* How safe is it to accept client with unverified paypal account?

Hello,
    Recently i had quite a few unverified paypal users signup and make payments, and am worried if i should accept them as customers and if it was safer to have verified clients or unverified clients cause 2 months back i had like 2 chargebacks done, and if i recall one was from verified paypal member.

Is there a way to confirm the identity of those users signing up (one client is from israel (i have nothing against any country) but scares me a bit ) is there a way to confirm someones identity ? And is paypal even available in Israel?

Do you guys in hosting or other business accept payments from unverified paypal users?

Telephone them

I accept unverified payments and have noticed unverified accounts seems to be common with international paypal users.

We do the same fraudscreening on paypal transactions we do on credit cards which include an automated phone call for verification if the score or dollar amount of the transaction is high enough. Since we implemented the automated call that has just about cut all the fraud orders to zero and has not decreased legit orders being processed.

Thanks but checked the users domain, making refund right now its a freaking site about illegal software downloads.

Pheff saved myself few bucks on phone call .

Currently i am using MaxMind Fraud and none that did chargebacks were reported to be fake or suspicious at all. What services do you guys use?
    Last edited by Energizer Bunny; 12-08-2006 at 02:44 PM.

With virtual products (eg: web hosting), there isnt really a security difference between verified and unverified paypals. Either way, if a person contacts paypal and says that they did not authorize the charge, you do not really have proof that you delivered the product. At least, that is from my experiences.

Just so you know, PayPal is available in Israel.

I've got an associate there who uses it frequently.