Shared hosting at Rackspace?

Is there any company that sells shared hosting on servers managed by Rackspace?

Welcome to WHT. Why do you need rackspace shared hosting? What are your specific requirements? If you could provide us with a little more information maybe we could help out.
    Dimension Servers / Toll-Free: 1-888-750-6942
    RapidSSL Cert Included with ALL Reseller & Ultra Accounts
    24x7x365 Unbeatable Technical Support!
    Shared CPanel Hosting // Reseller WHM Hosting Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by ServePipe
    Is there any company that sells shared hosting on servers managed by Rackspace?
    Apparently the guys at Mosso are backed by Rackspace. You can read more about them on their FAQ: http://www.mosso.com/story.jsp

and I'd recommend doing some background checks on the, just because I've never heard of them before.
    A Collection of Web Hosts
    Small biographies on hosts, uptime reports and some reviews
    Feel free to add your review or add a host that isn't on the list.

Mosso.com sounds good but I would check them out as I haven't heard of them either. They do give you 80 gb of space that's alot of space for a shared hosting account.

Justin

That is overselling in the finest degree. If you ever planned on consuming the 80gb that they offer they would cancel your account for sure.
    Dimension Servers / Toll-Free: 1-888-750-6942
    RapidSSL Cert Included with ALL Reseller & Ultra Accounts
    24x7x365 Unbeatable Technical Support!
    Shared CPanel Hosting // Reseller WHM Hosting Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by jmcallister
    That is overselling in the finest degree. If you ever planned on consuming the 80gb that they offer they would cancel your account for sure.
    It's also $100/month. Perhaps you should do some research before making ignorant comments.

I'm surprised there's people in the industry (WHTers) who haven't heard of Mosso.

Quote Originally Posted by PE-Steve
    It's also $100/month. Perhaps you should do some research before making ignorant comments.

Thank You Steve i was just about to say that. You are paying $100, 80gb is fair. There are alot of hosts giving you 500gb for $8. That is overselling there asses off. Mosso is doing pretty good in the cost per gb ratio.

An 80GB SATA drive can cost a datacenter around $20 these days. Definitely not overselling.

I think the OP is just trying to find a shared host that utilizes Rackspace servers.
    Im sure he doesnt need Mosso...abit over-kill I would think.

I know there are some hosts who are members here that have servers at Rackspace but I do not know their names. :-(
    You might try a quick search on google.com for Rackspace shared hosting and see what results. Then (of course) research any host you decide to follow up on.
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

Any other company? Rackspace is one of the best companies for uptime.

Any other company? Rackspace is one of the best companies for uptime.
    For network uptime I can't really talk, but their support is overestimated, so does their "managed" services.
    I have first hand experience with one of his server, I was some kind helping to a friend with a server with them, I remember that the "managed" server was down the whole week-end until they finally realized of that.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by schmeg007
    Apparently the guys at Mosso are backed by Rackspace. You can read more about them on their FAQ: http://www.mosso.com/story.jsp

and I'd recommend doing some background checks on the, just because I've never heard of them before.
    You've never heard of Mosso?
    hi there!

If you are looking for a rackspace based shared host you can check out www.segpub.com

I would personally say getting hosting at rackspace would be unnecessary.
    There's handfuls of providers with much better service for the dollar.

With that said mosso would probably be one of the bigger "names" (even though they're almost brand new) to look into.

Outside of that a google search is your next best option in the hunt!
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Problem is that it always takes time to fix problems on servers. I think Rackspace fixes problems faster. I have already tried several "good" companies, and support is slow.

Problem is that it always takes time to fix problems on servers. I think Rackspace fixes problems faster. I have already tried several "good" companies, and support is slow.
    "Good" companies is an opinion. What you consider a good company, I may not. No big deal...I'm just thinking that you'll find plenty of companies out there that will support your needs without the requirement to be at RackSpace.

Mosso is good but for that price, you could try out the MT Grid stuff (should they have improved) at $20 a month.

What exactly are your requirements anyways?

From what I've heard, Media Temple and Mosso have had some serious downtime lately...