NewEgg Slow - Lets give them a reason to change that.

I see that everyone pretty much knows that NewEgg comes nearly to a standstill during the daylight hours. I consistently have to order products in the evenings, even on 3 meg, 6 meg, and 45 meg pipes. This means the slowdown in performance is NOT on our side, it is on NewEgg's side. They apparently don't care, as this has been going on for months now. So, why don't we give them a reason to care? I purchased a 19" widescreen monitor off of a competing website today - ChiefValue - and saved $5 on shipping, and the monitor was the same price as NewEgg's even though NewEgg's was in the "Deals" page (supposed to be a great deal) yet ChiefValue's was their "everyday" price. I searched for some other products, and they are very close in comparison (some cheaper - just like my monitor). I fully intend to email NewEgg's customer service (tonight, or as soon as the link loads...) and let them know I purchased from a competitor because I didn't want to have to wait until 9:00 tonight to purchase my monitor. Every online store is driven by sales, so if we just start shopping competitors first, and let NewEgg know that you purchased from a different retailer - specifically due to their website's incredible slowness - they will finally do something.

Nice site, but I've been waiting for a reply on a simple query for about 20 seconds so far. Seems a lot slower than newegg.com is right now. I worry more about newegg.com taking longer to ship as of late. Seems like most things I order ship at the end of the second business day I place my order, effectively making me wait up to a week with 3-day shipping.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

There's always going to be dirt-cheap companies, it just depends whether they can provide the support/service that the more expensive companies can provide, and whether the customer is prepared to take that risk.

I'll stick with newegg.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

lol yeh me too. Newegg is without question the best company i've done business with in many years.

Great service, great prices and huge inventory.

I ordered a full PC from them a couple months ago, and there wasn't a single problem. two weeks ago I had to RMA a motherboard i'd gotten in May, and they replaced it without question.

not a problem on site speed at all either. just logged into the account and it's as fast as ever.

To the OP: you might want to check your route. what bandwidth you have is completely irrelevant to speed.
    Last edited by fastnoc; 12-08-2006 at 09:07 PM.
    Show your reciprocal links on your website. eReferrer

I always add the rush processing and my stuff ships fairly quickly. I'm only like an hour from the warehouse so it usually comes the next day with 3 day shipping.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

Odd, my search queries on Newegg have always gone quick (less than 1 second).

e-places...

I understand that, e-places. I have been doing work for multiple ISPs for several years now. I have tried this on 5 different connections (4 different ISPs - I had Comcast in both Warsaw and Fort Wayne), so that is 5 separate routes at 1.5 meg, 3 meg, 6 meg, 6 meg and 45 meg. Also, what time of the day do you do your shopping on NewEgg?

for me it has been slower since they redesigned but not unbearable by any means.

Outside of newegg never being slow for me... I'll stick with newegg for another reason...

Last week I ordered Streets and trips 2007, without the gps since I already had a gps from S&T 2005. After installing the new software, my gps crapped out in about two days.

So now I need another gps. I found a gps on newegg and emailed to see if there were anything I could do. The guy said yes and offered a $20 reduction, making the total package the same as if I had purchased S&T 2007 w/ gps. One problem, it was not in stock at newegg. Then the guy offered to provide a $20 rebate from my other purchase... then he found the same gps not in stock on newegg at buy.com and sent me the link. I was like WTF? What is happening... customer service has never been this good anyplace... I'm still wondering if he was new or something...

Anyway, the gps at buy.com was the same price... but had a $20 mail in rebate, and a $20 instant rebate, if you paid by google's checkout. I paid by checkout... got the instant rebate, will get (hopefully) the $20 mail in rebate, and got the $20 rebate from newegg. lol...
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

I haven't ever noticed newegg as being slow. I would consider chefvalue, but they don't support paypal.

fine for me, had no problem placing a 6k order with them. so it is you.
    Upfront Business Solutions
    A Cloud & Microsoft SaaS provider
    "Creating you a online web presence"

I'm still waiting for newegg to change their shipping policy; that is when are they going to start shipping to Canada?
    PrimeHost Inc. - Canadian Web Hosting PrimeHost.ca - Canada's Prime Web Host
    █ Reliable Web Hosting for Business and Personal Websites on Canadian Servers

Good attitude...

