Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Just a little update on SoftLayer, I am very impressed with their abuse department very impressed.

Yesterday there were a few complaints about spam on one of my clients major servers, they posted it gave evidence etc. I replied quickly and they replied back quickly. I think that is a first for an abuse department. The abuse department at LT took 2-3 hours whenever I had to contact them, wheras SL were within 30 mins.

I also had the client explain to them that it was an opt-in program and hence not spam and he showed proof and SL said yes thats fine we will keep an eye out on it and if it happens again notify you.

I was very impressed with out it all worked out. Having worked with LT, Burst, DN abuse departments I can say that I have come off feeling much happier about SL.

Not to mention they gave me pretty much a free upgrade worth $100 (From operton 800 to operton 8112 series). Anyone like BankRobber above however thinking that they can save a buck or two on the cheap servers dont both trying as they simply wont do it.
    Seeksadmin.com Owner: Providing Security, Administration and Optimization since 2001

Now Offering Windows Serivces.

We have like 50 or so servers with dedicatednow. They seem to do well for us. I like the personal attention. I usually avoid huge companies because they tend to neglect clients and I am comfortable with the ones where I can chat directly with the owners incase something goes bad or I need a new better deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ForumsAddict
    We have like 50 or so servers with dedicatednow. They seem to do well for us. I like the personal attention. I usually avoid huge companies because they tend to neglect clients and I am comfortable with the ones where I can chat directly with the owners incase something goes bad or I need a new better deal.
    DN are not my favourite at the moment as i have sent 2 tickets in in the last 2 weeks. one took 2 weeks to be replied to the other still no reply and its been almost a week.
    Seeksadmin.com Owner: Providing Security, Administration and Optimization since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by TR Seeks
    DN are not my favourite at the moment as i have sent 2 tickets in in the last 2 weeks. one took 2 weeks to be replied to the other still no reply and its been almost a week.
    That doesn't sound right as there aren't any tickets in the open state without answers or pending a customers reply atm. Please PM me both ticket #'s . But then again Kayako isn't my favorite ticket system atm.
    Jay

I did it via the client system. Has it changed recently?

Yes, very much.
    Jay

ahhh that could be the reason. I knew you were moving servers around but didnt know that was changing. Maybe you should change the support desk in the DMS to make sure you can get support :-P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12