Post read only system?

Hi, am running a server with CentOS 4.x with kernel 2.6.9-42.0.3.ELsmp and just this morning the server decided by itself to be a "read only system" anyone know why or how to fix it?

when login via ftp into any account of the server i cannot modify anything.

Also when login as root it shows: /tmp/RseJqPpA: Read-only file system

I also cannot reboot via whm am thinking asking the datacenter to do it for me.

Thanx for any help.

Los Angeles, CA
    If the kernel mounted your file system read only, there most likely is a reason for it, such as dying drive, corrupted file system, etc. Check the end of dmeg.

You can remount it r/w by "mount -o remount,rw /dev/XXX" (XXX = parition, check mount for correct partition).
    Pings <1 ms, Unlimited Transfer, Lowest Price: http://localhost/

United States
    A reboot and run fsck should solve this problem. You can ask your DC to do it.
    Tommy Tran - tommy @ ::: VINAX, LLC ::: ::: Since 2004
    Premium Dedicated Servers and Colocation in downtown Chicago (350 E. Cermak Rd)
    Premium Bandwidth, 100% Network & Power Uptime SLA, 24/7 Prompt Tech Support

California USA
    Normally this will happen if the journal aborted on a 2.6 kernel. It could mean your drive is failing. You need a fsck ran from console.
    Steven Ciaburri | Proactive Linux Server Management -
    Managed Servers (AS62710), Server Management, and Security Auditing.

Thanks, actually my DC did solve the problem when i asked for a reboot.

About de dying hard drive am wondering, i wouldn't like that to happen of course so am asking my dc to check into with fsck from the console.

Thanks a lot!

for the record, DC responded:
    "i ran a file system check on the server and it passed. However i did notice some I/O errors on the server when i consoled into it."

they are doing a drive cloning right now to send my data to a new hard drive.

am very worried since i have a 2 Hard drive server with accounts on each one, i dont even know which one they are changing jejeje

thanks for everything.

It sounds like your data will be safe but I would probably suggest thinking about getting some offiste backup if you haven't already
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

Top Secret
    I did notice some I/O errors on the server when i consoled into it.
    Hence the reason the drive was mounted in RO.
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Linux Problems? WHMCS Issues? +1-866-546-8914 (linux-14) or @whmcsguru on twitter!