I guess I'm not much of a boxer

Tonight we decided to have a wonderful boxing tournament after several beers. It was fun, no doubt, but I learnt today that either Europeans can kick us American's ***, or I'm not much a boxer.

We did three round tournaments, against any opponent of our choice. I took down my one friend no problem with a nasty hay maker. He hit the floor almost as soon as it landed. That part was fun. Next up I challenged the Romanian kid from Transylvania, who's a bit meatier than me but about same height. I thought I could take him no problem; boy was I wrong. The match started out pretty even with some weak jabs. I decided to go for the knockout, with a left upper cut to the chin, and tried to follow it up with a hay maker. The upper cut landed solidly but it didn't phase him and he ducked out of the a way of the right fist. He followed it up with a nasty punch of his own right to my left temple/eye area. And that was it for me. It's swollen up pretty sweet, and some decent bruising already. I'm hoping for a really sweet black eye, so I can look like a bad ***.

It was fun though. We'll probably do it again next week, where I'll request a re-match.

Enjoy getting owned the second time around ino!
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Get it on video and upload it for the world to see

Heh. Keep those arms up and keep moving. Just don't walk in to a punch.

I watched Audley Harrison against Danny Williams last night. Harrison won by technical knockout in the third round, with Williams going away with a broken nose.

I then watched Amir Khan againt France's Rachid Drilzane. Amir took his first title of his professional career in his first 10 round fight. He was made to work for it (for once), and took a standing count in the seventh, although the punch that knocked him to the floor didn't hurt him. It just knocked him off balance and he tripped over the rope.

It was a great fight. It went all the way to the last round, with Drilzane going out all guns blazing in the last resulting in a couple solid blows to Khan's head.

Like Paul said, if you do it next week make sure you get it on camera.
    - Jamie Harrop

First rule of Fight Club...

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Quote Originally Posted by AH-Tina
    First rule of Fight Club...

--Tina
    SSSSSSSSShhhhhhhhhh!

One more time and you're out for good!

Jacob - WebOnce Technologies - 30 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Over 5 Years Going Strong!
    Website Hosting, PHP4&5, RoR, MySQL 5.0, Reseller Hosting, Development, and Designs