Lightbulb Please Review: www.ThePHPforum.net

Please Review: www.ThePHPforum.net

what do you think of the design layout and functionality?

what about the categories, topics and forums?

what should I do to improve this?

What can I do to get more...

traffic

members

quality members

how can I get some of the empty categories more populated?

how should I expand it?

Please let me know,
    Thanks.

Ok first off all well done the site is very nice nice colors very easy to look at, as a matter of personal preference while in the first instance the flash headers are good and impressive after that they get a little distracting. To be really honest I think the fact you got a flash header has distracted from the logo or identity of your site which can help immensely in helping your site become popular. So maybe work on the logo a little.
    Also the navigation seems a little plain in comparision to the head etc maybe bold or underline would make it more obvious.
    The index seems to be percentage width when you click on content it changes to full screen or just under which is distracting, I think you should use full screen for this site.
    Thats about it I think. Oh and maybe a little padding on the content tables on the forums description would look a little nicer..

Good luck
    Filefeed.net - Image Hosting -

nice domain at first, easy to remember... i took a look at your site for a while and have some comments. The Adsenses don't look good with the site... the top ads is so close with the main forum menu and i don't like you divide the whole menu into 2 rows make the background image repeat incomplete... the body forum is clean and clear, i like it...
    visit my site [ Vietnam web design company ]

The animated header is very distracting and should be done away with, although it's acceptable on the main index page, but only that one page. The google ads push all the content farther down the page, which hurts it. And the site is fixed-width, which is unusual in a message-board forum and annoying to people who like more screen real estate. Oh, and the description text for each message board is way too lengthy in some cases. It's better to just link to a FAQ or a forum rules page for each forum. Many boards just keep a sticky thread for each forum, outlining that forum's rules or intent. Oh, lastly, the little buttons on each post (profile, PM, e-mail, etc.) are too small. But I like the mouse-over effects on them.

Otherwise, the site was very fast and responsive to me.

Oh, one last suggestion -- when viewing the list of threads in a forum, when a box is moused over (so the background color changes), the link should turn red and underlined just as if it were moused over. You can do this simply by changing its classname.

Quote Originally Posted by devhostweb
    Please Review: www.ThePHPforum.net

what do you think of the design layout and functionality?

what about the categories, topics and forums?

what should I do to improve this?

What can I do to get more...

traffic

members

quality members

how can I get some of the empty categories more populated?

how should I expand it?

Please let me know,
    Thanks.
    The layout is nice and clean and fast loading which is good

The banner hmm the flash is very nice althought I really hate the text The PHP forum the pixel font doesnt fit. I would remove that.

The domains is very nice!

The ads dont fit. And they seem to be everywhere. You should wait until your forum has much more traffic. And dont have so many

Goodluck with your site
    Fast Hosting, Fast Support
    koahost.com

It might have been suggested but I would make that flash animation slimmer and faster. Otherwise it looks like you have a simple forum to get growing good luck

To Much Info On The Site For Me

Congratulatins on your website.

First, the domain is decent, straightforward.

The logo could be improved a bit, (although the flash header is very impressive) I think the red colour for THE and FORUM could be changed to fit other colors better.

The following is discretion. But your navigation on top could be in graphic format instead of text only with some menu effects and taking full width of the table. It's still cool as text to reduce loading size. Up to you.

Ads have perfect place, not too much for the eye but something positional. I like everything else on the layout, except that I do not prefer the red in this layout.