Third Party Monitoring (e.g. WebSitePulse) for Resellers

Just curious how relatively smaller resellers like myself (vs. established ones with thousands of customers) see third party monitoring services (e.g. WebSitePulse) as a strong selling point and therefore an important feature when choosing reseller plans, and which reseller hosts provide it for free. Thanks.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

I think customers prefer addon such as billing script, or sitebuilder.
    There are free monitoring service which do the job quite well.
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL 2012 SmarterMail Enterprise

When you start to monitor many servers the online monitor tools may be expensive. In that case it would be better to install nagios in a vps or in an old pc in your office/home (in addition with the free monitor services!).

My 2 cents.

Update your forums.. I for one would never buy from you because if you can't keep forums patched, I doubt you could keep a box patched.

Quote Originally Posted by bernard12345
    Update your forums.. I for one would never buy from you because if you can't keep forums patched, I doubt you could keep a box patched.
    huh? maybe wrong thread?

Latest version of vBulletin is Version 3.6.4

The OP is running Version 3.5.4

Quote Originally Posted by bernard12345
    LOL! That's not exactly *my* forum. I am a moderator there, but it has nothing to do with my own reseller hosting. Just to clarify a bit.

EIDT: By the way, any reseller hosting provider is offering this for free (or at all)?
    Last edited by Nameslave; 12-08-2006 at 07:36 AM.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

Quote Originally Posted by nameslave
    LOL! That's not exactly *my* forum. I am a moderator there, but it has nothing to do with my own reseller hosting. Just to clarify a bit.

EIDT: By the way, any reseller hosting provider is offering this for free (or at all)?
    Did you mean you were looking for a host who provides it for you to view about their servers or you were looking for an account of your own?
    Cheap Reseller and Shared Hosting - Tekneeks.net
    www.tekneeks.net - affordable cpanel reseller and shared hosting
    www.graphicforge.net - community for graphic and web designers

I asked because 1 of the reseller providers that I'm using is planning to "decommission" their WebSitePulse uptime reporting. And I am really disappointed, because this third party monitoring has been a good selling point for us resellers, and any in-house tool will NEVER be able to achieve that. It's not functionality we're talking about here, but perception.