Hiring for a couple of simple features

Hello, I'm quite new to this forum, and was advised to come here by a knowledgable web designer from my local area.

I've recently started my own site called "Lenshaw" and it's basically somewhere i can promote my video and photography to people in my local area and accross the world wide web. Now, On the design side of things ( artistically ) I'm pretty much sorted, but I could do with some help on adding two features i've longed for on a few previous sites, but just never got round to doing so.

Basically, Here they are:

1. Member access - I want people to be able to become members to my site not necessarily for valid reasons like viewing my stuff, but more so that it just builds as a community, and i know how my site is doing in a means of popularity ( I know i can just use a web analyser, but i prefer this way for a number of reasons ). I wouldn't mind a content blocker for non members, but it's not vital in any shape or form at the moment.

2. Member online counter - I'd like every page of my site to display the number of members online at the time a person loads the page they are viewing. Like a text or graphic counter that basically says "13 members online" or something. It's just a feature I've always liked the thought of despite not knowing how easy it actually is to accomplish

Anyway, I hope there's someone out there willing to help! I'll be extremely greatful

Take care!

~ $t3v0

There are scripts that already do that for free.

a simple .htaccess file in your members area will block people...

google is your best friend... unless you don't have time to spare. I'd recommend googling "freelance php" otherwise. For a safe transaction...

Let me say firstly, thank you!

I'll give the script a try on my own and see how things go first. I need to become more knowledgable with installing new features on sites for future template sales. Like i said, i've got the design down fine, it's just the coding i dreadfully lack

I'll let you know how it goes and possibly ask for help in certain areas.

I'm more than likely going to be asking for your paypal account details PM me with an estimate so i can consider.

~ $t3v0

any opensource cms would be able to do that and to be honest that is all a developer will do.

using something like drupal or joomla it can easily be accomplished to show members stats on every page, whos online, registration systems, ability to block content from guests and even at a later date add a ecommerce or something.

PM me if it doesn't work out since you disabled private messaging.

If you're not too thrilled about coding, it might take a few weeks to get used to. There's a lot of mumbo jumbo to learn for a simple task.

Don't tell me you update your site 4 times a month with an html editor and use a program to build your photo album? It's okay if you use youtube as long you can integrate it directly.

I had no idea that PM's were set to disabled by default because i haven't disabled them directly.

I do pretty much what you said, yes. But like i said, it's only the design side of things i'm fully aware of. Integrating youtube is just an easier way to stream for me. And the program also. It's my first attempt at doing something like this, so it's all trial and error like most things i learn on a computer.

I think the process of telling me how i could improve the way i distribute my stuff would be a lengthy one, but if you want to bullet point, I'd be happy to hear. I'm just so illiterate with stuff like this. The site itself is only really to get the pics of events me and my friends go to online for them to download. That and a place i can just put all my crap once i make a video or take some random shots. If my intent was to wow the viewer and convince them to hire me for something, The site probably wouldn't be of my own coding

~ $t3v0

I just sent a message to your first email.

Moved to Employment
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design