Domain transfer from NameCheap to eNom?

Hello,

I have always been curious if it is necessary to do a transfer for a domain that you have registered with NameCheap to your eNom account since namecheap is a eNom reseller? And now, a client has requested a domain name transfer and i did note that his domain is registered through NameCheap. Now, should i request a transfer for my clients domain and charge him the transfer fee or what?

There is no free push between NameCheap and eNom even tho NameCheap are an eNom reseller. Unfortunately, you'll have to do a transfer. They go pretty smoothly. I've done many.
    Signature Under Construction.

Thanks stu2,
    I was just really wonder for myself, and thought if i can to save the client some $ for the transfer fee, but no luck for him this time

Cheers.

I would expect it adds another year of registration (anyone care to confirm?)
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out our WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks (Updated: Sep 2016), the most comprehensive look at WP performance

Yes it does. It's just like any other transfer. You gotta pay for 1 year renewal.
    Signature Under Construction.

You need to pay the year to transfer away

I can only dream of this being possible. But unfortunately, you will need to do a "normal" transfer process to move the domain away from namecheap.

Same answer for any domain located in registerfly's enom account...
    Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!