How's this for a new PC?

Getting reviews from wherever I can. Anyone have this PC and can comment on it?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883107230

I'm most interested in knowing the following -

1- Can the inside wires be organised so they arn't such a jumble of a mess as shown in the picture?

2 - Does the Hard Drive really sit un supported on the floor of the unit like pictured? If not, where does it get mounted?

3 - Who makes the TV tuner and how does it compare to the ATI line of products?

4 - Graphics card would most likley get replaced. Hopefully when this machine is gotten in mid January, some better combination would be in place and for a cheaper price.

Thanks .
    Check out Twelveoclock.net. And please check out our forums for fun Animation/Technology talk

It's a bit pricey for what you're getting. Are you able to build your own pc? I am pretty sure you can build the same computer at a cheaper cost. But to answer your questions:

1- Can the inside wires be organised so they arn't such a jumble of a mess as shown in the picture?

Of course, zip ties do wonders to loose wires :]

2 - Does the Hard Drive really sit un supported on the floor of the unit like pictured? If not, where does it get mounted?

If the hard drive sits un supported I dont think it will last long. Most cases usually sit in a rack under the cd rom and or floppy drive mounts. Its most important to have your hard drive in a safe place so it doesn't get damaged :]

3 - Who makes the TV tuner and how does it compare to the ATI line of products?

I'm an ATI fan, hands down. I am gamer and Nvidia should be the way to go but for the last few years I have used ATI due to comptiablity with the games I play.

4 - Graphics card would most likley get replaced. Hopefully when this machine is gotten in mid January, some better combination would be in place and for a cheaper price.

It depends on what youre using it for. If its for gaming I would get an ATI x1600pro, or an X800XL. Although Nvidia is great, like I stated above its just my personal preference

It's kind of odd, I like ATI which is owned by AMD, but you wont ever see me with an AMD machine hehe :].

Oh well, hope this helps.

If you're planning to game with it, then build it yourself (with parts that are overclockable), and change the RAM to 800Mhz Corsair XMS2 sticks.

If you aren't, then you don't need something that good, change to an E6300, if you want 2GB ram, that's fine, a video card that good isn't needed either.

It's mostly going to be for future HD Video Editing, HD Video Viewing, HDTV viewing, adobe premeir work, Adobe Audition 1.5 work, and 3D work. I'm starting to look at bare bone cases to see what my other options are from all the reviews I've been getting on these pre built machines.
    Check out Twelveoclock.net. And please check out our forums for fun Animation/Technology talk

Since you're familiar with newegg already, try building a PC with the same specs and you'll see the price difference.

One of my machines is almost the same model.
    It's a very good machine.
    HP happens to be one of the very few pre-built machines that I like and recommend.

The hdd isn't unsuported there, there is a bracket there. Mine has brackets front and back for supporting 2 hdd's down low.

Granted, it is a bit pricey, but also consider that it is a media center PC.
    You can connect it and use it to drive an excellent entertainment center in your home. The remote control... I never used it, but it looks very functional.

Another thing that people don't know about XP MC edition... all the XP stuff is on the machine, even if it's not installed or configured.
    The one I bought was because I needed a developement machine real quick in one of my offices. I was prepaired to kill Media Center and just put in my own XP Pro so that I could setup IIS with PHP, ASP, Perl, Python, J2EE, and C#.
    I fired up the machine and checked if the services were installed... NOPE
    Decided to try Add/Remove windows components to see how if IIS was even available... IT WAS!!!! and it installed flawlessly.

WOW, I'm ranting LOL
    UMmmmmm, Yeah, it's a very good machine.
    -= Webmaster=-
    -=Programmer=-
    -=. Hired Gun .=-
    .o''o.o'

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131025
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115002
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820145527

and this for the case
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811133165

This is the PC that I'm thinking of building. But since I really don't see much of a price difference, the review on the HP Machine is starting to sway me a tad .

Also, does a PC tend to degrade a bit in a salt watery enviroment like near a beach? I swear that each time I take a new set of PC speakers down the shore (on my third set now), eventually I start to hear a 'swishing' type squealing noise on it, no matter what my volume is or what my speaker settings are, and it only seems to happen down there...

My house is literally on the beach. My backyard is 16 feet from the house to the bulkhead.
    I've never had any problems with the salt air, but I do have a dehumidifyer.
    -= Webmaster=-
    -=Programmer=-
    -=. Hired Gun .=-
    .o''o.o'

Nope, no dehumidifier in our room. Windows are generally open most of the summer, and closed during the winter..

Quote Originally Posted by Neil V
    HD editing...
    You won't be happy with the geforce 7600 result, get at least an ATI. Better yet, get a video-editing class graphic card.
    You also need a large (I recommend at least 2 GB) of RAM and a large of storage (500 GB would do for a start), you are going store large video files before burning them to DVD or other media this is where you need large storage.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil V
    eventually I start to hear a 'swishing' type squealing noise on it, and it only seems to happen down there...
    This could happen even far from beaches:
    Somewhere in your are something emits frequency interfearance.
    A poorly grounded electrical installations could create this also.
    Some large appliances should be isolated (supplied different circuits) from any other especially electronics otherwise they create "spikes" when they turn on/off their motors/compresors which then picked up by your electronic devices.

Cheers.