DDos / Hitbot Attack? Urgent help?

Hi, Guys!

Im in a problem situation! I just bouth servage hosting because they offer alot for cheap money, but i have a problem!

I think that somebody is ageinst my site, i run a myspace support site, = every thing legal, etc.. I did get in a fight with a guy on a other forum, throw pm because of some stupid stuff, he tryed to sell something ILLEGAL and i found out, he was laying in the thread, i just pointed that out! (As stupid as i was) Should have just left it alone!

Now my site jumpted from useing 1gb per day (thats 2 days ago)
    To 80gb bw in few hours - 6 to be exact!
    Well since servage does not have any stats or witch file that has been access most or from witch ip or any thing, i dont know how to even try to stop it?
    Should i look for a other host that might help me with these stuff or what / how is he doing it?

Screen-shot of the stats:
    http://i12.tinypic.com/30ddtlj.jpg

Please im willing to pay for help, on how to suspend those IPS that are doing this or what every i can do to make it right, or to prevent this?

Thanks!

Sorry forgot to mention, is that what they do or what the problem is = they use to much BW! How can i solve this?

Maybe bad or temporary ban ips on daily basis who uses more then 3GB bw per day?

But if they use a proxy gate, then this is hard to prevent? Please help me.. ? ? ? ?

Im desperate..

Can you pull up some Apache logs showing which IP called which page etc?

I can ask my host, but dont know if they have that!

I do have a other account, where the site was hosted untill yesterday there i have cpanel with more info..

screen-shots = here:

http://i11.tinypic.com/2i6nods.gif
    http://i13.tinypic.com/2h3ok6b.gif
    http://i14.tinypic.com/2pq86yc.gif

Any others host that are recommended?

Thank You For your answer!

Thx!

thats not bad but with a real ddos you need hardware. <<snipped>>

You can use firewalls like apf, dos deflate and others but real bad syn/udp packet attacks will have to be stopped by hardware because they still reach your server to be dropped by the kernel.

get on ddos protected network, you cant stop ddos attacks with software, you can stop minor socket flooding but thats about it
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 12-12-2006 at 06:34 PM.

But what if this is not a DDOs attack?

This guy may be just out to overuse my bandwidth?

Can i prevent that or just hope that he stops?

I se that you offer good deals on Ddos protected network, i allso se that you have (to small plans for me)
    I need a bigger package like few 150gb or 250gb per month, not much space or any thing else!

That screen-shot is allmost like mine, how did you stop that?

Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by Neo_The_One
    But what if this is not a DDOs attack?

This guy may be just out to overuse my bandwidth?

Can i prevent that or just hope that he stops?

I se that you offer good deals on Ddos protected network, i allso se that you have (to small plans for me)
    I need a bigger package like few 150gb or 250gb per month, not much space or any thing else!

That screen-shot is allmost like mine, how did you stop that?

Thx!
    A DDOS attack is meant to use bandwith and tie up port bandwith allocation. You need to remember, you get what you pay for. Servage may end up suspending your account if it's using 10mb/sec.

edit: looks like you've already been suspended.

Ahh i se!
    Im new at this so dont really know much about ddos attacks!

Its about 6pm, and the site has used 80gb bw in 18 hours!: (

Now im trying to talk with Servage, to merge 2 accounts into 1, then i can use 160 per day, witch would increase the chance of not getting suspended, they just suspended my account.

With 6 more hours to go.. !

Im need some solutions!

Looking at the image you posted, I don’t believe this problem is anything too serious.

I could be wrong, but from what it looks like, someone is mass downloading from your site, trying to suck up your bandwidth, which would explain the huge jump in hits/page views.

I’ve been hit with similar types of problems with some of the people I host, it’s really up to the host to prevent these kinds of things from occurring and block them as required. If servage is not going to help you, might be time to look for a new host.

"If servage is not going to help you, might be time to look for a new host."

True, but what where will and witch hos will take this as their problem and help me?

The thing is with Servage.net they are great, i mean they allow me to use 80gb of bw each day! I only need like 120 per day, to over come this hit or what ever it is!

Im in a dialog with them now to setup 2 account with the same diskspace then i can use aprox 160 gb per day, this is cheap / fast server / good uptime / great support..

And i need this to WHEN my site gets bigger to!

Any other hosts?

HMm,

I think its problay becasue your getting a lot more traffic then you used to? more people signing up ect and stuff like that.

My friends have used IntruGuard for situations like this and have found that it works like magic. The attackers go away because they don't see the effect. Try it.

Just a suggestion. No point wasting precious time.