Great attitude Damier. The "Its not me, so its you" attitude (that you seem to have) always helps resolve issues in the tech world. Hope you aren't a web hosting or IT provider!

P.S. I tried again this morning and the site seems okay. I will test this again a couple times between 11AM and 4PM (EST DST) today. I would like to ask you to do that as well.
    Last edited by MyFocal; 12-11-2006 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MyFocal
    Great attitude Damier. The "Its not me, so its you" attitude (that you seem to have) always helps resolve issues in the tech world.
    Well when you have the facts in front of you, that 99% of the reply are "Working great for me" ..... "Its not me, so its you" attitude seems to be true. Its not my fault your ISP has a issue.

IT provider!
    System Administrator

Damier...

Would you try something for me then? If you have time, try going into NewEgg's website and browsing products as well as adding them to your cart between the hours I specified on there, for a couple days, and then let me know if you see any issues. Of course, there is always the possibility you may still want to look right, so you may not be fully truthful. I will have to assume you are being 100% honest. Please let me know your findings Damier.

Of course, there is always the possibility you may still want to look right, so you may not be fully truthful. I will have to assume you are being 100% honest.
    You dont want to pick a fight you cant win.

http://www.donniesdomain.com/wht/newegg1.JPG
    Last edited by donniesd; 12-11-2006 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by damier
    You dont want to pick a fight you cant win.

http://www.donniesdomain.com/wht/newegg1.JPG
    lol... I also shop during the daylight hours... after 11 am or so.

I don't know we are even talking about this... if the site does not work for you, move on to something else. Go to amazon where you don't know if they are shipping the item or having some 3rd party ship from his/her house.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

True...

True, Hekwu. However, that order was made 3 weeks ago, does time not make a bit of difference? Also, my first post simply said their site was being slow, and maybe some people should consider trying a different site and letting NewEgg know. Then Damier had to step in and use a couple words, that could easily be taken to be rude by anyone, and start the "argument." Granted, I should not have continued to argue, but I am asking users to post what THEY have found, and Damier just continues to argue, and then posts a 3 week old order. I am simply trying to get some feedback here, and someone had to turn it into an argument... I'm also interested why Damier said I picked the fight, his very first response was him saying that since he had no problems, it was me. No facts to back it up, only an order that he placed 3 weeks ago? I came here looking for help, and suggesting an alternative to NewEgg, since their site was slow. I did NOT come here looking for someone to, right off the bat (with no facts to back it up) tell me it's only an issue that I am facing. Anyway, this thread can be closed, as I see that is obviously all I am going to get here.

However, that order was made 3 weeks ago, does time not make a bit of difference?
    Would you like to see one only a few days ago?

Also, my first post simply said their site was being slow, and maybe some people should consider trying a different site and letting NewEgg know.
    Well out of every one who replied, you seem to be the only one.

Then Damier had to step in and use a couple words, that could easily be taken to be rude by anyone, and start the "argument."
    Please show me where. Your the one, that said

"Of course, there is always the possibility you may still want to look right, so you may not be fully truthful. I will have to assume you are being 100% honest." That was rude. So i proved to you that i did place a 6k order with newegg.

but I am asking users to post what THEY have found, and Damier just continues to argue
    I dont see any arguing. I just proved to you that i order alot from newegg, which you seem to thought i was lying.[/QUOTE]

and then posts a 3 week old order.
    Would you like see one from a few days ago?
    I'm also interested why Damier said I picked the fight, his very first response was him saying that since he had no problems, it was me.
    Here ya go:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...82&postcount=5
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...96&postcount=7
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...21&postcount=9
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...1&postcount=11

I am not the only one without problems.

No facts to back it up, only an order that he placed 3 weeks ago?
    Would you like to see my more recent orders? Also see my reply above. Also what other facts would you like. Want a tracert from my house, and our 3 t lines at work?
    Last edited by donniesd; 12-11-2006 at 07:39 PM.