New to this forum - HI!!

Hi all:

I'm going to be asking some advice from some of you in a few miniutes, I think, but I would first like to introduce myself (I run a very large messageboard and introductions are always appreciated before asking for help so I thought i would do so here.)

Currently I webmaster for approx 250 domains either for clients (80%) or myself (20%). I have everything hosted with 4 different hosts depending on the needs of the client. Most sites get less than 100 views per day and require less than 20megs of space, they are simple html. I have been webmastering sites since 1997 and have gone from dinking around to providing a good living that both myself and my wife work full time at now.

Last January my largest host (100+) sites decided it was time for a server migration and screwed up everything majorly. I lost clients in the disruption and it took me a month to move and get everyone up and running again.. I am very lucky to have some loyal clients, ill tell ya that. Some of my clients have been with me for over 8 years...

I wound up doing a quick search for a reseller, and with some quick research I decided on hostgator. I must say, that I have been with them for a year now and am VERY pleased with thier service and what they offer suits me perfectly. I also host few of the larger (Space/bandwidth) sites with Powweb and have been happy, (not freaking out happy) but happy with their service as well .. although thier recent migration caused me plenty of issues as well, but I didnt have 100 sites with them so it wasnt a really big deal.

Now the same issue is upon me, I have a local business/host with well over 100 of my accounts that has informed me they are closing up amd Ineed to move my stuff..

I have been going through the discusions here all day and have gleaned some very useful information.. As the owner of a very hi-traffic messageboard on another topic (fishing) I am very happy to be able to get some info, rather than constantly supplying it!! So thanks to all who run this board and those who have posted thier experiences LOL

I am looking for a host as close to hostgator as I can get, ie Cpanel and WHM fantastico etc... $$$ really isnt an issue, a difference between 25 and 75 dollars a month is quite frankly irellevant when im getting paid to host 100 sites... but reliability is. I have been going through all the recent experience threads and when I get them narrowed down I would like to be able to post the ones I have picked out for some references from some users.. is that acceptable here???

The only reason that I don't put everything I have with hostgator is the fear of something happening with that host (i.e server problems or other business problems) that would put my entire business at stake, my philosopy is not to put all my eggs in one basket, and unfortunately I'm looking for a new basket for some of my eggs... lol

Any way have a great Saturday nite!!

Hi!
    Welcome to WHT!

How much space and bandwidth do you need for this sites? how many sites are going to spread on this account?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Hello, welcome to WHT! You've definitely picked the right forum to post in. There are several host that can accommodate you in this matter.

Post the baskets you've picked out and we'll give you our recommendations
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

Roughly 120 accounts... I need a max of 25 gig of space and say... 250 gig of bandwidth MAX. Ill likey only use up 1/2 the space/bandwidth for a long time.

Well its smart to shop around and also have more than one host. Ones you are interested in you can post here for feedback and also use the search tool above...it will bring up any feedback if there is any on said host.
    I'd highly recommend sending those pre-sales emails to potential hosts though.
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

For that requeriments I suggest you to look for a dedicated server.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito
    For that requeriments I suggest you to look for a dedicated server.
    I don't think he's in that stage yet as he clearly stated he's going to be using half of what he actually needed. Upgrading later when you really need it wouldn't be such a bad idea.
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

Quote Originally Posted by sTag-Dan
    I don't think he's in that stage yet as he clearly stated he's going to be using half of what he actually needed. Upgrading later when you really need it wouldn't be such a bad idea.
    Yep, you're right, I read his post too fast.

Welcome aboard! I'm not going to recommend anything to you, though - I'll leave that to someone who's unbiased. Good luck!
    Last edited by writespeak; 12-09-2006 at 07:12 PM.

Thanks guys... Im gonna start a seperate thread that hopefully will draw some users of the hosts ive been looking at...