View Poll Results: Was this feedback helpful?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 44.44%
  • No

5 55.56%

Servage = massive downtime, guaranteed ?

We opened an account with Servage.net on 07.12.2006, 2100GB traffic was more than we'd ever need. We had 30,000 pageviews with 5 hits each to the site producing less than 2GB traffic, but their measurement system it's 16GB. Still well within 2100GB/month. They sent an E-mail asking us to reduce traffic!

We responded within hours asking why since we were well within limits and what we could do, they respond WITHOUT WARNING with suspending the account, and we lost hundreds of clients while waiting for Registrar to update DNS (takes hours for DNS world wide to get updated).

Though a DNS change within 1 hour reduces traffic with 80%, they refused to respond to let our pages stay up. We asked if they'd kindly let our page up as a redirect, they simply did not respond.

More dishonest service is hard to find. If you have very low traffic, it may work ok. But their ads are incorrect and they should be closed by a court for such behavior. Nothing is worse than getting unwarranted downtime not violating any policy. Servage guarantees 99,98% uptime, but in reality they make sure you have downtime by bad intent...

The funny part is that they claim to host large sites with more than 3 mill. pageviews per day. But after 30,000 pageviews, the suspend your account without warning or even a small redirect to avoid downtime!

If you know a lawyer wanting to sue them, I'd be happy to assist. I'll now ask for the 5-day money back guarantee, but knowing such persons I assume I need to ask credit card company for a charge back.

Past user
    PS: new user rules says I can't post any URL, but I'd be happy to show the suspended site message and link to their false/misleading advertising on their home pages.

What type of site were you hosting with them?

Nothing new, seen so many posts now about servage suspending accounts without notice and for what ? For trying to use the bw they allot, just shows they are doing nice overselling, i still do not get it why users go and choose such hosts .
    12+ years -same website , new server [SSD Inside] providing shared/reseller hosting only !
    These things we do not provide/offer : Unlimited Storage ! Unlimited Bandwidth ! But Why? Cause, we were unable to put such a large number on our pages, it just would not fit.
    So check out the numbers that actually fit >> << the page as well as your budget too !

Hosting a php form for ordering a credit card. It was not much bandwith or traffic, I've found at v7n.com a thread saying exactly what I discovered (not allowed to link before after 5 postings). Had I seen it earlier I would have stayed away. We kept a tracker on their pages for some month to check uptime which is the most crucial element of a host for us. Their shutdown without warning, of our low traffic is the most horrific web hosting I've ever seen. So if you're looking for good uptime for very low traffic, they might be ok. But then 7,50 per month is expensive, you're better off with one.com, they have 100% uptime at 1.25 per month and their bandwith is actually "unlimited".

Move from 'em. Thats the best choise for now. For a long term, rent a dedicated/vps. Although it cost money but you will find the difference.

they have 100% uptime at 1.25 per month and their bandwith is actually "unlimited".`
    And you'll face the same problem, There's no such thing as a free meal
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Tried one.com. They lack SSL and other features (like not opening accounts until domain has changed registrar, thus leading to downtime as they also refuse to let you upload pages before this point), but uptime and high bandwidth usage is not a problem.

Ok, I'm sorry then I was just guided by comments, you have first hand experience therefore know better than me.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

1) Yes, they do host large traffic websites, but obviously not under their standard shared hosting. They do custom hosting plans for large websites which require clustering (rather than just a dedicated server).

2) They have a hit limit of 400,000, after that their system automatically takes your site down. They don't personally do it. Their system also sends a highload warning to you (email) when you go past 300,000 hits.

3) As for the transfer being 16GB when it should have only been 2GB, that's a funny one becuase I also noticed the same thing. When I moved 'from' servage as my site grew, I though I'd need 1TB a month of bandwidth, but it seems I barely use 200GB. I'm not sure, but it could be becuase of file compression (where html files and things are sent to the client compressed). I think that is a common practice, but they may count the files as uncompressed toward their bandwidth allowance. But who knows.

If you're running an online business where 24 hours of downtime will lose your 100's of clients, then you should have been with a dedicated server from day one.

1) Yes, they do host large traffic websites, but obviously not under their standard shared hosting. They do custom hosting plans for large websites which require clustering (rather than just a dedicated server).

2) They have a hit limit of 400,000, after that their system automatically takes your site down. They don't personally do it. Their system also sends a highload warning to you (email) when you go past 300,000 hits.

3) As for the transfer being 16GB when it should have only been 2GB, that's a funny one becuase I also noticed the same thing. When I moved 'from' servage as my site grew, I though I'd need 1TB a month of bandwidth, but it seems I barely use 200GB. I'm not sure, but it could be becuase of file compression (where html files and things are sent to the client compressed). I think that is a common practice, but they may count the files as uncompressed toward their bandwidth allowance. But who knows.

If you're running an online business where 24 hours of downtime will lose your 100's of clients, then you should have been with a dedicated server from day one.

Quote Originally Posted by Energizer Bunny
    Nothing new, seen so many posts now about servage suspending accounts without notice and for what ? For trying to use the bw they allot, just shows they are doing nice overselling, i still do not get it why users go and choose such hosts .
    No, they allow the bandwidth and I know. I use them as a fileserver. I have 3 semi-merged accounts with them. I clock up about 6/7TB a month for only $22.50. I don't go over their hit limit though so it's alright.

Servage are GREAT for a file server and for smallish websites, but any site that recieves 30,000 page views will be pushing it.

Received a message from servage today stating that they have imposed a (secret?) limit of 400,000 hits/day. Since there are more hits per day than page views, this low hit rate is the real restriction, as their cap of 70GB/day would assume that a hit on average cannot be lower than 189KB if you're to reach 70GB:

"Please note, 400000 hit count is allowd per day for the customer. And your account has generated 445658 hits for a day, which is too much.

So, please take care of this.

Kind regards,
    Steven, Servage Hosting"

Ads with 2100GB and not mentioning a 400,000 hit limit and just shutting service without warning, appears deceitful at best.

We likely need a solution for 2 million hit capacity per day and peak bandwitdh out of 1.1Mbit/s. We've also been using a Dell(450?) with Xeon 4GB RAM RAID1, don't know much more, but it's plenty. Most root or vserver offers much less than 4GB, would a single CPU and 512MB RAM offer good enough performance. A possible downside by single server is that downtime appears likely, or is there an auto-reboot?

Sorry to hear about your problems with Servage, hope your next internet home is a better one.

What kind of website were you running with them webhost2007? Specifically what kind of dynamic scripts did you use?
    A Collection of Web Hosts
    Small biographies on hosts, uptime reports and some reviews
    Feel free to add your review or add a host that isn't on the list.

At the price you are paying them. You should accept 50% uptime. Get a real host. You can see from the specs that they are garbage.

You're trusting 'hundreds of clients' to Servage... Do the math.

SERVAGE ARE NOT GARBAGE!

Why do people make stupid comments. Before signing up to a host, I always ask what other limitation there are and what would stop me from running a site as popular as gamespot on their shared hosting account

Like I said above, I've been using 3 servage accounts as file servers. I use about 7TB a month for only $22.50. No downtime either.

Ads with 2100GB and not mentioning a 400,000 hit limit and just shutting service without warning, appears deceitful at best.
    I do think they should make mention of this limit, at least somewhere in the AUP. It takes their customers completely by surprise. Then again, the ones who do a thorough research, will find out about it from threads like this one.