hilly
    hi Josh, I'm very interested to hear, how many VPS accounts are put on one server?

Going by your server specs, I imagine a few scenarios...
    • Dual Core Dual Xeon Woodcrest Processors (4 Core Total)
    • 8 GB Registered ECC DDR RAM
    Let's suppose one server will host only Level 3 accounts. Guaranteed 512mb ram for each account; so that server can host 16 level 3 accounts? So that means 16 VPSes are sharing a 4 core processor? (And there no RAM left to burst?)

Or, let's suppose one server will host only Level 1 accounts.
    Guaranteed 256mb ram for each account; so that server can host 16 level 3 accounts? So that means 32 VPSes are sharing a 4 core processor? That sounds like a lot.

Very interested to hear how you actually do it. Thank you.
    Hello and thank you for the questions. We put between 15 and 25 accounts on our normal VPS nodes. The actual number depends on how the server is performing. For example, not every user on a level 2 package will use the same memory and CPU time, so we will start out with more like 15 on each node and monitor it over the next 30 days to find out if we can comfortably fit any more VEs on it or not. We never oversell the physical RAM and I don't think we have any nodes that even hold enough VEs to have the guaranteed memory of all VEs equal to the physical RAM.

Above, I said we put between 15 and 25 on our "normal" VPS nodes. We also have an Enterprise VPS package, which are put on different nodes. We limit each of these nodes to just 8 or less accounts to allow for those who would like more CPU time available. The Enterprise package includes the following, but is not discounted as our Level 1, 2, and 3 packages are.

$89.95/month
    50 GB Storage
    750 GB Bandwidth
    768 MB Guaranteed RAM
    5 IPs
    24X7 Managed Services
    Cpanel-WHM - Plesk - DirectAdmin
    Fantastico De Luxe
    Virtuozzo Power Panel

Do you secure VPS before providing?

Hello, Would you offer also 10 GB space plan? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by shashikant
    Do you secure VPS before providing?
    We do only basic security measures by default for clients since we've had so many request to secure the VPS themselves. If you would like extensive security measures made before receiving your account details, please make a note in the comment area on the order form when ordering.

Quote Originally Posted by privatne
    Hello, Would you offer also 10 GB space plan? Thanks.
    Can you please elaborate on this one? I'm not quite sure what you're asking, sorry.

The VPS plan with 10 GB space - storage capacity. Your current plans start at 20 GB space.

Quote Originally Posted by privatne
    The VPS plan with 10 GB space - storage capacity. Your current plans start at 20 GB space.
    The Level 1 package normally includes 10 GB disk space but with this offer it is 20 GB. I hope that answers your question.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast