Is this even viable?

What's the lowest server I could get with over 500GB bandwidth on a 100Mbps port with cPanel/WHM? I'm not looking for hardware intesive. I'm trying to get it for around 60-70 bucks. Anyone know if this is even possible?

Based on all of the dedicated servers that I have seen, that much bandwidth for only 60-70 dollars a month isn't very likely.. you will likely pay atleast 120-150+ a month. That could be possible on shared hosting, but when you are dedicated it is not very likely.

I've seen it before in some server offerings post for $65 I think it was layered tech but that was like a special they have once in awhile. I think hostfresh or freshhost I don't know what it was but had some uber cheap deals on servers but I can't comment on there service since I've never used them before. FDCservers.net is pretty cheap for bandwidth but I use to use them along time ago and I only stayed for a month so you can figure that out.

Gotcha, what would be an average server for that price?

Hi!
    Your not going to find this..Cpanel and WHM can add $25-$60 to the price itself...depending on the host or NOCs arrangement with Cpanel.

You are going to have to consider a budget increase.

Bryon
    Bryon L Harvey
    Soil Relocation Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by RSMN
    What's the lowest server I could get with over 500GB bandwidth on a 100Mbps port with cPanel/WHM? I'm not looking for hardware intesive. I'm trying to get it for around 60-70 bucks. Anyone know if this is even possible?
    You'd do much better seeking a VPS with 384 - 512 MB ram from a Xen provider. If setup correctly, you'd never even know it was a VPS unless you tried building your own kernel and wondered why grub wasn't seen when you rebooted.

With such a scenario, you'd (typically) have the power of a much better server up to your RAM limit, vs a low end celeron / sempron. You'd get better uptime, more power, less hassles and stay within your budget.

The C-Panel license cost drops to $8 vs $25 - $30 on a VPS. For $50 - $60 you could have something pretty nice

Hope this helps
    -Tim

Hi

You can get a server with 500gb bandwdith from DediWebHost.com

http://dediwebhost.com/products.htm for $45 without cpanel

Benji

Hi!
    I was going to suggest that..but..since this was in the dedicated forum...

Typically...a vps license is $15...and that can go anywhere. Volume agreements are required to get lower..and are more restrictive as to where they can go.

Bryon
    Bryon L Harvey
    Soil Relocation Engineer

RSMN
    You can get the server for $70 at AKANOC,but I don't like AKANOC,not recommend them.

Regards!
    --Zhu