Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Maputo, Mozambique
    Posts
    8

    gisol.com control panel [resolved]

    Impossible to open gisol.com control panel since one month. Before there was no problem, now I have no idea what happened. I checked everything (firewall, antivirus, services, ports....) I am using two PCs with Windows XP and Linux Suse 9.3

    Is there anybody with the same problem? Or maybe I'm the only one?

    I had good experience with gisol.com up to one month ago, but I know that other people have a bad souvenir (see gisol.ca).

    I do not know what to think.

    Any reply will be appreciated.
      0 Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Have you contacted their support regarding this issue? That would be the best place to start
      0 Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Maputo, Mozambique
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by WN-Ali
    Have you contacted their support regarding this issue? That would be the best place to start
    I did it an uncountable numbers of time. The answer is always the same: here it works, the problem is on your side.

    I tried to access te cp from different PCs, different internet providers, different OSs, different geographical locations....

    I do not know what to do more...
      0 Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EU - east side
    Posts
    21,913
    I tried to access te cp from different PCs, different internet providers, different OSs, different geographical locations....
    Seems to me you've done just about everything to make sure it's not just your particular setup that's the cause of your issue.

    If you still have FTP access, it would be within reason to do do a full backup and move. You'll have to ask the host to assist you with backups of your databases I'm afraid.
      0 Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by oreste
    Impossible to open gisol.com control panel since one month. Before there was no problem, now I have no idea what happened. I checked everything (firewall, antivirus, services, ports....) I am using two PCs with Windows XP and Linux Suse 9.3
    Can you provide the link to the control panel that is not working? Does it not let you log in, or are you completely unable to reach the server?

    Also, does your web/email hosting still work?
      0 Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Maputo, Mozambique
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by localhost127
    Can you provide the link to the control panel that is not working? Does it not let you log in, or are you completely unable to reach the server?

    Also, does your web/email hosting still work?
    The link is:
    https://cp.mygisol.com:8443

    web mail and formmail are not working but pop mail is working. Also ftp is working. The situation is not desperate, but if I need to open a new mail address, change settings, adding a new option (what my customers could ask any time) is not possible. Even open a trouble ticket is not possible because has to be done through the control panel.

    I have to migrate as soon as possible, but I cannot access to settings and change dns to domain name because it can only be done through the cp.

    I have the strong feeling that they are just abandoning the business without taking care about their customers. Sad, unfair but seems to be damnly real.
      0 Not allowed!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    179
    I tried the link that you sent, and it worked fine for me. I highly doubt they are abandoning their business, but if they were i don't think they would start blocking certain customers from reaching the control panel.

    Are you able to ping cp.mygisol.com? or reach their home page http://gisol.com ?
      0 Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EU - east side
    Posts
    21,913
    Good questions localhost127.

    I can also visit that page just fine. Can you oreste? Or is your trouble related to the username&password combination? If the latter, it should be easy enough for the host to reset them for you.
      0 Not allowed!

  9. #9
    That seems to load fine here also. Maybe the issue is on your indeed.
      0 Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Maputo, Mozambique
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by localhost127
    I tried the link that you sent, and it worked fine for me. I highly doubt they are abandoning their business, but if they were i don't think they would start blocking certain customers from reaching the control panel.

    Are you able to ping cp.mygisol.com?
    This is a very good info, it gives new hope . Today I asked some friend based in Australia, GB, France and Italy to do it, but no results.

    If I type cp.mygisol.com appear an apparently error page with the following message:

    "The fact that you are seeing this page indicates that the website you just visited is either experiencing problems or is undergoing routine maintenance."

    The ping results of cp.mygisol.com are successful.

    The address cp.mygisol.com:8443 is not accessible, do you access this page?

    The link from gisol.com is the same cp.mygisol.com:8443

    My domains are accessible, some services like formmail are not working, but I can fix it by installing a specific Perl script.

    After a web search, even in this forum, there are some customers with the same problem. One among them, a canadian, is so upset that decided to open a "countersite" (see gisol.ca).

    In general I prefer to trust them, I have been confortable with gisol during two years, but something is wrong now. I'd like to understand what exactly is wrong.

    Thanks for your interest.
      0 Not allowed!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Maputo, Mozambique
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc
    Good questions localhost127.

    I can also visit that page just fine. Can you oreste? Or is your trouble related to the username&password combination? If the latter, it should be easy enough for the host to reset them for you.
    Thanks a lot to all of you for having tried. I cannot acces the form that gives the possibility to input name and pass.

    Anyway your answers indicate clearly that i have to follow different "rationals" in order to uncover the mistery.

    I'm wondering wether the access is blocked for non US IP.

    Thanks again
      0 Not allowed!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EU - east side
    Posts
    21,913
    I'm wondering wether the access is blocked for non US IP.
    That can't be. I'm from Romania.

    Though they might be refusing access to some countries, yours being among them.
      0 Not allowed!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,842
    I can also access that login page from Australia. It seems that the problem is specific to your access, but not a simple firewall block because you still have web and ftp access.

    I wonder if your ISP is blocking ssl traffic not on port 443. Can you get to some of these other Hsphere control panel login pages?
    Chris

    "Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter
      0 Not allowed!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by foobic
    I can also access that login page from Australia. It seems that the problem is specific to your access, but not a simple firewall block because you still have web and ftp access.

    I wonder if your ISP is blocking ssl traffic not on port 443. Can you get to some of these other Hsphere control panel login pages?

    Thats touches on another good point. HSphere systems are typically setup in clusters so your website would be hosted on a different server from your mail, which is different from the control panel itself. It sounds like foobic might have hit the nail on the head and that your ISP (or the ISP's in your area) are filtering port 8443 for you.
      0 Not allowed!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Maputo, Mozambique
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by localhost127
    Thats touches on another good point. HSphere systems are typically setup in clusters so your website would be hosted on a different server from your mail, which is different from the control panel itself. It sounds like foobic might have hit the nail on the head and that your ISP (or the ISP's in your area) are filtering port 8443 for you.
    Definetely the right track to follow.

    I'll investigate deeper in the issue in the next days in order to have the problem fixed.

    I'll post as soon as I'll have a clearer situation, now with your help I know what to do.

    Thanks to all of you.
      0 Not allowed!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Maputo, Mozambique
    Posts
    8

    gisol.com control panel solved

    Thanks to the help of kind forum participants (see previous post about gisol.com), the control panel access problem was solved.

    Control panel is developed by Hsphere and uses port 844, that port was temporary unavailable from my provider.

    Surprisingly also the various friends around the world I asked to check the gisol.com cp had the same problem.

    The various previous messages full of unger against gisol.com found on this forum led my mind to unpositive thought.

    Now I am pleased to say that gisol.com offers good services.

    Thanks to all people that helped to solve the problem.
      0 Not allowed!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Tokyo / Japan
    Posts
    489
    Interesting.

    Are you saying that anybody else could access it but you couldnt because of your provider blocking port 844 ?

    Perhaps your porvider is using it themselves and they wanted to avoid poeple to login from outside their network ;-)

    Just a thought.
    __--- Nils Valentin ---
    ☆★☆ Speedtest One: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback
    ☆★☆ Speedtest Two: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback
      0 Not allowed!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Maputo, Mozambique
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by valentin_nils
    Interesting.

    Are you saying that anybody else could access it but you couldnt because of your provider blocking port 844 ?

    Perhaps your porvider is using it themselves and they wanted to avoid poeple to login from outside their network ;-)

    Just a thought.
    Probably is just a case of net paranoia. Less doors opened = less attacks

    I did a scan and they had only ports 80 and 110 opened, other ports they open on request. One month ago every port was available. I think they were attacked, instead of buying some good software they prefered to shut all doors. Easy, but no so professional.
      0 Not allowed!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    34,797
    Quote Originally Posted by oreste
    Thanks to the help of kind forum participants (see previous post about gisol.com), the control panel access problem was solved.
    Good to hear. Threads merged and closed
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.
      0 Not allowed!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •