Experience with Earhost

June 19th signed up.
    Quick reply to signup.
    June 19th transferred domain over to anonymous nameservers.
    June 20th still cannot view site.
    Slow Response: Check 3 things and let him know if resolved.
    Decided it could be a propagation problem so I waited.
    Notified him Friday that site was still not able to be viewed - he suggested I wait until Saturday morning.
    Sent this last night:
    For the domain name: www.roadshosting.com

Record created on June 10, 2002
    Record last updated on June 19, 2002
    Record expires on June 10, 2003

Domain Name Servers in listed order:

This has been accomplished since June 19th - it is now 10:35 PM on the 23rd
    and it's still not working. It has now been 96 hours... I also thought
    maybe it was a propagation problem through my server so I went to an
    anonymous websurfing site to check it and it's definitely not able to be
    viewed anywhere.

My response this morning:

Please submit a ticket to our helpdesk.
    http://www.earhost.com/helpdesk/

Regards,

Even after reading everything here I thought that maybe if I started out with a new, although unproven, company that I would get first class service. Why? Because I'm starting a company and I plan (if I ever get it started) to treat my customers like gold. If something looks too good to be true...
    And I'm old - I should know better!

Any other experiences out there? Good or Bad

So, you suggest McHost?
    Last edited by Diane; 06-24-2002 at 11:34 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

You might be a little hard on Earhost. Maybe they have some wax build up and just haven't been able to hear you.
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks. I needed a laugh this morning. WOW - great response time too!
      0 Not allowed!

Damnit UmBillyCord, you shouldn't post such funny stuff when people are still working
    That's gotta be the funniest thing I've seen all day.
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.namecheap.com - hosting from a registrar DONE RIGHT!
      0 Not allowed!

LOL very funny indeed. Sorry to hear you have had problems, but where there are problems there are always solutions. You may want to post this in the "Reseller" section if you are looking for reseller experiences. Good luck
    Jo Stonehouse - Kualowww.kualo.com
    Shared Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Cloud VPS & Dedicated Servers
    UK: 0800 138 3235 ❘ USA: 1-800-995-8256
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by UmBillyCord
    You might be a little hard on Earhost. Maybe they have some wax build up and just haven't been able to hear you.
    aww be nice
      0 Not allowed!

erm Earhost?

Earhost ? odd name that or maybe its just me :-)
    24 hour tech support.
    Web Site Builder - Reseller Plesk Deals.

www.Low-Cost-Web-Hosting.com
      0 Not allowed!

Oh come on, you can't start bashing a host because of their name. That's just not fair.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: erm Earhost?

Originally posted by Darren M
    Earhost ? odd name that or maybe its just me :-)
    It's funny because I remember the conversation when they were asking for feedback on there name and everyone seemed to think it was a little odd. I know the EAR stands for something I really cant remember what though.
      0 Not allowed!

what does OKI stand for?
    http://dynastyhost.com -Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Plans
    Web Hosting Since 1999
    Toll Free 1-866-307-HOST
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by jstonehouse
    Oh come on, you can't start bashing a host because of their name. That's just not fair.
    It is a joke. Relax or go to K-Mart, they have a blue-light special on humor right now.

If you do not find a company calling themselves EARhost funny, then that is your deal. But to me, it is odd and funny. Whats next? TOEhost.

If I name my host "PurpleTellieTubbyHost", are you saying I wouldn't deserve being the blunt of some jokes?
      0 Not allowed!

It is a joke. Relax or go to K-Mart, they have a blue-light special on humor right now.

If you do not find a company calling themselves EARhost funny, then that is your deal. But to me, it is odd and funny. Whats next? TOEhost.

If I name my host "PurpleTellieTubbyHost", are you saying I wouldn't deserve being the blunt of some jokes?
    LOL that was funny...

better than the name itself
    Web Hosting Since 1999
    Toll Free 1-866-307-HOST
      0 Not allowed!

LOL Sure I'm not saying it isn't funny, but maybe the laughter should be in your head rather than in public. If someone found OKIHost funny for some reason, you may not like it much if your company was turned into a "joke". And to be honest, EARHost isn't that much of a funny name, its certainly not "PurpleTellietubbyHost" now is it? I'm not going to get into a debate on this one as I'm unaffected either way, just wouldn't like it loads if I was on the brunt of it.
      0 Not allowed!

. . . . . . . . . .
    OMG!! I can't believe that's still available.

Seems I recall when they were asking about feedback about the EARhost thing, everyone suggested they change their name to avoid such confusion between Easy, Affordable, Reliable host and EAR(those things on the side of your head) host.

If I went ahead and used a domain I own (we'll just call it SAH.com for now to avoid any self-promotion claims) ; I would surely expect a lot of comments about the name.

