Need hosting suggestions

Hi everyone, let me start out by saying great forum you have here and I am glad I have stumbled on to it, through google.

As it happens I am looking for a few suggestions to find a suitable host, I am building an interactive website which will cater to about 100 to 200 people on a daily basis out of those maybe 20 to 30 will use it on a daily basis the rest maybe 1 or 2 times per week.

I do require the following:
    Approximately, 3 gig space and 25 gig bandwidth, with the option to increase this at a later date, I would hazard to guess that this is probably more then what I need but I prefer to over supply then under at this stage.

I also need;
    5 mysql data bases
    At least 5 FTP accounts
    cpanel would be an advantage but not a requiremement
    and here's the kicker, the ability to pay by paypal.

Of course I also need a host that isnt a fly by nighter and will still be around 5 years from now. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Adam

Hi Adam, welcome to WHT!

Your requirements are great and you should be able to find a host with no problem. Do you have a budget so I can give you some suggestions?
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

You should check out Implux Internet Services they offer everything you're looking for and more.

www.implux.com

I recently wrote a review reguarding my experiences:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...ghlight=implux

So far so good, I couldn't ask for more.

Edit: vbcode issues sorry .
    Last edited by bawbles; 12-09-2006 at 11:52 PM.

Doh! It's www.implux.net haha sorry lack of sleep =(

Hello Adam,

As Dan said, stating your approximate budget can help narrow some suggestions. Is this the first time you're hosting, or transferring from elsewhere? Did you take a look at the WHT Ads & Offers section for some choices?

Good luck!
    PolurNET Communications
    █ Avoid the Freeze, Enjoy the Breeze! █ A federally incorporated Canadian company at your service since 2004
    Proudly #1 on WebHostingJury and #1 on NamePros.com, the largest domain forum on the web!
    US/UK VPS+ @ ExcellentHost Enterprises || MSSQL 2008/IIS7 @ HostOptima.com || PremiumHost.com soon!

Welcome to WHT. Do a search here and you will find review on many hosting.
    Good luck!

Hello Adam

Welcome to WHT, you'll find only a few companies with at least 5 years on the business, however, there are some

Do you have any preference on the control panel, OS?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Welcome to WHT, you'll find only a few companies with at least 5 years on the business, however, there are some
    There are plenty of web hosting companies who have been in business 5 years or more, however the % of reliable service provider might be lower then the overall number of companies.

I would recommend that you do a search on www.hostsearch.com or www.findmyhosting.com

There are plenty of web hosting companies who have been in business 5 years or more
    Here? I would probably say not much more than a dozen.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Here? I would probably say not much more than a dozen.
    There are definitely more than a dozen, just that not most of them don't get much limelight time.

Thanks everyone for the answers. A couple of things to add, my budget is somewhat unlimited that is not to say I am going to waste money and over pay but for reliability and customer service I am prepared to pay more then usual.

I am more concerned that the company I go with will be still here in 5 years time, rather then already been in existince for 5 years.

I do have another site already hosted and am almost embarresed to say where, but at the time it suited my needs and I didnt know any better. errm godaddy ok lets move on quickly

Thanks again
    Adam

I am more concerned that the company I go with will be still here in 5 years time, rather then already been in existince for 5 years.
    This is pretty much impossible to know, however, its true, that you have more chances with a well established company with some years on the market.

I suggest to do a shortlist with the hosts that may fit your needs and then research about them here and/or in google.
    You can ask questions about X host here too.

a

if you are willing to pay a little more for reliability, look at pair.com
    i just switchen to them and i'm very happy. even though its just been like two weeks, i have a feeling that this will work rock solid for a long period of time

they'v been in business since 1996 by the way.

Hm, personally I would choose TextDrive because I really love them and I've not had any troubles with them since about a year now.

<<No experience, so no need to post>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 12-11-2006 at 08:02 AM.