View Poll Results: Which next gen console is the best ?? & Beats them all!

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sony Playstation 3!!!

18 23.38%
  • Nitendo Wii!!

33 42.86%
  • Microsoft Xbox 360!

26 33.77%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

* Sony Plastation 3 vs Nitendo Wii vs Xbox 360

Hey, Well as all 3 consoles are out its great too talk about them.

I don't know about other people on this Forum but what do you personally say,
    what do you think will happen do you think Sony Plastation 3 is the best and beats all next generation consoles? Do you think Wii is the greatest or Xbox 360 which in the UK seems to have a lot less sales then it used to. Sales of Xbox dropped a lot in the UK hehe. Everybody wants a Wii now lol

What do you say about the 3 consoles? I personally think that Sony Plastation 3 is the best and beats them all the graphics are really good next gen. I just can't wait till it comes out in the UK so that I can get it. Sony sold over 100million PS2 consoles worldwide. As soon as PS3 comes out in europe it will beat all consoles and lead its way to the TOP as usuall

What do you think tell us & answer the Poll
    Last edited by _Matt_; 12-09-2006 at 04:17 PM.

Have you seen all the comparisons of PS3 games to 360 games? So far the 360 has beaten it on graphics almost completely. Of course give it a year and things will of changed. But as it is you cannot say the PS3 has better graphics.
    Steve

The PS3 does have better graphics in comparision. Not by a lot but by a bit yes, and many people will go for PS3 as its Sony. Xbox 360's controller is a pain while PS3's is nice and easy to use.

Quote Originally Posted by rosmatis
    The PS3 does have better graphics in comparision. Not by a lot but by a bit yes, and many people will go for PS3 as its Sony. Xbox 360's controller is a pain while PS3's is nice and easy to use.
    Graphics Comparison - http://uk.gamespot.com/features/6162...&click=topslot

As for the controls it's all down to opinion. Personally I hate the PS2/3 controllers and find the positioning of the left stick to be very uncomfortable. The Xbox 360 controller is bigger which suits me and just fits my hands much more.

P.S. I own a Xbox 360 and PS2 (and a Gamecube) before you start thinking I'm some crazy MS fan boy
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex-Steve
    Graphics Comparison - http://uk.gamespot.com/features/6162...&click=topslot

As for the controls it's all down to opinion. Personally I hate the PS2/3 controllers and find the positioning of the left stick to be very uncomfortable. The Xbox 360 controller is bigger which suits me and just fits my hands much more.

P.S. I own a Xbox 360 and PS2 (and a Gamecube) before you start thinking I'm some crazy MS fan boy
    basing the facts about graphics acording to them comparision screen shots I would say the xbox 360 is currently better....

my reason for this is because on the ps3 graphics they look way more blury than the 360 ones. ok the ps3 use more light but the blurryness would really pi*** me off as its hard to read some of that text. - MO i find it hard to read anyway.

EDIT: also the PS3 aint out in the UK yet.

Well that comparision is Good but thats just picture comparision, If you compare the actuall hardware then PS3's is a bit better making the Graphics Better and it always looks different in reall life then just 2 pictures on the internet.

Well that comparision is Good but thats just picture comparision, If you compare the actuall hardware then PS3's is a bit better making the Graphics Better and it always looks different in reall life then just 2 pictures on the internet.
    in most cases i would say its whats inside that counts....

however when it comes to consoles its not about whats inside its about performance. and performance is what every gamer wants/needs to like the consolse. yes the ps3 might say its got x amount of cores but based on them screen shots...well you can tell which console is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Flumps
    in most cases i would say its whats inside that counts....

however when it comes to consoles its not about whats inside its about performance. and performance is what every gamer wants/needs to like the consolse. yes the ps3 might say its got x amount of cores but based on them screen shots...well you can tell which console is better.
    Well just to let you know these are only screenshots. Compare PS3 and Xbox 360 in really life and you will see the difference oh and don't compare them on a normall TV. Compare them on a HD TV so that you can see what it looks like.
    And the text aint blury it looks better on PS3, these are just pictures. PS3 is a lot better plus the style is really cool, PS3 wins when it comes to Really Life viewing.

Well so far 2 for PS3 and 2 for Xbox 360, saddly none for Wii
    Wii is targeted at small children with them games, to get the children asking their parents to get a Wii because of the games. Thats how it gets money.

I've had to choose Wii, I have a 360 but I'm a Nintendo fan at heart

"It's not the console, it's the games"

I'm a Wii fan. Simply because Nintendo stepped away from the mold of essentially repackaging their console and reselling it with some nifty new hardware. They took a step out of the box and took a risk with a new controller concept, and have embraced the more family-esque style that their consoles are known for.

Don't get me wrong, the 360 and PS3 are great. But given the option, I'd take a Wii. Why? I believe it's the best console in situations where I would like all friends to play, or to have my entire family to play. It encourages bonding.

Though Gears of War is pretty sweet.

I'd get a PS3 if I had the money.

The playstation 3 knew too many problem with his fist release . too many bugs if the first version of console . + it is very expensive .i dont know how it can keep the success of the paystation series .
    for the Wii it go without any problem ...

I've played all 3 consoles. The Nintendo Wii is a lot of fun, but I couldn't see myself buying it because I will probably get sick of having to play "with" the game rather than just playing the game. The XBOX 360 has some really nice games, as does the PS3. The graphics seem really similar, but I would rather have the PS3 because of the other features it offers, and I'm just used to the playstation controllers more.

Keep in mind that you are comparing a Second Generation Xbox to a Third Generation Playstation. Given that, I dont see any real improvments over the Xbox360 with the PS3. You can goto BestBuy or CircuitCity and play both on HD. Even at that, Xbox still seems clearer. Let's wait and compare Apples to Apples when a 3rd release of Xbox comes out. If the 2nd generation of Xbox compares this well with the third generation PS, then I cant wait to see what the third generation Xbox has in store for us.

Quote Originally Posted by canavaro
    The playstation 3 knew too many problem with his fist release . too many bugs if the first version of console . + it is very expensive .i dont know how it can keep the success of the paystation series .
    for the Wii it go without any problem ...
    LOL what are you talking about PS3 did not have any probelms or bugs, It was soposed to come out early but they decided to delay it to make sure it is all ready and has everything that is needed as the knew the real PS3 fans will buy it even if it comes out later unlike the Xbox 360 which nearly got sued by a man who said they hurried their release so that they will best PS3 in the market and because of that their consoles were faulty & hard serious problems rofl.

Wii lol it had no bugs because Wii is like a PS2 plus even if it did they first checked it and when they made sure it wont they then released when it will come out.

Im a fan of PS3 like many others here, so fans of PS3 vote for PS3 and be proud.
    GTA IV will only be out on PS3 and Xbox 360, later on PC but never on Wii.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardon
    "It's not the console, it's the games"
    Well here you are wrong as if the console is crap then the games are crap.
    Just like a PC if the PC has bad hardware it can't play the good games

www.nexgenwars.com - Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa
    www.nexgenwars.com - Interesting...
    Well thats interesting Wii Sold - 1,271,595 consoles in less then half a month.
    That is just fake look at the site its random and hardly anyone heard about it.
    I could just go buy a domain right now and do something like that too.
    It's not officiall and Wii was just released so it could no have over a million consoles sold

Wii was just released so it could no have over a million consoles sold
    Actually Nintendo shipped something like 400,000 each to the USA and Japan (and has since sold 600,000+ total in the USA), and another few hundred thousand to Europe. Selling out on the first day pretty much everywhere. So over 1 million is very believable at this stage.

The PS3 is having major supply problems, and with only 197,000 shipped to the USA for launch, and not even a confirmed European launch date they are quite a long way behind.
    Steve

Actually Nintendo shipped something like 400,000 each to the USA and Japan (and has since sold 600,000+ total in the USA), and another few hundred thousand to Europe. Selling out on the first day pretty much everywhere. So over 1 million is very believable at this stage.

