WebHosting.Info is a patent-pending process invented by Bhavin Turakhia, a result of 2 years of extensive research and development. It employs several key technologies to generate comprehensive reports of unprecedented accuracy and quality, by processing data collected using public domain tools and utilities. The data processing is also based on various assumptions. These assumptions may lead to certain limitations in the report. Following are the assumptions and limitations of our process:
* The entire data set currently consists of all COM, NET, ORG, BIZ, INFO Domain Names. This does not represent the worldwide total, since there are various ccTLDs which we have not yet covered. We assume the total of this dataset to be the Entire Dataset. We shall be including ccTLD statistics in our reports very soon.
* The clients of a Web Hosting company are identified as all Domains served by the nameservers of that particular Company. This may however not be true in all cases. In certain instances the DNS provider maybe separate from the actual Hosting Company. In such a scenario, those domains will be counted towards the DNS provider and not the Hosting Company.
* While our assignment process is extremely accurate in a few rare cases we may have missed out on the Nameservers of a Hosting Company in which case the counts and statistics for those nameservers may be missed out. However, this can easily be rectified by that hosting company and we have an online automated process for this rectification. Therefore this inaccuracy will be practically nullified shortly.
* In all reports the number of Web Hosting companies is assumed as companies having greater than 50 domains under management. Companies with less than 50 domains are not counted in the total number of Web Hosting companies. Their clients however are counted towards total statistics.
* Currently we have not begun to check whether a domain name is actually a hosted. We will soon be differentiating between Domains that are only Registered, Domains that are Parked/Forwarded, and Domains that actually host a unique website. This will reflect accurately the count of hosted clients and exclude the parked/forwarded clients.
* The current Web Hosting company rank is simply based on the total domains count. Since we do not have a differentiation between Hosted and non-Hosted domains yet, these total counts sometimes result in skewed rankings.
* Few domains have multiple nameservers belonging to more than one Company. For instance domain.com can have NS1.DIRECTI.COM and NS1.ANOTHERCOMPANY.COM as its nameservers, where NS1.DIRECTI.COM is owned by DIRECTI.COM and NS1.ANOTHERCOMPANY.COM belongs to ANOTHER COMPANY. In this rare case, the client is assigned to both the companies since it is not possible to directly determine which company the domain is hosted with.
* Wherever we mention Country in the report, we are referring to Country of the Hosting Company and NOT Country of the Domain Name. For instance a client in Australia maybe hosted with a Hosting Company in India, and the servers may actually be in the United States. There are three countries here. The country of the client, the country of the Hosting company, and the country of the Datacenter. In our reports, Country refers to Country of the Hosting Company unless specified otherwise.
* Directi has been omitted from all rank listings to avoid any conflict of interest since WebHosting.Info is a division of Directi.
These, and variations of these may lead to minor inaccuracies in the reports. What is more important however are the processes we have put in place to remove these inaccuracies overtime, with assistance and contribution from readers such as yourself.
If you do find any inaccuracies or any other issues with our data/reports, please email us at [email protected]
and we will attempt to rectify the same at the earliest.