Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonck08
    Well, I just got my adsense account disabled and filed an appeal with google. Once again they respond with this. They have sent this exact same email to most likely hundreds of thousands of google adsense customers.

And what did I do wrong? I followed their stupid rules and had almost enough money for a payout. Then all of the sudden out of the blue they disable my account because they think I broke one of their stupid rules?

This has happened to thousands of innocent people for no reason. Google is taking peoples hard earned money away from them for NO REASON.

They provide no evidence of what was actually happening with my adsense account. No, I didn't click on my ads, or tell a bunch of people to go clicking on them! They don't even tell you what happened, why they closed your account!

Anyone with an adsense account be warned go with something else. I'm going with Yahoo. I have heard they don't scam their customers. I have always been a google fan, until now, I can say that - Google, you SUCK!

Be warned Google Adsense is not worth your time.
    I know this situation as it has happened to a very close friend of mine. Moreover, they will never tell you the real reason, no matter how hard you try to get an answer from them.

The funny thing is that they always seem to wait for the minimum payout of 100 USD, then all of a sudden ban you. So if we assume that one day they cut out 10 000 adsense small webmasters they saved $1 000 000 in payouts, and you can just guess how much more they got from their advertisers.

Another thing, if they ban people when they notice that there's been invalid clicks from a certain IP address, how do they know that has not been done intentionally by a competitor? E.g. you go to someones site and start clicking on all the ads (won't take more than a few minutes). Then you go back the next day (preferably at the same time) and start clicking on the Google ads again. And so on for a couple of weeks. What will they do then? Consider the owner of the site a scammer because somebody else screwed him? My friend asked this from Google, because he beleives that was the real reason (a few weeks prior to that he received an angry email from a competitor in the same field), but no reply from Google. Or better said, same template BS replate.
    Last edited by tesoro; 12-14-2006 at 04:34 AM.

As for the timing. The first thing that comes to mind is the accounts might be audited when the system flags for a payout. If that makes sense. So when a user gets close to Google cutting a check they audit the results to make sure they're valid.
    Show your reciprocal links on your website. eReferrer

Quote Originally Posted by fastnoc
    As for the timing. The first thing that comes to mind is the accounts might be audited when the system flags for a payout. If that makes sense. So when a user gets close to Google cutting a check they audit the results to make sure they're valid.
    How do they not they are valid or not?
    Would not be easier for them just not to count multiple clicks made from one IP address, rather than ban users when payout is supposed to be made?

What if someone starts clicking intentionally on a competitor's site Google ads, following a certain pattern that would make Google flag the account?

Again, invalid clicks are not only from clicks arising from one IP. See the URL in my quoted post.
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse
    This site https://www.google.com/adsense/suppo...21&ctx=sibling explains the reasons you may have been flagged. It isn't always about too many clicks, but clicks resulting from any of the scenarios on that link.

Again, invalid clicks are not only from clicks arising from one IP. See the URL in my quoted post.
    Thanks for the URL, but my friend has not done anything against Google rules.

Quote Originally Posted by tesoro
    Thanks for the URL, but my friend has not done anything against Google rules.
    Now might be a good time to look at the rules. If you are not "your friend", then this rule applies to you.

You may not use discussions to recommend, praise, or belittle other products or services, or any company; without first hand experience of those products or services. This includes companies recommending other companies. Any post not meeting a moderator's criteria will be removed without notice.

So does anyone know any advertising company that is good, and not pissy like google is? I prefer something that pays good like google. Before my account got disabled, I was getting 25 cents average per click! Anyone have first hand experience with yahoo ads???

If your pagerank is decent you can try the Text Link Ads I have heard good things about them.

I use AdSense though my traffic is very little, I only have like $1.70 in the past month

What if there is a link or two that I want to click on in the Ad because it looks interesting? Or are they against single IPs doing hundreds of clicks per day?

Ah I just read their what not to do and it says never click on any of the links. How do they know its me clicking on the link and not my next door neighbour?

My IP doesn't match that of the website.. so??
    SharkBait
    Web Dev: php, MySQL, HTML, XHTML, JS, CSS
    www.DyanmicShark.com - Coming Soon!
    My Blog:www.tyleringram.com

I think my biggest question rising from reading this thread is. How can you safeguard yourself from such bans and such illegal clicks done by competitor? How?

And are you saying there is absolutely NOTHING you can do once ur banned by google - as in there is NOONE to write or correspond to? dont they have claims or something department? i mean if u get screwed over by someone else, surely there can be done something?

Don't click on your own Google ads.
    I had no computer.

Don't ask others to click on Google ads.
    My daily click rate did not change.

Don't employ pop-up prompts or automatic software installations.
    N/A

Be aware of how your site is promoted.
    Search Engines.

Don't place Google ads on sites that contain prohibited content.
    Webmaster content.

Respect Google trademarks.
    Done.. They reviewed my site and contacted me about it.

Don't tamper with the AdSense code.
    N/A

Provide a positive user experience.
    Webmaster forum.. very positive.

Provide a good environment for advertisers.
    Same as above.

Be responsive.
    Their first contact was the "disabled account" email.

Yet my account was disabled due to "invalid clicks". I'm not trying to convince anyone, people that know me in real life know I've had no computer access for months due to training. It just bothers me knowing that I've done nothing wrong and get treated like this.
    Webmaster Forum • webmastertalk.net • Webmaster Community Forum
    Website Tools • domainfocus.com • Webmaster Tools | IP Lookup | Domain Whois | PageRank Checker | HTTP Header Info | Link Analysis | Favicon Generator

I was thinking of taking something like google adsense up -

are there any others that are good? - heard someone mention yahoo

seen a few sites with amazon- couldnt find much about it on their site though

Quote Originally Posted by goonlegend
    seen a few sites with amazon- couldnt find much about it on their site though
    It's the "Join Associates" link at the bottom of their site:
    http://affiliate-program.amazon.com:...ssociates/join

I actually have an account with them, but haven't referred any sales yet so I can't give a review.
    Webmaster Forum • webmastertalk.net • Webmaster Community Forum
    Website Tools • domainfocus.com • Webmaster Tools | IP Lookup | Domain Whois | PageRank Checker | HTTP Header Info | Link Analysis | Favicon Generator

Google TOS says that you will get paid for valid clicks. Also, TOS says that you should not generate invalid clicks. It does not say there must not be invalid clicks. After all, invalid clicks can happen without you doing it.

I know someone that open their google account and their website in a public computer. He logged out but left his website open. Then someone else might click on his link and google will think that those are clicks from the same computer.

Quote Originally Posted by hardjoko
    Google TOS says that you will get paid for valid clicks. Also, TOS says that you should not generate invalid clicks. It does not say there must not be invalid clicks. After all, invalid clicks can happen without you doing it.

I know someone that open their google account and their website in a public computer. He logged out but left his website open. Then someone else might click on his link and google will think that those are clicks from the same computer.
    They won't pay a dime, just close the account and that's it......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12