Thread: Host for blog

Host for blog

I am looking for a webhost to host my blog. I plan on using wordpress and need a cheap, reliable host to get started. I am hoping to spend no more than $5 per month until it grows past this. This will be for a local group that will use this blog to keep everyone up to date on the group, activities, etc.

I am also using this as a place to help me "get my feet wet" and learn more about website, design, etc.

I would like a built in website builder but is optional.

Thank you.

If you sign up with Dreamhost with a $97 off coupon, you can get a year of hosting with a free domain for about 24 dollars, then after the year, less than 10 dollars a month. Dreamhost has been pretty reliable for me and is very reliable for a simple blog.

Worpress comes pre-installed in many auto-installers. So, that shouldn't be a problem to start.
    What kind of site builder do you need? and online? where you can create your site with template and things like that?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Montreal, Canada
    If you're looking for some pointers, I would suggest looking for a host with around 150-250 MB of space, and 3-10GB of bandwidth -- should meet your basic requirements

Best of luck!
    PolurNET Communications
    █ Avoid the Freeze, Enjoy the Breeze! █ A federally incorporated Canadian company at your service since 2004
    Proudly #1 on WebHostingJury and #1 on, the largest domain forum on the web!
    US/UK VPS+ @ ExcellentHost Enterprises || MSSQL 2008/IIS7 @ || soon!

New Jersey
    Look for a host with Fantastico and you'll be all set with a few clicks. You'd be able to have your blog up in less than 5 mintues. Also make sure your host keeps wordpress or which ever software you choose updated for you or does it automatically as in Fantastico.
    Plutomic Hosting
    Empowering Your Web Ventures
    In Business Since 2005
    Specializing in Web Hosting, VPS, Managed Dedicated Servers and Managed Colocation

They are many hosts that offer hosting for less than $5/mo or even cheaper. Just do a careful research before signing up.
    Affordable Managed Hosting Solutions for Professional & Business since 2001 - Global : USA - UK - Canada - Europe - Asia Pacific

Chicago, IL USA

Most any reliable host will certainly be capable of running WordPress. Your biggest issue will be finding a host for the money you want to spend - but they are out there. Good luck and let us know how you make out!
    ||| Mike Bowers - Marketing Director
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD
    ||| OnApp Powered Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting ► [Shared] ► [Reseller] ► [VPS]
    ||| Follow the atOmicVPS Blog

like I said in my post before, use small host, 500MB and 10-20GB b/w is enough for the starting. After that, when your site expand, you most likely gonna to expand you hosting too. Thats not too much.