Suggestion for Colo <$60?

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone suggested a place to colo for <$60 a month.

I'm looking to colo a mid-tower or the likings with 1TB of bandwidth (prefered in+out not 50% of each) metered.

So far it's pretty hard to find a provider to do this.

The big downside to everything is the need for an IRCd.
    Most places won't allow the hosting of even a private IRCd which really gets me down. No warez, no lame script kiddies DDoS'ing, none of that legality crap. Just a small community IRCd.

Really doesnt matter location wise if it's within 150 miles of Michigan (easily driveable in a day). East Coast, Mid West, Central, whatever

Anyone have a suggestion on a place? I mean I don't really care on the quality of bandwidth as long as it's stable (IE: Cogent is OK).

We have a budget of no more than $100/month.

PM or Reply if you know anywhere!

With that budget, you may want to try fdcservers.net I know what their site says, it's less than advertised. So email them.

Good Luck!
    -DPI
    Chicago's #1 Datacenter Technician

try waveform.net

Being a mid-tower puts more limits on the possibilities

colostore.com... in South Bend, IN...they do $49 for midtower+1TB

Can't expect to get all of that bandwidth or much service with your colo for $49/month....seeing they wouldn't be making anything off of you if you did use all that bandwidth.

Actually I'm not sure if they allowed IRCd, double check with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Latin_Carrier
    try waveform.net
    Already have a box to colo there, looking for another location too though

Quote Originally Posted by DPI
    With that budget, you may want to try fdcservers.net I know what their site says, it's less than advertised. So email them.

Good Luck!
    Already with them as well, reason for wanting to colo (Moving away from them).

Quote Originally Posted by devonblzx
    colostore.com... in South Bend, IN...they do $49 for midtower+1TB
    Thanks I'll check into them

corenetworks.net ?

how was your experience with waveform.net ?

Quote Originally Posted by Latin_Carrier
    how was your experience with waveform.net ?
    I've never colo'd with them before. Getting ready to ship my server to them soon as they respond and send me the order form, etc. (Sales are a bit slow and not replying heh). Just built a box specifically to colo with them on their 1000GB plan.

I have rented their AMD 3000 before (The additional lead time with anything but fedora is due to me).
    Pretty good service, support is a little slow but they're not really setup to do dedicated sales, more of a come in and fix it yourself setup it seems.

It's not 100mbit like they say since it's connected to a DS3. Not really a big deal since your bandwidth is so limited though.

I'd still suggest them to another person if they dont require much support.

Still trying to look at other options in the mid west though, cause I'm going to be needing another location in January.

Sticky,

Just wondering, why are you wanting to move away from FDC? feel free to pm me if you want to keep it private. I am interested.

Thanks,
    Devon

I don't really have a need for unmetered bandwidth anymore, and we needed to move to something a bit cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by sticky
    It's not 100mbit like they say since it's connected to a DS3. Not really a big deal since your bandwidth is so limited though.
    If they only have a DS3, I'm sure they will drop you like a lead balloon once they see you are actually going to use 1TB/mo, which is roughly 5Mb/sec or 11% of their DS3.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that the price range you are trying to meet is incredibly low. It works out to be $2.5/U and $10/Mb/sec for the transit.
    Jay Sudowski // Handy Networks LLC // Co-Founder & CTO
    AS30475 - Level(3), HE, Telia, XO and Cogent. Noction optimized network.
    Offering Dedicated Server and Colocation Hosting from our SSAE 16 SOC 2, Type 2 Certified Data Center.
    Current specials here. Check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Suds
    If they only have a DS3, I'm sure they will drop you like a lead balloon once they see you are actually going to use 1TB/mo, which is roughly 5Mb/sec or 11% of their DS3.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that the price range you are trying to meet is incredibly low. It works out to be $2.5/U and $10/Mb/sec for the transit.
    The box I had with them before was only on a DS3 backbone of theirs, I used the full line at night and they never complained (3.5MB/s) so who knows.

I never did transfer my full amount with them (1500GB) but transfered 900GB one month. Not really even needing 1TB of transfer, just need some extra room incase we go over a lower amount. 500GB I'm sure would be enough.

Yes, I'm aware it's a really low price. Just need some cheap colo that'll suit the needs of an IRCd & a few websites being hosted.