Thread: Gazzin problems

Gazzin problems

I put in a support ticket today. Do they not speak English or am I not explaining it well enough?

(I tried posting the text of the ticket here, but it didn't work. It said I had to have 5 posts before being able to use vbCode or parsing of links, neither of which I'm doing. Sorry you have to click through.)

http ://outofthemold.com/gazzin.html

I get a seeq page when I do that link.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Quote Originally Posted by HostFrog
    Same here.

Hi,

The URL works fine http://outofthemold.com/gazzin.html

I also ran tests of http://www.outofthemold.com/test.jsp which was stated in the ticket.

Once tickets are resolved they are usually closed. You are always welcome to open it. We do this to have better control of our tickets as well as increse response time.

Reading over the ticket I see response time has been extremely quick on your resolution.

I am wondering what is the "gazzin problems" here.

However, if there is an issue with the response time and resolution feel free to let me know personally and I will surely address them to the team for you.

It is our goal to ensure quality support and response time along with affordability for all resellers.
    Last edited by Profuse-Will; 12-11-2006 at 08:12 PM.
    Psychz Networks - Enterprise Servers & Data Center Professionals
    ★24/7 On-Site Support - Premium Server Hardware
    ★Facilities: Los Angeles, CA - Dallas, TX | Tier-4 Data Centers
    ★Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Psychz DDoS-Shield™ On-Premise Mitigation

http://outofthemold.com/gazzin.html points to a copy of the support ticket I was having problems with. It's like they didn't even read the ticket.

Well, the problem was this: the page on outofthemold.com didn't work, but it worked on dogtired.org. The response was, yes, it works on dogtired.org.

I knew that! So I replied, trying to say that. But the support came back and said the issue was resolved and they were closing the ticket!

It's just REALLY frustrating when they don't answer the question! Or when they don't even UNDERSTAND the question. Which is why I was wondering if it was how I wrote the ticket, or if Gazzin's support can't speak English.

The issue is now resolved, so outofthemold.com/test.jsp works. But I suspect it's only because I posted here.

Plus, I have had my sites go down a lot lately. But they're usually working by the time I submit a ticket. So I wrote this ticket:
    Adam Koch
    Posted On: 04 Nov 2006 10:20 AM
    My sites, including dogtired.org, are down. But usually they are back up by the time you get to this ticket.

I'm thinking of switching providers because my sites go down a lot but you never see it. Can you put in more monitoring from another location or something?

Herman
    Posted On: 04 Nov 2006 10:25 AM
    Hello,

Thank You for contacting the support Team.

We have checked the issue and found that the domain dogtired.org is working fine. It is also working from the proxy servers. Please check the same on your side too.

If you need further help, please feel free to contact.

Thank You,

Herman.
    Support Team.

Adam Koch
    Posted On: 06 Nov 2006 09:51 AM
    It's working now, as I predicted.

Any suggestions on what I can do? I mean, the sites go down, or are at least not available from my point of view. But they seem to come back after a few minutes. Should I try doing a tracert to find the problem?

-- End of ticket

The ticket is still "On Hold". I don't expect any closure.

Quote Originally Posted by HostFrog
    I had to put a space between the "http" and the rest "://..." for the thread to post.

Hi Silent_L

Actually this was resolved by the time I checked. I looked at the ticket and it was already resolved.

It was a simple mistake that he did not read the ticket properly which Bryan admit. However, the resolution was made what is the issue for this resolution? I think none as it was a simple mistake on the admin.

Ticket "on hold" is simply waiting your reply nothing more. As issue persists the issue is left open. However in this case Paul replied to the ticket and left it as "draft" and never hit the reply causing it to seem like there is no reply. I will be closing off this ticket simply open a new one if you experience any issues, provide outage, duration, ping requests, traceroute, or error. This will help resolve your issue.

You are on the server "ferret" so far we havent had any outage reports on http. Please describe the outage that might occur.

It can range from DNS, ping, or other services.

I will have one of the senior admins pull this ticket up and make a reply to you.

Lets resolve this within the tickets as we look forward with working with you.
    Last edited by Profuse-Will; 12-12-2006 at 02:49 AM.

