Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help with HostNine, Blurstorm, WingSix or FastNext HELP!!!

As per this my pervious thread - just down in this forum which I want to keep seperate from this one, I have gone through a ton of resellers today and have come up with four that I think would be what I am looking for...

Two of them have been around for a while and I have read good things about them here and two of them seem what I'm looking for but I can't find many reviews/comments on them. I guess my question is .. is anybody out there in wht land hosted with any of these these companies...

I will say I did manage to weed out alot of resellers based on comments here.... thanks for that.

I'm down to:

HostNine - good comments here.

Blurstorm - pretty good comments here.

WingSix - not much for comments here, seem pretty new...

FastNext - seem like what I want... but seem way too cheap

I looked through all the web hosting review sites like webhostingjury.com, but as a "maker" of websites.. its hard to believe those sites..

Does anyone have any comments regarding these companies ... even heresay can help point me in the right direction...

Thanks, - The Prospector

Well if you looked at these review sites and you have searched here on WHT for reviews, there is not much else you can do. Have you thrown the companies you listed any pre-sales questions to get an idea of response times? Perhaps that may do the trick. Also look at the money back guarantee, do these providers have them? All the companies you have listed here have reviews here on WHT, which are all pretty much down to the basics from the customer. Also check out http://www.whreviews.com this place lists honest hosts!
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Review sites should be only one of the many research tools in your decision. Beware of the affiliate type sites that rank by space/bandwidth/cost, usually the one that makes the webmaster most money is on top. That being said, a lot of people can vouch for the reliability of webhostingjury compared to other user submitted review sites. Neverthless, as HostFrog said above, contacting the company directly with a sales request, looking more closely at response times, community forums, number of servers (to get an idea how big and successful they are) can all aid in your decision. Searching on WHT gives reviews on some of those companies, so I'm sure you'll make a good choice in the end.

Good luck!
    •• polur.net | Premium web hosting solutions you can trust since 2004••
    High performance NVMe SSD, CloudLinux & LiteSpeed hosting with Canadian datacentres

I have no idea of how Blurstorm is it, however, is pretty hard to believe that they have almost 50 reviews on the same site, when they only have 2 servers and less than 500 customers. I'm not saying that they are bad or anything, just a curiosity of their reviews at webhostingjury
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito
    I have no idea of how Blurstorm is it, however, is pretty hard to believe that they have almost 50 reviews on the same site, when they only have 2 servers and less than 500 customers. I'm not saying that they are bad or anything, just a curiosity of their reviews at webhostingjury
    500 customers, and 50 reviews sounds reasonable to me. Where did you get the 500 figure, and 2 server information?

Quote Originally Posted by WN-Ali
    500 customers, and 50 reviews sounds reasonable to me. Where did you get the 500 figure, and 2 server information?

Going to their website shows only two servers... one of their ex-customers who switched did tell us it's true. Jedito was trying to say there is likely no more than 500, not that there is 500 or even close to it... I couldn't find much reviews apart from that website either. I can objectively say that about 8 months ago when we were still top on that site, their name was not known or even on the top 10, but relatively recently they did get bumped up.

Anyway, let the OP decide, I'm sure he knows how to research, the WHT search function says a lot. www.whreviews.com is also a useful website to check out made by a fellow WHT'er, ldcdc.
    Last edited by PolurNET; 12-10-2006 at 09:15 AM.
    High performance NVMe SSD, CloudLinux & LiteSpeed hosting with Canadian datacentres

WingSix is fairly new, but they are owned by ServerCentral (reviews on WHT) which is well known for their excellent service. I've had a reseller account with WingSix for 5 months and the uptime/customer service couldn't be better. (ServerCentral.net is in the Chicago Equenix datacenter.)
    FlaNative

This is the kind of info I am looking for.. Thanks!! I did bump into some very good reviews of HostMaven on here as well.. and I would like to add them to my list...

Quote Originally Posted by WN-Ali
    the 10% of the customer base reviewing the company on the same site sound reasonable to you? really? well.... not to me.

On their site does have the status for 2 servers, and if you use IPwalk you'll see that they don't have more than 500 domains hosted. Ipwalk information may not be very accurate, but taking the 2 servers information and that it gives you an idea of the customers base.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

I had looked at the fact that blurstorm only had 2 servers.. and yes 50 reviews seems a bit high... lol.. Ive been in this business for years and really didnt realize the amount of hosts available out there and how difficult it would be to choose one when I wanted to change... reliability is key for me and I want a host thats been in business for a while...wow.. its funny ya dont know what to believe sometimes...

Its like HostNine... nothing but great reviews... but am I supposed to trust my clients/busniess to a company thats only been around a few months...

Its a funny thing .. One of the many things I do is sell a certian type of merchandise online... its rather hard to finsd and swe do well with it. A few years ago, i looked into advertising this product on other websites, but came to the conclusion that it would be easier to start a search engine related specifically to that productd and be the only advertiser on the site... its worked out well for me and besides giving the user some content and links I get to promote my sales site a bit. This is one of the reasons that these review type sites are kind of suspicious to me...

If you don't mind that I ask you why did you ended with this 3 host lists?

I mean, they don't have the most "attractive" prices, nor are the most "popular" here

No problemo... I had come up with a list of 10... then I seached here for references to all ten, and made up a quick list of comments either good or bad... That quickly narrowed it down to the four. Because people dont get on here to say.. wow what a wonderfull host I have (and can you believe them when they do...) This a very good place (as I have seen in some posts) to complain about poor service reliablity... and when yiu see threee or four negative posts over a period of time then that helped me rule a few that I was looking at out.

