Enom vs NetworkSolutions SrsPlus

I was just wondering if anyone can give me some advice as to which company is best to signup with to resell domains. We are looking at using awbs billing software for our hosting, which says it comes with a free enom reseller account.

Some things I am wondering is, what exactly is a free enom reseller account? How exactly does it work, and are there hidden fees that I would need to know about? I found the Enom site did not do the greatest job explaining how they work in general, and the awbs was basically the same.

I was also checking out NetworkSolutions which seemed to be fairly decent. I am wondering which you think is better, or if you have an alternative solution.

Greatful for your suggestions. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by zwolf

I was also checking out NetworkSolutions which seemed to be fairly decent. I am wondering which you think is better, or if you have an alternative solution.

Greatful for your suggestions. Thanks.

I have recently signed up with http://www.SRSPlus.com for a reseler account and transfered a number of domains from BulkRegister/eNom to SRSPlus.

The function on the SRSPlus side was smooth and as I would with their interface I think I made a good move.

Reading a number of posts about eNom after the buy-out of BulkRegister makes me wonder if there will be more problems for the future of eNom. Perhap when the BulkRegister Resellers jump ship eNom will return to whatever status they once had with their own Resellers.

Mergers and buy-outs make me wonder about the effects on customer service.
    The Best To You!
    Ireland - Networking the Irish / Celtic Community
    www.CapitalCeltic.com

Thanks for the feedback Ireland. That is some good news regarding SrsPlus, I appreciate hearing your experience with them. Up to now everything about them seems to be fairly straight forward. So far they seem like the best route to go.

Quote Originally Posted by zwolf
    Thanks for the feedback Ireland. That is some good news regarding SrsPlus, I appreciate hearing your experience with them. Up to now everything about them seems to be fairly straight forward. So far they seem like the best route to go.

When I started the process of transfer from my BulkRegister/eNom account I did a search here on WHT. This was back in October and at that time http://www.StarGate.com had an offer of a free Reseller account setup for members of the WHT Forum.

That may still be good. Your can reach Tom at StarGate through his PM at Stargate.com ID.

StarGate has a very nice $5.95 transfer price for the first year. Their Control Panel is not as easy as SRSPlus but their prices is great.

Good Luck!
    The Best To You!
    www.CapitalCeltic.com

Shoould eNom even have purchased them?

While I suppose eNom wanted to increase the number of domains registered with them, it sounds like a wholesaler being too greedy and wanting to retail and wholesale at the same time. Always a difficult proposition. The fee of $12 per domain pisses off customers who know or eventually find out that you switch resellers and you get a much better fee. And competing with your own customers for retail business pisses them off.

Hello,

I would suggest you to go with Enom as it is one of largest domain registrars in the world of hosting. Enom provides good features and plans for their customers.

Network solutions is also good. But I would prefer to go with Enom.

For any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you.

Regards,

Thanks everyone for all the feedback. Can anyone explain to me exactly what is a "free enom reseller account"? How does this work, and are there hidden costs or other issues I should be aware of?

To get a free enom reseller account you need to sign-up with an eNom ETP who offers free accounts (a lot do). If you open up a reseller account you need to pay minimum upfront of $100. If you open up a retail account you can pay as you go (but no reselling). There is a 3% surcharge when making payments by paypal or credit card (I'm unsure if that also applies to retail accounts). In both cases you can register domains for $8.95. It's an excellent method of getting an account with the biggest reselling registrar and their control panel is also excellent. Just be sure you sign-up with an ETP.
    Signature Under Construction.

Quote Originally Posted by hostechsupport
    Hello,

I would suggest you to go with Enom as it is one of largest domain registrars in the world of hosting. Enom provides good features and plans for their customers.

Network solutions is also good. But I would prefer to go with Enom.

For any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you.

Regards,
    HELL NO!

enom is one of the biggest scammers I know, screw over their resellers and keep 100% of the money

franksredhot is entitled to his biased opinion I notice he never recommends any registrar, just slams the ones he doesn't like that much, for whatever reason. There's never any concrete hard evidence. Just a lot of hot air.

Thanks for all the info Stu. With awbs it seems that it is fully automated when using the Enom reseller account, and a manual process if we use any other company. If we use the reseller account are there any disadvantages, such as in the whois information? Would our company name appear, or would it be the company with whom we signed up as a reseller with? Also what exactly is an ETP & what are the pros & cons between the two? Thanks again for the advice.

Hi FranksRedHot, just wondering what information you are basing that on? Personal experience? I appreciate the feedback, but was wondering why you feel this way about them?

I have reseller accounts with Enom, SRSplus, and ResellOne. ResellOne being the least expensive, but still taking shape.

I am having problem with SRSplus not responding to my support requests. For example recently I requested a transfer key for a domain to transfer out, I received a confirmation email and that was it. The key never came. What's your experience with their support?

Sam

I originally started off with SRS Plus. within about 7 months I moved all my domains to eNom.

it's nearly impossible to keep track of domains at SRSPlus. Domains will show up in your account that aren't even registered anymore. you'll get notices for domains you've moved. I found out how bad it was after moving my domains. I kept getting renewal notices from SRSPlus 6 months after transfering the domains to eNom.

eNom's been great for me. I don't remember ever having a problem
    Show your reciprocal links on your website. eReferrer

We use AWBS with eNom, and love them. We have over 1500 resellers "under" us, with a total of about 6000 domains.

Many of our resellers switched over from openSRS or other companies, because eNom offers a superior API, better control panel, and more responsive support.

(Although I must admit that support levels have dropped recently. However, after discussion with our account manager, my understanding is they are hiring more support staff, and so support should be "back to normal" soon.)
    Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

Quote Originally Posted by StoneMicro
    I have reseller accounts with Enom, SRSplus, and ResellOne. ResellOne being the least expensive, but still taking shape.

I am having problem with SRSplus not responding to my support requests. For example recently I requested a transfer key for a domain to transfer out, I received a confirmation email and that was it. The key never came. What's your experience with their support?

Sam

To Get the Codes you need to go to your Reseller Control Panel.
    1. Select the Domain Management then check the Domain/Domains you want.

2. Go the the Action Dropdown Menu, at the bottom selection is the Auth.Codes Request.

3. Select and click GO.

4. Codes are sent to Authorized Admin e-mail account.

I just now tested this and I gote the codes for two domains with "1 Minute".

I hope this helps.
    The Best To You!
    www.CapitalCeltic.com

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy
    We use AWBS with eNom, and love them.
    What's AWBS?

And to the guy who's bitching other registrars, what's the beef?

It should be against the rules to speak against any company that you don't have any personal expertise with, and you should be specific about why. These tactics worked and do scare me. I saw another warning about eNom. But it was also non-specific. eNom should sue that fellow if he doesn't have specifics. Because in this case it is slander.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdwh
    What's AWBS?.
    http://www.awbs.com/
    Advanced Webhost Billing System
    "AWBS is a shopping cart/billing system with template based user web interface. Specifically designed for web hosting and domain name providers, AWBS is everything you need to run your hosting/domain name business!"

Thanks. Looks an interesting product.

Thanks again everyone for your excellent advice. I very much appreciate it. Sorry I somehow missed the thread Ireland had posted regarding the stargate registrar. Just came across it. Thanks for the link. .

So it looks like we are going to go with the Enom account, it seems wise as it ties in nicely with the awbs system. Also found the comments on the previous page regarding the billing problems with the SrsPlus interesting, I certainly do not wish to experience those types of problems. While it might be rare, I am not the most organized person in the world, and certainly would not want to be billed for domains that we move. Thats a little scary. The overall reason we are going with Enom is the ease of use with awbs as well as the good feedback by the users who posted to this thread.

Thanks again everyone.

I think enom sucks and I do not think srsplus is a serious contender. I am looking for alternatives.

Hello,

There are other domain registrars like: godaddy.com, networksolutions.com, onlinenic.com, melbourneit.com.au etc ...

You can any one of those to get your domain registered.

Thank you.

Regards,

You can't really be recommending any one of those. I guess you forgot the smilie