After the thread about what people thought of the name EARhost.com, it should come as no surprise that people will comment on the name.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by jstonehouse
    LOL Sure I'm not saying it isn't funny, but maybe the laughter should be in your head rather than in public. If someone found OKIHost funny for some reason, you may not like it much if your company was turned into a "joke". And to be honest, EARHost isn't that much of a funny name, its certainly not "PurpleTellietubbyHost" now is it? I'm not going to get into a debate on this one as I'm unaffected either way, just wouldn't like it loads if I was on the brunt of it.
    I would agree with you if we made a corrolation between service/support and a bad name. Ex.. EARhost = stupid name = bad service/support. This would be wrong. But no one bashed them regarding anything other then a name. Since this is a *public* forum and the name EARhost is advertising to the *public*, I chose to poke a little fun at them *publically*. That is all.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by DynastyHost
    what does OKI stand for?
    Nothing.. Just easy to remember.. Pronounced Oh-Key/.. Wish there was a story behind it would make it alot more interesting.
      0 Not allowed!

I would agree with you if we made a corrolation between service/support and a bad name. Ex.. EARhost = stupid name = bad service/support. This would be wrong. But no one bashed them regarding anything other then a name. Since this is a *public* forum and the name EARhost is advertising to the *public*, I chose to poke a little fun at them *publically*. That is all.
    And that is of course your right, as it is mine to disagree. Oh the beauty of democracy.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by OKIhost

Nothing.. Just easy to remember.. Pronounced Oh-Key/.. Wish there was a story behind it would make it alot more interesting.
    Actually, "Oki" means "Ear" in some Papua New Guinean local tongues.
      0 Not allowed!

LOL!!
      0 Not allowed!

A good rule I've lived by for a number of years: "If you don't want your company name to be laughed at, don't give your company a silly name."

Feel free to quote it anytime.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.
      0 Not allowed!

Hello, ok the whole problem is now solved. Apparantly when we set up the more than one server on the nameservers
    ns1.elite-dns.com and ns2.elite-dns.com. So anyone on the second server the namservers would not work correctly. I am sorry about all of this.

Diane, please contact me to discuss this further. If you still want your account we can arrange a free upgrade to a higher plan at no extra cost. Or if you want a full refund we can arrange that also. Once again I am sorry about this whole situation.

Regards,
    James Hynes
      0 Not allowed!

I can handle the jokes about the name . The reason why I picked the name is so it would stand out. Just think about it. Will you forget the name EARhost? I think not
      0 Not allowed!

Hey at least people are talking about it eh? Okihost makes me think of someone from Oklahoma, where they call themselves 'Okey's.'
    Apexware Hosting Solutions
    www.apexware.com
    LOW Cost Budget Hosting
    www.rockbottomhosting.com
      0 Not allowed!

Don't know anything about EARHost just yet. Seems to be a very early startup which can sometimes be good and bad. Hope everything works out for ya, keep us updated.

The only real thing that confused me was that from the looks of it everything is hosted off of a SDSL connection line per NetDepot.

Just my 2.
    Last edited by RyanK; 06-25-2002 at 12:52 AM.
    Ryan Kekos GearHost - HostingCon Advisory Board and Speaker
    PaaS Cloud for .NET and PHP Developers
    100% real cloud - all apps/sites live in web farm clusters, all SSD, etc.
    Signup for 100 Domains & 100 Databases - No credit card required
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by ryank
    Besides the name, which has already been touched upon, this is a very early startup. Bad links, little content and what erks me is that some hosts like EARHost have no phone number. I know that comment will start a flame war but as a consumer myself I find it hard to purchase from a company that has no registered company name or phone number in Newfoundland, Canada.

// edit :
    Additionally, the domain was registered in April as well and from the looks of it they are hosting customers on an SDSL line per NetDepot.

Just my 2.
    Now this is HOST bashing, coming from a competitor.

I think EARhost handled his client very well he offered them a full refund or upgrade and offered an apology for problems.

I guess GearHost has never had any problems so that lets you cast the first stone.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Monte

Now this is HOST bashing, coming from a competitor.

I think EARhost handled his client very well he offered them a full refund or upgrade and offered an apology for problems.

I guess GearHost has never had any problems so that lets you cast the first stone.
    Thank you Monte.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by ryank
    Don't know anything about EARHost just yet. Seems to be a very early startup which can sometimes be good and bad. Hope everything works out for ya, keep us updated.

The only real thing that confused me was that from the looks of it everything is hosted off of a SDSL connection line per NetDepot.

Just my 2.
    lol, good one. Since when does the DV2 datacenter use SDSL. I think you have enough issues to work out with your own company before you bash us.
      0 Not allowed!

Stop it guys.. this is getting out of topic
    Web Hosting Since 1999
    Toll Free 1-866-307-HOST
      0 Not allowed!

Sorry about that James, got my facts wrong. I simply did an IP source which is NetDepot which offers SDSL, thus my conclusion. Was an honest mistake. Hope everything works out and accept my apologies.

<<MOD NOTE: Edit feature works, as that's just embarrassing>>
    Last edited by Chicken; 06-25-2002 at 01:31 AM.
    Ryan Kekos GearHost - HostingCon Advisory Board and Speaker
    PaaS Cloud for .NET and PHP Developers
    100% real cloud - all apps/sites live in web farm clusters, all SSD, etc.
    Signup for 100 Domains & 100 Databases - No credit card required
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by fractiousws
    Diane, please contact me to discuss this further. If you still want your account we can arrange a free upgrade to a higher plan at no extra cost. Or if you want a full refund we can arrange that also. Once again I am sorry about this whole situation.

Regards,
    James Hynes
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken
      0 Not allowed!