Best Domain name provider

Hey,

To provide webhosting etc. Who would you say would be the best registar to register a hosting domain with?
    Your reading skill has increased by one point!
    computers are cool now OK!

Just a domain for your company? I would suggest godaddy. Great support and awesome client login system. (hope I understood the post correctly)

Personally I use Enom. I've used Godaddy and we have domains there, but Enom just seems like a better system and more "Neutral" than godaddy.

Tucows tucows and once more Tucows

another vote for enom, their new management software is just awesome!
    Like passive recurring revenue you can retire on?
    You focus on building your brand, we handle all support, billing, and more.
    Pressed.net - Start your own Managed WordPress Hosting Company

Up until recently, I would've also said GoDaddy or eNom. But I am now an official Namecheap convert.
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress • Joomla • OpenCart • Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

I would also recommend enom. They have a great API, as well as a pretty nice pricing scheme.

Quick question for all the enom supporters.
    Do they have a number or some way to get quick help? (ex:phone # or live chat)
    I am not one for dropping an email and hoping I get a reply.

Yes, they have a phone number that gets you to a live person (usually under 10 minutes, I think my average has been 5 minutes).

I would not use Godaddy. I have some domains with them now and I have been told all kinds of wrong information by there phone staff for support issues in the past.

Enom on the other hand is great. Easy to use system and there support is great to. They actually know just about everything I have ever needed had a question about.

You can call Enom up to and there sales staff is great also.

enom

they are the way to go

and i would stay away from godaddy..far away from them

I've heard several bad things about godaddy on this board... I've been using them for quite a while and am very happy...

Going to check out enum though... sounds like they do good stuff...

hmm... just checked them out... I'm not feeling the love... the prices seem way higher than godaddy and their website isn't as warm and fuzzy feeling...

Don't get me wrong, GoDaddy.com's really been great for me. I just hate their interface - you have to click too much to move around the control panel. That's about the only reason, really, that I started using Namecheap.
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress • Joomla • OpenCart • Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

I honestly have never had any bad experiences with godaddy. (I have been with them for years and have had probaby over 50 domains registered with them)
    I checked out enom and sadly enough I can not find the prices or even a number. Not sure if I just am not looking in the right place.
    Most people here love it, so I must be missing out on something ;-)

I found some reseller pricing... on the Home menu there is a Pricing submenu... Couldn't find any other pricing though...

Looks like you can save a couple of dollars per domain using the reseller stuff...

domains4you.com are good (enom reseller)

Anybody want to rant pro or con about DirectNic?

My report: I've been using them 3-4 years, like the interface, and support has been good via their ticket system.

This good record was marred recently by an initially disapointing response to a DNS crisis.

It took most of a day, and many ticket posts, for them to catch on that I really needed their help.

But by end of day, someone higher up the support system found me, and has been in constant contact since, offering to do ANYTHING I request.

That's just one person's experience, what's yours?