* Can you use VPS for a gameserver?

Hey, as the title says.

Thanks alot!

It might work but performance might be poor. Its best to go with a GSP or get your own dedicated
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

There has been many posts about this in the past. I would do a search for this topic in the forum.

Some users tested this and some are using them as game servers now. Results have been posted in the past.

I think you would have to have a really good host and a large VPS plan to make it work well but I think it can be done.

It also may depend greatly on which games you want to host.

The specs of your vps would have to be pretty high, and most likely be in higher plans

Thanks alot everyone, i am probably better off buying one from a provide like you said.

Matt

i think that it is better to go for a dedicated server , because a vps can not support too many connections if you site will grow

Hi!
    The latency is what is the biggest problem. So..it stands to reason if you got a dedicated on a lousy network..you would have the same problems. I note that it has been a couple of days since that thread...and no followup at all..that should tell you something right there.

Bryon
    Bryon L Harvey
    Soil Relocation Engineer

It all depends on how many users are on the node you are on. If you have enough resources there shouldn't be a problem with running game servers.