Unhappy Torn between datacenters

Hi, this is my first post here but have been monitoring the forum for a few days now, i only wish i found it sooner.

My company is looking for a new dedicated server host. We are able to pay around $100 - $150 / month and will be using Cpanel.

We are only getting off the ground and don't have any money right now, it is coming from our shallow pockets so price is important to us at this time. Could you post comments and experiences on your current data center / noc and previous as well?

Thanks for any comments!

Sounds like you would do well to look at Nocster.
    We have been nothing short of extremely pleased with the level of service and support.

It's like their home page says, "Excellent Service. Great Support. Outstanding Value."
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

I suggest you post your request in the Web Hosting Request forum, and then compare all the offers to see which one is the best for you.

Peter

Thanks SoftWareRevue, i am looking at them but right now i can't afford the setup fee, they are being concidered though and i am glad to hear that you are pleased with them.

ckpeter, thanks i will do that as well but i mainly want to hear customers opinions right now, thanks for the idea though. I will start a thread on the Web Hosting Request forum when i hear some customer feedback

While you are at it, don't forget to look up past discussion on these hosts that you are interested in. Even with a singel host, some clients have the perfect experience, while others may have less than pleasant encounters. You will be best if you look up both sides to a host.

Peter

I HIGHLY suggest www.eServers.biz . They are currently sold out but you might want to watch out for when they get another shipment of servers in. There prices are amazing.

Are you looking at 100-150/mo for the server, or for the server and CPanel. Because there are in fact very few places that have CPanel/WHM and a server for under 150/mo, so that would narrow the field down a LOT.

Also, I beleive with nocter you can arrange to have the setup fee spread over 3 months....

You'd just have to email them and check..
    -Mat Sumpter
    Director, Product Engagement
    Penton Media

Right. What PH said.
    I've seen it mentioned on this forum before.
    So, don't let the setup fee discourage you.
    You would do best to talk with them first about any concerns.

Exactly ckpeter, that is the main reason why i started the thread, i am having a hard time choosing because i read so much good/bad about the different companies. Just trying to put it all together

fractiousws: I'm looking at them now as well and there are some interesting stories on the forum too helping my decision.

porcupine: included would be great, or a cheap (under $60) monthly fee but so far i haven't seen it offered at that price other than nocster, i want to scope out all options possible.

Thanks for the info The Prohacker and SoftWareRevue, i haven't thought about that and will see contact them to see if it's possible. I will post the results here

Looks like I am being useless again.

If you are looking to resolve those conflicting experience, it would be best if you could bring them up specifically, either in this thread or to the host itself. Otherwise, you may continue to receive conflicting reports.

For example, SWR highly recommended nocster, but I have also read a few negative posts in the past. Simply asking people for comment won't help, since they will only say only their own (positive) experience. If you ask something concrete such "what is the setup time like" or "what is the hardware failure rate", etc, you may get more useful information.

Peter

Originally posted by DayGlo
    Exactly ckpeter, that is the main reason why i started the thread, i am having a hard time choosing because i read so much good/bad about the different companies. Just trying to put it all together

fractiousws: I'm looking at them now as well and there are some interesting stories on the forum too helping my decision.

porcupine: included would be great, or a cheap (under $60) monthly fee but so far i haven't seen it offered at that price other than nocster, i want to scope out all options possible.

Thanks for the info The Prohacker and SoftWareRevue, i haven't thought about that and will see contact them to see if it's possible. I will post the results here
    Ahh yes, because in the 150 and under range for a server + cpanel, nocster is really the only place that can even afford to offer that unfortunatly .

Originally posted by ckpeter
    . . . . . . asking people for comment won't help, since they will only say only their own (positive) experience. . . . . .
    I find, especially around here, people are 'more' apt to post their own (negative) experiences.

Good point Peter

I am looking different individual opinions of overall performance for the different hosts in my price range but the points you mentioned are extremly important.

What are averyones experiences with setup time, network uptime and support for the companies you use?

Thanks for everything!
    movabletypehost.com / xarayahost.com / tikihost.com : Interested?
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=3691760

Finally, I feel like I am useful.

Unforunately, your budget range will limit your option quite a bit. The absolute lowest external license is from TimPD for $55 (and that was only a special). That means if you want an externel license you probably have to limit your server budget to under $100.

It seems like nocster would be your best option because they can offer you cheap/in-house license. Otherwise, all the other host you consider will pretty much have to be under $100. (so that you can get an externel Cpanel license)

Peter

If you need help with Cpanel, or are not comfortable managing it yourself, NOCSTER will be your best bet IMHO (or BurstNET).

If not, try dialtone.com ....they have some good pricing on good servers and their network and support are awesome.

I would no advise Dialtone, we were there for over a year and they changed their TOS on us three times and the last one forced us to move. But that was not the worse of it, changing TOS is something we could of dealt with even though we were no longer allow to run irc related programs, it was the constant lag and downtime we suffered.
    We averaged 3 support tickets everytime we needed something done. Yes their prices are nice, just my opinion.