* Whats your DCs cancel/refund policy?

We use and I don't like there policy at all.

3.0 Cancellation Policy

A. Requesting an Account Cancellation

A cancellation will only be accepted if it is done by one of the following methods:

The customer must fax a cancellation request to (813) 514-0842. The request must include the following information:

Account Name
    Account Password
    Cancellation Reason
    Signature of Account Owner
    All account cancellations must be received in the above manner at least fifteen (15) days in advance of the date of renewal. Accounts cancelled with less than fifteen (15) days notice shall be cancelled at the end of the next term and shall be charged accordingly.

A. Refunds within the First 30 Days of Service

If an account is cancelled within the first thirty (30) days of service (excluding dedicated servers and colocation) the customer will receive a full refund of all account fees, including set-up fees provided:

The account is not a resold account;
    The account has not been suspended for violations of the Acceptable Usage Policy;
    No refunds of Dedicated Server monthly service charges or setup fees.

Refunds will be credited to the credit card on file or paypal account used to order service ,or a check will be mailed to clients paid by check or money order. Accounts due a refund will be refunded within (60) days of cancellation, no exceptions.
    Looking for feedback, and your DC. Thanks.
    GeekDub Hosting, Reseller, VPS and more! ●

Atlanta, GA
    non-refundable payments are basically standard regardless of provider.

Ontario, Canada
    Yea, I've never seen anything far off thoes requirements. - Gameing discussion, arcade, all around good fun

Most DC on dedicated are no refunds unless there are major issues (i.e. bad hardware from day 1), no setup fees are ever refunded and cancellation is normally 2-4 weeks. HiVeolcitys look pretty standard to me.

The underlying reason is that if you buy a dedicated server the host will normally not make money back on it for 3-4 months (if not more). Also setting up a dedicated takes time even to just rack it and setup the backend. Virtual services are a lot easier to setup and as such if cancelled the loss to the company isn't so bad
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

Amsterdam, NL
    I can see how it could seem harsh from a customers point of view. I assure you, over the years hosts have had very good reasons for having that kind of policy.
    John Strong - SolidHost COO
    SolidHost offers fully managed Linux and Windows VPS's in the Netherlands , with Plesk, cPanel, Directadmin and Helm.