I'm glad the issue of running .jsps is finally resolved, but I wish support had read the ticket and understood the problem before closing it. It took me writting in this forum for support to re-look at the ticket.

As far as "On Hold" goes, I had written a response to support, so really the ticket was waiting for a response from you.

As far as outages, take a look at the number of tickets I submit saying "sites down". It happens a lot. I have a free service that also sends me an email when the sites are down. However, they are usually up by the time I get a ticket entered. By writting this all in a ticket I was hoping for some steps to try to solve the problem. And support has finally gotten around to providing me some steps. Although, I have to say I was always able to get to their site Gazzin's site to submit the ticket, that should give some indication of the problem.

My clients will email me when their site is down. I'm just getting tired of all the unexplained downtime. And the the closing of the unfixed ticket set me off.

Hi,

I understand the issue and the Bryan understands fully. In fact when I saw the post I saw Bryan has already made resolution on the ticket. He simply was reading the ticket as fast as he can which he made a mistake. He already fully apologize at management. Keep in mind we're only humans and mistakes will happen like this time to time.

As for outages we havent receive it which is odd. When you get an outage there are two types service outage, connectivity (firewall, backbone), load outage, or finally DNS outage.

In order for us to assist you simply follow the procedure indicated above as we require a detail report to get to the bottom of it. We monitor all our sites with 3 monitoring service on ferret and havent receive any problems with this machine.

I invite you to contact us personally and we will take care of you. All in all if issue does not get resolved ask support to escalate you to "escalations department" this is where senior admins and managmenent will view your issue.

I hope the above information is sufficient for you. As I will simply do everything I can to insure your satisfication with us.

Gazzin problems?

Goodluck to you and be ready for more problems.
    Trust me... been with them... and I got sick of them.

If I were you... find another one.

Greetings Joomla,

We had resolved his issue and was only a hiccup in human error nothing more.

I know you have been with us and we know fully of who you are

However, problems of disagreement is there. I will not go fully into it.

Yep... you know me very well. Because I've been submitting tickets everyweek, until I got tired of it, about a down website. I tried to be patient with you guys but I just run out of it.

The problem is not disagreement. The problem is your server that is always down.

Hi Joomla,

It was simply due to your site using too many SQL queries. A capped down on the site causing you to be in disagreement.

It is not our job to monitor your site that is your job. We simply enforce so it does not crash the server. A very simple concept

clanosiris,

If you claim that you have 3 monitoring services on your websites, at least show some proof. I'm not doubting you but it would help your clients and us (if that matters) that your 'ferret' server were in fact ONLINE this whole time.
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

Hi Stag-Dan,

His issue was connection problem that occurs as site goes down and he refreshes it works. It can be due to firewall limitation, rate limiting, or other possible connection problems. It can also be http maxing out but I double check the configs. Here are the alerts for our hybodus monitoring which is our third party monitoring.

Cpanel Checker This service is Ok! 100.00% 1m 13s -
    Cpanel WHM Checker This service is Ok! 100.00% 1m 13s -
    HTTP This service is Ok! 100.00% 13s -
    HTTPS This service is Ok! 99.93% 13s -
    MYSQL This service is Ok! 100.00% 13s -
    PING This service is Ok! 100.00% 13s -
    POP3 This service is Ok! 100.00% 3m 13s -
    SMTP This service is Ok! 100.00% In Progress -
    SSH This service is Ok! 100.00% 13s -

Other monitoring is a php base script which we designed that check http / load / and mysql queries (pm me if you want see print screen)

And finally the third is SIM + the php script we designed on another remote server where it connects.

However we would like to get to the bottom of it for silent_L just hoping for a detail report on his issue. As we havent had much report on this machine.

I hope this is sufficent if you want verification Stag-Dan I will be glad to get you login to our private hybodus panel or perhaps a printscreen for you. If you want login just let me know we'll sign you up an NDA and you can see the uptime across all our servers. We dont rely on hybodus only but other local monitoring service as well.

Quote Originally Posted by clanosiris
    Hi Joomla,

It was simply due to your site using too many SQL queries. A capped down on the site causing you to be in disagreement.

It is not our job to monitor your site that is your job. We simply enforce so it does not crash the server. A very simple concept
    Did you guys see how unprofessional Gazzin operates?

They actually capped it to "100" queries per day without notifying me. If you got a CMS website, that means you can only have 100 members per day to browse your website. And I think all of us will agree here that.. that is just plain stupid!!!

So what happened is, my website is only usable for 1-4 hours per day.

Hi,

Like all companies a cap of "max users" is there.

Your site simply got to the point where it was overloading the mySQL applicaton.

It was a WRONG capped of query but later fixed after your complaint within our public forum.

Unprofessional? How is it when we are simply keeping the server resources free for others and not one site jeopardized the overall performance?

Like all hosts any will enforce a cap I can almost guarantee that in a shared environment.

Yeah... unprofessional... because before you do something that will affect your client's business. You need send a "notification".

So don't throw "unprofessional" back at me. How the freak would I know that you guys don't like a CMS website. You guys are the admin... so you need to tell your clients so they can leave.

The problem is... you don't want to tell your client, because you don't want to lose them. And that's how UNPROFESSIONAL Gazzin is.

Hi Joomla,

By default most shared hosting caps mySQL queries of 20-40 max connections for one site that is default. They do not even notify you properly. As this is to avoid floods that can occur or abuse.

In your case it has nothing to do with "capping" and leave you be. The fact was one of the site was crashing the mySQL application as well as the server itself. We simply made the cap to prevent "flood" like characteristics that were going on. If there were issues with this simply notify support and we would have worked it out. Not only that but we added more RAM just for this account alone as we saw more traffic coming in. All in all we tried using our resources, optimization and anything we can just for one site alone. If you do not believe this then nothing more I can say.

In fact we no longer cap this like this anymore due to this conflict rather we just suspend the whole site. Now the problem is users will get all upset when suspension occur. However, their script is looped, crontab is wrong, and so on. If we were to email and make changes to each account we will be sitting here filing changes than resolving tickets.

You had other sites on the reseller account approximately ten or so. If you highly valued one of them one will simply keep an eye on the issue.

How come your replies takes few minutes when it comes to this forum? In your own forum it takes a day or so... on the ticket it takes few hours...

well ...

i'm done with Gazzin... goodluck to your business.

Hi,

The public forums in our area we check time to time.

Also it was mere coincidence I guess.

As I knew you were going to respond back

Anyways good luck on your venture.

Hi Joomla,

Gazzin = BAD QUALITY

so if you are looking for quality, leave Gazzin very soon

i was with them about 25 months (more than 2 years)

this thread absolutely cracks me up i've given up my anti-gazzin statements on these boards cause its like talking to a brick wall, people still sign up with them and wonder why they have such crap service! time passes, but their situation remains the same!

I have been with them forover two years. Use to use them as a failover for a server status page and just havne't gotten around to canceling. Service is too patchy with http outages about 18 times a month (nothing very long) and chat support is valued but no longer very good. At least they follow up on their querks but generally they are not good. Sorry gazzin.

Robert Davis

Hi Chamelion,

How does our situation remain the same? We have introduced more nodes and more resellers obviously we are doing something right

The client is simply pulling all old threads because he simply DID NOT follow policies.

All other issues we worked with clients side by side and are flexible to the best of our ability.

In your case chamelion we were in a very CRAP noc which caused the experienced with us to be horrible. No matter what node we moved you too the NOC did not cooperate with us! I am very sorry for that! Today things are difference.

As for Cyberdog I have emailed you personally to offer a resolution on this matter.

I have to ammend my previous post. I have not experienced this lately as I have not been using gazzin for my needs lately but they inform me that service optomization was done to resolv ethis issue on the server I am on and that laggy issues should no longer be occuring (and they probably aren't as I ran a check for a few hours and they seemed to be fine). It is an afforable reseller that does reply to support requests, just takes a while to get anywhere :-\. Good luck to resolving your issue!

Regards,
    Robert Davis