What happened to the pricing on the .com,net,org??

I always find this one interesting.

.info domains are sold with a minimum 2-year requirement from the registry. You should ask Stargate who owns the domain in year 1 + 1day if you only register it for one year through them, since they are forced to register it for 2 years from the registry.

-t
    myOstrich Internet - OpenSRS Domain Names & Digital Certificates
    http://www.myostrich.net

Tim, they sell .info domains in 2 year periods. I'm not sure what you find so interesting. Everyone does this due to the registry requirement...
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken

I bought my .info through stargate.com. The form was very clear that the domain was being registered for 2 years. My whois also shows the domain was registered for 2 years.

Originally posted by Chicken
    Tim, they sell .info domains in 2 year periods. I'm not sure what you find so interesting. Everyone does this due to the registry requirement...
    Sorry, it must be someone else who actually offers them for one year. Everyone does not offer them for 2 years, and this offer sounded like the last one that offered a one year special and then jacked you for the second year. Let me see if I can find the reference to who was playing that game and clear this up.

-t
    myOstrich Internet - OpenSRS Domain Names & Digital Certificates
    http://www.myostrich.net

Ahhh... yeah that would be a bit odd...
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken