Which Shared Cart?

I'm new to ECommerce:
    I need to setup a shared cart that can be accessed by multiple clients. It would probably be good if they could login and download transactions into QuickBooks. From what I read here, OSCommerce fits that bill. Some customers simply login, and print it out.

Authorize.net has gateway capabilities to interface with QuickBooks.

I don't understand the difference between how these two operate. I would think that the OSCommerce solution would book it as an order in QuickBooks because the order could be declined. I would think that Authorize.net would book it as a sale, since you have their money.

As far as site integratioin, some people would have no integration at all. Their site would simply pass the products selected to the secure shared shopping cart site where they type in their cc information. Sales tax would need to be applied, depending on the state. Some may want to have products with inventory levels shown on their own site. There may be cases where the inventory in Quickbooks needs to be reflected on the site. I know there is service named QBGateway, but that is not a product I can buy. I could code it if no solution is available since I've coded for the Quickbooks API before.

That creates a spec like this. A shopping cart that can be:
    1. Can be shared among customers.
    2. Could optionally supply downloads for QuickBooks.
    3. Could optionally work with Authroize.net.
    4. Could optionally work with PayPal.
    5. Platform independent if possible.

Another question, I need a good source to check the server for security vulnerabilities. What are some that you use?

Thanks!

You might want to look at X-cart Gold.

You might take a look at Modular Merchant to see if they can support everything. They are usually able to easily add on anything that you need.

I was not certain though if you are looking for a hosted solution or not though.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedreamer
    You might want to look at X-cart Gold.
    I did. It looks like I would require X-Cart Pro to do the multiple businesses. X-cart actually does make some sense because they don't charge you royalties every month like most of the multi-business carts do.

A few I'm researching a little more that you might have an opinion on are:
    - CS-Cart
    - SunShop
    - I studied CRE OSCommerce B2B, but I can't tell from anything I see if it would do multiple businesses or not. I know it's a bit of a standard. It looks better to me than ZenCart, especially on the management side.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Bryant
    I was not certain though if you are looking for a hosted solution or not though.
    No, I am the hoster.

Thanks!