What type of service should I use?

I'm thinking of starting either 1) a site for my South East Car Enthusiasts car group. I'm getting contacted about doing all these meets and helping people organize car shows but I have no site. I'd have news..pics...etc on here also.

Or, 2) www.revatlanta.com which would be something like importatlanta.com but have a lot more features.

I can say that I will build up to an actual car show and I just need to know if it sounds like I need a bunch of space because I'll be using message boards and a small I.M. service script.

Anyone know of any hosts that would fit me well??

Thanks in advance

I think you need to provide more information. Like, are you going to be posting alot of pictures, etc...

I will have a picture post type script set it. Only so the members dont slow down the forums by posting pictures in there.

YaBB
    News scripts
    IM script
    Possibly a custom home page script
    Picture post script

Few other small ones. I know the scripts will work I just want to make sure I get the right service.

i'd give it 200 megs of space, maybe 10-15 gigs of bandwidth on the very conservative side just in case it rockets off.

Bear in mind that alot of hosts ban the cgi YaBB as it's a resource hog. They have bjust brought out a php version and there is a cgi to php forum converter. Useful links:

YaBB SE Download Page
    YaBB SE Conversion Forum

Hope this helps.
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability