Angry Slow support from eNom?!

Is it just me or does everyone get slow responses from eNom support? It usually takes them 3-4 business day to respond, which is unacceptable in my opinion

I normally get answers same/next business day, and for critical issues generally just call them.

Correct categorisation and appropriate priority in the helpdesk system is a must, if you marke everything as HIGH rather than being objective, chances are they'll downgrade it to low for you.

It depends on the issue - when a push went awry and the domain vanished from both accounts thursday, a quick ticket and within 2 hours a response saying they'd fix it later that day was fine. When the sort function falls over in their asp app due to a coding bug, its low priority and still o/s - doesnt stop us registering or managing domains.

If you're an ETP call them up, if you're not - talk to your upstream.
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Opened a ticket with high priority on 12/9/2006, no response so far.

I have seen 4 days to almost 10 days now. I am shocked a few "people" recommend them still

i got same problem here!! "high priority" ticket since 4 DAYS!!

I opened 2 ticket for name server issues and it is simply pissing me off!

I have to second that Enom support is currently nowhere near acceptable.

Its a shame really with which speed and quality they currently provide support to their customers. I already did post this a couple of times on WHT within the last weeks.

Its the more sad that people start confirming it more and more.
    Last edited by valentin_nils; 12-13-2006 at 03:42 AM.
    __--- Nils Valentin ---
    ☆★☆ Speedtest One: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback
    ☆★☆ Speedtest Two: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback

I also agree that their support has slipped recently. However, since we are ETP status and have a lot of domains, we have an account manager that always responds within 24 hours and can escalate important issues when necessary.

I agree with othel;otech's post above, that proper catagorization and selection of priority is necessary when submitting a ticket. If you submit a ticket as "critical/high" and it is not.. then it will get downgraded.

Also, be sure to contact your parent reseller for support first, since that is their job.

I suspect the recent slowdown in support is a result of the acquisition of bulkregister.

Hopefully they'll get this improved soon. Last time I spoke with our account manager, he said they are in the process of hiring a bunch of new staff. They're having some problems, because there are not a lot of qualified people who want to work a helpdesk job. And, imho, it would be even worse to hire people who don't know what they're doing....

Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

Still no response!

It's an urgent matter and no one cares at enom?!

I submitted a ticket just a week ago, and they responded within 24 hours. I marked it medium (I think). It was about the problem slowdive asked in another thread (pricing for .uk domain)
    Another ticket I submited was around 3 months ago, to add an IP address for the API, and they responded in about 8 hours
    I think what othello said maybe true, about correct categorization and priority. Try it.
    ■ Need an eNom retail/reseller account? PM me

well we are using enom since last many years and recently we are having few issues which we had pointed out to the support department.. Although the issue is still ongoing, we receive their response usually on the very next business day when the ticket is updated.. For us, enom support seems to be good so far..

Quote Originally Posted by liandra
    I submitted a ticket just a week ago, and they responded within 24 hours. I marked it medium (I think). It was about the problem slowdive asked in another thread (pricing for .uk domain)
    They responded, yes, but no one's fixed it yet!

Nothing can be worse than the customer support of Yahoo! Read my lips: N-O-T-H-I-N-G Nothing
    - Just a small ordinary customer looking for cheap and best things backed with great customer support and honest business practises.
    - Not affiliated with anyone.
    - Looking for honest answers and giving honest responses.

support is getting worse by the day. Some people say next day almost all people I know using them say it is 4-5 days for a cut paste response

This is the thread I want OK. My latest support ticket took 7 days including the weekend. Since this was about a transfer to eNom where the domain expired in 5 days. This was not an acceptable response time So, I'd kind of like to agree with franksredhot, that support times seem to be getting worse. I blame those b*stards from BR for clogging up our support system
    Signature Under Construction.

Quote Originally Posted by stu2
    This is the thread I want I blame those b*stards from BR for clogging up our support system

So who do you blame

1. BulkRegister no longer exists.
    2. eNom is in charge and their support and staff are calling the shots.
    3. The former BulkRegister Resellers as stuck in the same system as all the eNom Resellers.
    4. Many of the former BulkRegister Resellers are not happy with eNom as eNom is handling the inclusion of the BulkRegister clients.
    5. So, there is an exit from eNom of the BulkRegister clients.

Are you saying that because someone whats to move from eNom to another Registar they are "those b*stards from BR" ?

Perhaps eNom should have not taken over BulkRegister in the first place.

I thing the blame rest on eNom service not any clients that want to move their domains.

It is a clients right to move to another service if they so choose and they should not be labled or called "those b*stards".

The company/people responsible for service is/are eNom not BulkRegister.

Lets put the blame where it belongs, eNom for taking on more than they can handle.
    The Best To You!
    Ireland - Networking the Irish / Celtic Community
    www.CapitalCeltic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ireland

Lets put the blame where it belongs, eNom for taking on more than they can handle.
    That`s just what I think
    Jorge
    Jorge [-at-] jorge.com.es
    (My english is poor, sorry!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ireland
    So who do you blame

1. BulkRegister no longer exists.
    2. eNom is in charge and their support and staff are calling the shots.
    3. The former BulkRegister Resellers as stuck in the same system as all the eNom Resellers.
    4. Many of the former BulkRegister Resellers are not happy with eNom as eNom is handling the inclusion of the BulkRegister clients.
    5. So, there is an exit from eNom of the BulkRegister clients.

Are you saying that because someone whats to move from eNom to another Registar they are "those b*stards from BR" ?

Perhaps eNom should have not taken over BulkRegister in the first place.

I thing the blame rest on eNom service not any clients that want to move their domains.

It is a clients right to move to another service if they so choose and they should not be labled or called "those b*stards".

I think you missed the smilie
    Signature Under Construction.

Quote Originally Posted by stu2
    I think you missed the smilie
    Woops! I did
    The Best To You!
    Ireland - Networking the Irish / Celtic Community
    www.CapitalCeltic.com

i wonder if its getting slower by adding .TV and .CC registries under enom management?

hopefully they are adding more support staff to handle the load
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

I use enom, and I never had a really serious problem, but yes, the response delay is really serious, what about if u need urgent support ?

anyway I think is a great domain provider

Support has gotten really bad lately, hopefully they get their act together in 2007