windows hosting .asp

Hello
    I am looking to move an existing site to new hosting. The site is all standard html except for a handful of contact forms that are written in VBScript and saved with the .asp extension.

Will these work on Windows hosting?

Thank you
    Manor

Yes, for .asp scripts you will need Windows hosting. If you do a search on WHT for Windows hosting you should be able to find a suitable web host. I would suggest to look for an established company with positive reviews. Don't go for the cheapest overseller you can find, you could regret it later.

many thanks!

Windows servers are not great, best to use Linux.

If you are using ASP - you would be best to use Windows. Some *NIX servers can run ASP scripts but they might not be able to handle all the ASP comoponents.

You might check out TechEvolution for windows servers

Sorry to raise a question on this thread but I didn't want to start a new one for a related question. What exactly is Windows hosting? Is that something different from Shared hosting or Reseller Hosting? Is it referring specifically to your Windows operating system as opposed to Apple Mac? And is this an option to consider or is it limited to people with only a particular version of Windows (eg 2003)?

Thanks

Windows hosting refers to the operating system on the server. The other (and more popular) alternative is Linux hosting. Both Linux and Windows web hosting companies offer shared and reseller plans, the operating system has nothing to do with the types of plans offered by a company.

Manor,

First, welcome to WHT!

As previously stated, you will be best suited on a Windows hosting platform. You could us the WHT HostQuote feature (in menus at top of page) to search for specific Windows Hosts.

Good luck and let us know how you make out!
    ||| Mike Bowers - Marketing Director
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD
    ||| OnApp Powered Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting ► [Shared] ► [Reseller] ► [VPS]
    ||| Follow the atOmicVPS Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Gnatik
    Prove it. Back up that statement with proven facts.

Quote Originally Posted by manor
    Hello
    I am looking to move an existing site to new hosting. The site is all standard html except for a handful of contact forms that are written in VBScript and saved with the .asp extension.

Will these work on Windows hosting?

Thank you
    Manor
    Take a look at DiscountASP.

It's all relative, and certainly no system is better than another unless comparing its individual needs. Generalizations are usually not helpful, as in this case the OP had a specific requirement, therefore Linux would not be a feasible option.

I've worked with RoyaltyHosting and JodoHost in the past, might want to take a look if you're looking for Windows plans.
    PolurNET Communications
    █ Avoid the Freeze, Enjoy the Breeze! █ A federally incorporated Canadian company at your service since 2004
    Proudly #1 on WebHostingJury and #1 on NamePros.com, the largest domain forum on the web!
    US/UK VPS+ @ ExcellentHost Enterprises || MSSQL 2008/IIS7 @ HostOptima.com || PremiumHost.com soon!

Hi

I highly recommend not using ASP on linux! ASP was designed for windows and when applications are developed using ASP they are mostly tested on windows. This will be your best solution.
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server.
    www.cyberhostpro.com - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat

Please....not this again. I want to see backup for this statement...also ChiliSoft ASP has been proven not to be a great replacement for the original