[London] UK2 wants you!
REPOST: STILL LOOKING FOR TWO GUYS:
www.uk2.net are seeking several Data Center Technicians to join our team in London, UK.
• Experience with Linux (Red Hat primarily) and Windows (web)server environment
• Operational knowledge of common servers serving core Internet services; apache, qmail, bind, exim, proftpd, mysql, etc.
• Additional knowledge and basic troubleshooting of hosting-related applications (H-Sphere, cPanel, Plesk, Nocmonkey, etc is a plus)
• Understanding of how to configure, compile and install kernels from source not RPM, as well as troubleshooting kernel/driver related issues
• Fundamental understanding of IP networking
• Fundamental understanding of shell and perl scripting
• Basic knowledge of server hardware
• Previous technical support experience in a webhosting setting preferred
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Flexible hours are a must (evening and overnight hours are required)
UK2 offers a competitive salary, pension, company blackberry, medical, dental, life + a great, cool and kickass working environment.
With 1000's of servers and more than 1M domains sold UK2 ltd is one of the biggest webhosts in UK. Furthermore UK2 is major shareholder of the merged Redbus Interhouse and Telecity group. We have been profitable since we started in 1998.
All employee candidates must be at least 18 years of age and able to prove eligibility to work in the United Kingdom/London. Applicants not meeting these requirements will not be considered.
Ready to join?
Please submit CV + short cover to ditlev(at)uk2.net, this is also where you send questions
Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,
OnApp.com & SolusVM.com + Cloud.net & CDN.net