Upgrade To Version 3.6

Now that vB has the following features, I cannot live without them:

- Marking forums read by double clicking icon
    - Multi Quote

When do you plan to upgrade the vB. I know it has to be a big job so just curious.

Doesn't Proslacker get paid by the hour though
    Big things coming soon

Bring privy to a little bit of the private discussion that takes place when talking about upgrades, I can say with some confidence any WHT vB upgrade is a tremendous endeavor, and Slacker earns every red penny he makes keeping WHT (and all the other iNet properties) up.

Yeah. vB 3.6 is pretty sweet!
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Quote Originally Posted by the_pm
    Bring privy to a little bit of the private discussion that takes place when talking about upgrades, I can say with some confidence any WHT vB upgrade is a tremendous endeavor, and Slacker earns every red penny he makes keeping WHT (and all the other iNet properties) up.

Yeah. vB 3.6 is pretty sweet!
    Pay vBulletin to upgrade it.

It'll be the best $120 you ever spent
    Big things coming soon

I agree, an upgrade to vBulletin 3.6 would be nice, not only end users, but for the WHT admins and mods. However, vBulletin 3.6 is really more of a feature release than a bug fixing release, so it isn't really 100% necessary at this point. I would rather iNet and ProSlacker devote their time to making things appear, like Premium Membership, and keeping the forums running nice and speedily without any of these connection reset errors we were plagued with before.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Nick H
    Pay vBulletin to upgrade it.

It'll be the best $120 you ever spent
    I would wager the final bill to have vBulletin upgrade WHT would be in the $xx,xxx range, after having to reprogram the multitude of custom mods made by iNet
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Quote Originally Posted by adb22791
    I agree, an upgrade to vBulletin 3.6 would be nice, not only end users, but for the WHT admins and mods. However, vBulletin 3.6 is really more of a feature release than a bug fixing release, so it isn't really 100% necessary at this point. I would rather iNet and ProSlacker devote their time to making things appear, like Premium Membership, and keeping the forums running nice and speedily without any of these connection reset errors we were plagued with before.

Alex

Hopefully things are running much faster and you aren't seeing any connection reset errors. There was a configuration issue a couple days ago that caused several "Lost connection to server yadda yadda" errors. If you are, please let me know! Premium Memberships are coming back soon

Quote Originally Posted by the_pm
    I would wager the final bill to have vBulletin upgrade WHT would be in the $xx,xxx range, after having to reprogram the multitude of custom mods made by iNet
    I'm not sure about the five figure but four is about right. Upgrading the database and code base is easy, virtually all of the code mods are plugins except some special search related file mods. The big issue is the skin, we have hundreds of changes to the default skin set. Luckly we have someone that does that for us now, so that makes my life so much easier

The main problem I see is that it is going to stuff up the current warning system

Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse
    The main problem I see is that it is going to stuff up the current warning system
    So?
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

You mean my 2 alerts will disappear
    Big things coming soon

Yep and also mess up 100s of hours of moderation time by 30 moderaters. We already had that messed with the last upgrade. Although the infraction system with 3.6 does what it is supposed to do.

AWS is very lacking in that area. It is supposedly incremental. First ban seven days, second a bit longer, third should be you are gone. As it is we have many making a mockery of it because no matter how many bans they have, they still get back after a week And the sad thing is they keep making the same mistakes.

Yep and also mess up 100s of hours of moderation time by 30 moderaters. We already had that messed with the last upgrade. Although the infraction system with 3.6 does what it is supposed to do.

AWS is very lacking in that area. It is supposedly incremental. First ban seven days, second a bit longer, third should be you are gone. As it is we have many making a mockery of it because no matter how many bans they have, they still get back after a week And the sad thing is they keep making the same mistakes.
    But the infraction system built into vB would be easier because it's part of the vB native code and when you upgrade, so does it.
    Big things coming soon

You mean you don't have the system sending warnings/alerts to a private forum? I found that way was best as I could upgrade vB and change warning systems and still keep a history or all warnings/alerts made. Since it doesn't seem to be working now (people have been banned 10 times over and keep coming back), I don't see how it would be different to upgrade and have a system that actually works, and also have records of all the old warnings stored away.

Then again, I imagine logging alerts/warnings to a private forum would double the WHT db size .

Alex