The PS3 is having major supply problems, and with only 197,000 shipped to the USA for launch, and not even a confirmed European launch date they are quite a long way behind.
    Actually yes, it's possible I was wrong. Well Wii even beat PS3 on ebay.
    The thing about Wii is that it is very easy to supply them consoles as the materials which combine together to make a Wii are a lot easier to get the the ones for a PS3.

If the PS3 didn't have major problems with supplies I say that it would beat nintendo wii by the end of this year. Still as time goes by and PS3 comes out in europe it will grow on its sales and after time It will beat all consoles. Only time will tell as its supplies are low. But im pretty sure if PS3 was as cheap as Wii and it was released worldwide before christmas it would have over 2million sales in the first few weeks.

edit:

::Wii News::

Nintendo, Wii have a problem, as console launches

Add your view

http://img.dailymail.co.uk//i/pix/20...ii_228x529.jpg
    The London launch of the Nintendo Wii games console was today marred by claims that the revolutionary remote controller is flying out of users' hands and smashing TV screens.
    The hand-held motion-sensing control allows players to physically mimic actions such as swinging a golf club or using a tennis racket instead of just tapping buttons.
    But Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has admitted there could be a problem with wrist straps on the controllers which could break during strenuous play - causing remotes to fly out of hands and straight into the television screens.
    Nintendo blamed for a Wii bit of elbow trouble
    Mr Iwata said: "Some people are getting a lot more excited than we'd expected. We need to better communicate to people how to deal with Wii as a new form of entertainment."
    The gaming giant, which expects to sell four million of the £180 units worldwide by the end of the year, is not going to order a product recall, but is "looking at ways to make players calm down".
    Nintendo's American division has emailed popular gaming websites to reiterate safety guidelines. They are asking customers to avoid using the controllers with sweaty palms as that makes them less responsive, resulting in them being swung harder.
    More than 200 fans waited patiently outside HMV on Oxford Street which opened its doors just after midnight for a celebrity launch party.
    Student Marwan El Gamal, 17, from Wembley, who queued for 55 hours to be first in line to buy a Wii said it had all been worth it after playing on the console with launch host Ian Wright. The ex-footballer and TV presenter was joined by the likes of tennis star Pat Cash, boxer Ricky Hatton and model Nell McAndrew.
    Marwan said: "It's been a tough couple of days. Last night was very cold and wet, but it's just amazing to finally get one. I feel a bit dazed and exhausted, but I'm going home to play on it until I pass out."
    Last edited by _Matt_; 12-09-2006 at 06:51 PM.

Well thats interesting Wii Sold - 1,271,595 consoles in less then half a month.
    That is just fake look at the site its random and hardly anyone heard about it.
    I could just go buy a domain right now and do something like that too.
    It's not officiall and Wii was just released so it could no have over a million consoles sold
    I have no idea who their 'source' is meant to be, it just looked intriguing

i vote for Wii since video games are supposed to be about video games being fun... not multimedia centers. Also Graphics are important (and Wii games are at least as good as GameCube with more potential for better gfx), but at the end of the day its about if the gameplay was fun or not. .

plus... i think it would be more fun to jump around with your girlfriend with her having fun rather than sitting on the couch smashing buttons with her sitting confused and frustrated...
    Last edited by WebDivx; 12-09-2006 at 07:17 PM.

It's already been proven:

Graphics and performance: Microsoft Xbox 360

ha, thats where Wii wins it sales, as Wii turns gaming into a different thing.
    Gaming is soposed to be about strategy and beating other people not playing it with your girlfriend. The only reason for Wii winning its sales is not that it aims its consoles at children it aims it at young couples which would buy it to have fun together it changes gaming into something completely different were as the real Gaming is about strategy. so PS3 and Xbox 360 are top consoles.

To be honest I've actually seen very few kids going after the Wii. And everyone I speak to who wants one is in their mid 20's up to 40s!
    Steve

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast