Help Request (Specific Reqs: Multiple Domains & MySQL) (WebHostFreaks.com review too)

Hi there,

Iíve been lurking for a while and decided that it was about time I registered and posted asking for some help. I am at your mercy. Iím looking for some host suggestions after deciding on my requirements and am also posting a review of my current host: WebHostFreaks.com

My Requirements:

1-5 GB webspace (Currently 1GB, will expand during the year to a max of 5GB)
    5-10GB transfer.
    5+ MySQL databases (5 will suffice for the coming year but I donít fancy clip-flopping between hosts on an annual basis - around 15 max.)
    5+ Add-on / Additional Domains (5 will also suffice for the year, but 20 would be nice be totally future-proof.)

The usual PHP, FTP, etc things will be required whilst cPanel would be nice.

I have a budget of max $10 a month and am hoping Iíll be able to get significantly less for these small requirements.

Any suggestions? Iíve been looking around for a while but a more professional opinion would not go amiss. Iím not really bothered if itís based in the US, UK, EU, AUÖ does it make that much of a difference?

And finally, a quick review of my current host, WebHostFreaks.com Ė the same guys who run PHPFreaks, SQLFreaks and other websites. One word: Ďgreatí (if they fit your requirements). In my time with them I have never had a single problem. There was once an unscheduled downtime when there was a crash and data-loss. This lasted about 10 minutes before they had the backups from the night before up and running on a different machine. Customer support is top-notch and the speediest I have ever experienced. Friendly too! If their packages fit your requirements and budget, I recommend them 100%. Unfortunately for me, they do not offer add-on domains within my budget!

So, any help?

Thanks,
    fakelvis

Hi!
    Welcome to WHT.

I suggest you to do a shortlist about the hosts that may fit your needs and then research about them here and in google << removed >>.

Good luck in your hunt
    Last edited by writespeak; 12-17-2006 at 01:48 AM.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Thanks Jedito,

I did have a look at whreviews.com and found a number that were good but also out of my budget. The two that stood out for me from that list were:

DownTownHost
    LunarPages

in addition to the already shortlisted:

GoDaddy
    DreamHost
    Site5

However, I have little issues with each. Does anyone on here think there's an outright winner or maybe one or two I should knock off this list?

The bottom three, whilst very cheap have the obvious issues of overselling, which I'm not too bothered about. However, it seems the downtimes for DreamHost are an issue.

Do poeple have a favourite/worst host that on this list? (I've searched and read and am still undecided!)

Thanks,
    fakelvis

You can use the search button on this forun http://webhostingtalk.com/search.php to research about all the hosts on your lists.
    Probably that will help you on the decision of which host to choose

Regards
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore