need forum software suggestion

i am looking for forum software for a non-profit org. we are not looking for a ton of features, but something very important is to match sure there is a way to restrict or filter foul language...which is important as a non-profit charity...any suggestions for software.

Great forum software, and best of all it's free!

Hi technie,

Go with SMF. This is by far the next popular free forum software after phpbb.
    Affordable Managed Hosting Solutions for Professional & Business since 2001 - Global : USA - UK - Canada - Europe - Asia Pacific

Barcelona, Spain
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexxa

Great forum software, and best of all it's free!
    I second that! MyBB is very good. Template system is unbeatable, love it.
    hi there!

SMF php and data structure is very good and clean. I use to use phorum and phpbb. PHPbb hopefully will be releasing a new version soon that is seems pretty good and finally you can create subforums without hacks. Phorum is pretty basic but it's easy to integrate into different cms. SMF I believe you can create subforums with standard install.

will any of these software have features that will restrict types of words that can be posted to a forum?

i would suggest phpbb then mate its free and has features which u can customise

according to me mybb is best,fast,reliable
    (More than 800 readymade scripts)