To me this switch isnt about price... whether its $15 or $50 per month is not an issue... im looking for A decent amount of space, a decent amount of bandwith, Cpanel for each site, WHM and fantastico... and a track record of reliability.

All the 10 sites I found met those terms... I got it down to the four based on reviews here and corroberating reviews on other sites.

That being said I am still open for suggestions.. Im moving better than 100 small sites over so I want to be sure I dont have to do this ... and then do it again in a few month cause I picked a crappy host...

The reason Im stuck on cpanel and whm.. is I have another 100 sites on Hostgator and am very happy with the way the cpanel and whm work for me there.

Well, just to help you put things in perspective, sometimes, users who post negative experiences on WHT may have a complete different situation than the norm too. For instance, if you come across 1-3 'bad' reviews compared to several number of positive reviews, it is understandable to take the contradicting information with a grain of salt if there's questionable accusations or lack of information in the negative posts.

That being said, since you seem to have done your research and down to the final stages, I think now you should start contacting the individual companies directly and ask them about uptime stats, response times, control panel features and response times to get a hands-on experience on what to expect. Opinions here can vary, as since there are obviously more hosts than reviewers here, hence it's a good idea to make your own informed decision instead of basing it on someone else's personal experience, as their needs can significantly vary

Best of luck in your search!
    Last edited by PolurNET; 12-10-2006 at 02:45 PM.

LOL.. ya its kinda like (no offense...) swimming in the shark tank.... and none of them biting you... everyone is so helpful.. but also looking for some business which is quite understandable...

LOL, that's true, most of the hosts here are looking for business. You wont see the same number of poster trying to help on the "Technical & Security Issues" forum.

cancelled. Sorry.. person I quoted deleted his post.
    Last edited by VPSHelp; 12-11-2006 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito

Well I find it only relevant to clear a bit of air here on a few things. First, if there are any questions about my company please ask away: XLR8@blurstorm.com

Also, just because we have 2 servers listed in a dropdown and in the stats doesn't mean that's the only servers we have. We've been around for almost 6 years and lately, due to the rapid growth over the past 3 months we have spent more time making sure our customers (more than 500 btw) are happy and secure. I can only speak for Blurstorm and we do indeed go to great lengths to maintain customer satisfaction. I personally make an extra effort to build rapport with each customer and even call them on occasion to make sure everything is running smoothly in the beginning. There are even people here that can attest to that. We have also been fortunate to have a stellar support team who are comprised of some of the industries top techs IMOP, each whom have owned their own hosting company at one time or another.

As far as WHJ goes it is a make or break system. We have about 50 reviews on there and it grows from time to time. Most of them are from shared hosting accounts. It wasn't until just recently that we even knew about our existence on WHJ and it is only natural for us to maintain an ongoing level of respect for the core of the company, the customers themselves. This, among other things, contributes greatly to how you make it on WHJ.

I hope this clears things up.
    XLR8
    www.blurstorm.com
    update: 12-5-2007
    www.ZowneD.com - The Ultimate Gaming Community

I have been using Hostnine for a little while now and have been more than happy with the sales and support and now that I am with them I can not express how happy I am to have a company that you can actually contact via chat, helpdesk, and phone and get real helpful support.
    Do your research, but I would consider hostnine. ;-)

Good luck with your search.

Thumbs up

i'd give the nod to blurstorm.

i have an ongoing review of their services that can be found here:
    http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread...ight=blurstorm

some of the issues (page load-time, file xfer speed mainly) i was having at the beginning, as it was explained to me, were due to the server i was on at the time having a failing hard drive. as noted later, everything has been blazing fast, extremely reliable and their support is secong to none.

I would say to go with HostNine. They are an amazing company that really understand and grasp the concept of customer service.

My experience - let me just say I left a big name provider to go over to HostNine and haven't thought twice about it. In fact - these guys top the other company in all aspects.

They are worth the looksy into.

Hi, let me give you the history of blurstorm. Now, Eli who is the owner is a personal friend of mine. We also use to work togther and at one time we partners there for a while. Blurstorm has premium servers and he works very hard to keep his machines running good. Blurstorm is also about 4 years old. I have pretty much been there helping Eli from the time he started. I still log into his servers now and then to check and make sure things are ok. I beleive Eli has 3 or 4 servers not just 2.
    Carolina Hosting Services
    http://www.carolinahosting.net | @CarolinaHosting | Facebook.com/CarolinaHosting
    VMware | cPanel | Linux | Softaculous | 16 Years Hosting Experience

Is it just Eli and yourself running Blurstorm?

Quote Originally Posted by jerett
    I would say to go with HostNine. They are an amazing company that really understand and grasp the concept of customer service.

My experience - let me just say I left a big name provider to go over to HostNine and haven't thought twice about it. In fact - these guys top the other company in all aspects.

They are worth the looksy into.
    Which big name provider did you leave for HostNine?

The business is ran by Eli. I do not know who else he has helping.

Note: I am not part of the business, just I know the service and his servers.
    Carolina Hosting Services
    http://www.carolinahosting.net | @CarolinaHosting | Facebook.com/CarolinaHosting
    VMware | cPanel | Linux | Softaculous | 16 Years Hosting Experience

I left ResellerZoom.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast