Stephen Cohen released. And his Mexican lawyer shot the same day

I don't know, perhaps this issue fits into WH Lounge more, but what the heck...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/12...ohen_released/
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

This only gives some more encouragement to all those shady companies who are tasting our domains (or worse) to continue. Apparently crime does pay (even for the lawyers)
    Signature Under Construction.

the list of shady tasting companies is long most are the registrars themselves... cough cough directnic, enom..

Quote Originally Posted by stu2
    This only gives some more encouragement to all those shady companies who are tasting our domains (or worse) to continue. Apparently crime does pay (even for the lawyers)
    Tasting our domains that either: a) aren't registered to us, and b) expired and not
    yet renewed timely? Do any registrar's service agreement or ICANN's policies indicate
    we own domain names outside of renewing our online contracts and paying?

If Cohen's lawyer was indeed up to any bad stuff, then too bad for him. My sympathy
    goes to the boy who got waylaid.

We might or might not own the domains at the time they get snatched and tasted. It entirely depends on the circumstances. But in the domain business it seems like possession is 9/10ths of the law.

I'd say it was more than coincidence, the shooting, and I echo your sentiments.
    Signature Under Construction.

I don't know what you guys are talking about. But if someone from Yahoo! got shot then I am happy because they are killing a lot of small people like me.
    - Just a small ordinary customer looking for cheap and best things backed with great customer support and honest business practises.
    - Not affiliated with anyone.
    - Looking for honest answers and giving honest responses.

Quote Originally Posted by stu2
    We might or might not own the domains at the time they get snatched and tasted. It entirely depends on the circumstances. But in the domain business it seems like possession is 9/10ths of the law.

I'd say it was more than coincidence, the shooting, and I echo your sentiments.

he may of been involved in business outside of domain names?