2Checkout Recurring Billing

Hi Guys

Does any one know how to do recurring billing with 2Checkout using any billing software?

I will get Clientexec (CE) with my reseller account but as far as I know, CE doesn’t support recurring billing with 2CO, instead customers have to log in every month and fill in the CC information. I don’t think many users will like this option.

I have looked at other billing software including ModernBill, WHMCS & WHMAutoPilot. All of them seem to be working this way, the customers have to actually log in and fill the CC info to pay for the next month.

Is there any way around?? Do you think it is not much of a hassle and I shouldn’t be worry of giving trouble to customers??

I am about to start (hopefully with the start of new year) and I am just learning how to do most of the things. Getting merchant account is not possible for me (even in the long run) so what ever I chose I have to stick with it.

To one extent, having them log in every month is better. This helps to prevent you from one of the chargebacks Reason Code 41 (Cancelled Recurring Transaction) and then also if you use it - your transactions will also be protected under VBB / MSC

Some of those systems might store the CC number and then do recurring billing that way. If you do this, learn a little about CISP compliancy and find out what level you are subject to.

Have you asked the company you are reselling for what they suggest / do?

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Bryant
    To one extent, having them log in every month is better.
    Theoretically I agree, however it is inconvenient for a client who for some reason has opted to be billed every month. I would then tend to try and convince and alter the payment schedule to either a half yearly or yearly payment.

In the context of billing software for web hosting, whmAutoPilot version 2 does support 2CO recurring after the details have been recorded at the 2CO console with corresponding entries at the whmAutoPilot version 2 console.

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus
    I have looked at other billing software including ModernBill, WHMCS & WHMAutoPilot. All of them seem to be working this way, the customers have to actually log in and fill the CC info to pay for the next month.
    That is the reason we are still billing with whmAutoPilot version 2. From what I can gather from the whmAP developers on their forum it is something to do with 2CO and their code which is apparently not user friendly to incorporate in version 3 and I think ModernBill and a few others are facing the same situation....technical for me, so I can't elaborate further.

Regards.
    Attracted to Linux, dedicated servers with CentOS 7 and Virtualmin Pro, and Archlinux as a personal OS preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Bryant
    Some of those systems might store the CC number and then do recurring billing that way. If you do this, learn a little about CISP compliancy and find out what level you are subject to.

Have you asked the company you are reselling for what they suggest / do?

Thanks for letting me know of CISP. I didn’t have any idea about that before. But I think the way Recurring is done with 2CO, i.e. CC info is stored on 2CO not on billing script, CIPS will not be applicable. (I am not sure about that, it’s just what I think it is) Also 2CO does support recurring billing but with its own control.

Quote Originally Posted by PrHosting
    Theoretically I agree, however it is inconvenient for a client who for some reason has opted to be billed every month. I would then tend to try and convince and alter the payment schedule to either a half yearly or yearly payment.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrHosting

Well, I think I should say on the order page
    "Chose Yearly billing and save the hassle to log in every month and filling your CC info" & give them a good deal, may be a free domain.

One more way to get them signup for a year and it will certainly help me in my initial expenses. (even with a decent reseller account, initial expenses are just too much if I want to get things going properly)

BTW, do you really think that clients will not mind to fill the CC info on monthly basis??
    Any more comments ??

Yes - 2CO maintains control over that. The only time you need to worry about CISP is when you are stroing credit card data

you can do recurring with 2checkout now i think.

The problem with 2co and why software developers are droping recurring billing is that 2co's system stinks.

Once the inital payment is made it will not notify any systems after that. So if you client pays for 3 months and stoped then say clientexec would never be notified that there next payment failed and you would just continue providing free services.
    www.ihostdev.com iHost v3 in beta Host Automation - iPanel v4 beta With Forced Ads in User Sites, illegal file scanner, and new post 4 hosting feature
    www.domainuptime.comSite monitoring

never be notified that the next payment failed and you would just continue providing free services
    not quite true.

2co gives out notices that they have failed to re-bill the client and that they will continue to try to re-bill within the next few days.

this then gives you info on what action to take (e.g., contact the client, cancel the account, etc.).

Never used 2CO recurring billing system, but, does it have mail notification (per month)? If it have then you will just have to mark the invoice as Paid.
    Nahuel Lanzón - nahuel.lanzon[@]lemuriacorp.com
    Lemuria Corporation - CEO / MANAGER
    Spanish Flash Tutorials! LemuriaDemos.com

Quote Originally Posted by boeki
    not quite true.

2co gives out notices that they have failed to re-bill the client and that they will continue to try to re-bill within the next few days.

this then gives you info on what action to take (e.g., contact the client, cancel the account, etc.).
    But the whole point is automation.

If you want to monitor 1000s of subscriptions to make sure things are passing, you may as well track your business in an excel spreadsheet.
    Jacob - WebOnce Technologies - 30 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Over 5 Years Going Strong!
    Website Hosting, PHP4&5, RoR, MySQL 5.0, Reseller Hosting, Development, and Designs