Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WiredTree - Looks Good

Just clicked on of their banners at the top of WHT. So far, i like what i see.
    It's like Softlayer + Full Management.

Well, looks good.

The connection has timed out

The server at www.wiredtree.com is taking too long to respond.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
    moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
    connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
    that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Worked fine for me.

Looks good

What did you see exactly?

Looks good? Yes, it's a nice web design by Loadingdeck.

No no. Not the design (nice too, i must say).

I was referring to the offerings.

Their offerings are very similar to Softlayer (check out the server specs - private network, 2000 GB of bandwidth) But they have FULL Management services.

So it's like Softlayer + Full Management. That's nice because the last time i used softlayer, i had to find my own server management co. With wiredtree, there's no need to.

Well their site is returning a 404 for me, and there are an awful lot of providers offering the same kind of servers.

Nothing special in the offerings that I saw of yesterday.

Try them for 6 months, then write something good if you feel appropriate. They are just born fresh new to the industry.

Hi All,

Thanks for the kind words about our web site and offerings!

We have been performing some scheduled maintenance this morning that involves our main web server so if you get any brief periods of 404s or whatnot, I apologize.

I would like to add that while our company is new, our team has been in the industry for many years, so I wouldn't exactly consider us "born fresh"
    Zac Cogswell / CEI
    Formerly known as WiredTree Zac

I noticed their site back in November 2006 via their posts in the Hosting Offers section and thought their site is extremely well put together, the plans are affordable and the company could do very well.

I guess it could go two ways; they could end up like DedicatedPlace/Beachcomber (successful management hosters) or like ManageMyBox (which seems to be a mess regarding messages posted on WHT).

I guess we will find out in time. But having said that, WiredZac has been around this forum for over 3 years and I think, having emailed him, he knows what he is talking about. Plus he has put his hand in his pocket to have a banner put up on WHT which is commitment in itself.

Good luck WiredTree and lets hope to see you kicking **** in six months time.
    Gotta check out this superb site...
    http://www.thecelebritydatabase.com/forum/

I too found the banner on WHT. I was impressed with the simple layout they had on their site without all the clutter, which I found made the packages & features easy to find & understand. The packages looked good. I contacted their sales dept with questions, and have been extremely impressed by how professional & helpful they were.

We have now signed up with them. I have contacted there support team for help twice so far, and they have had super fast reply's and answered all the questions we have had. I have been searching for a decent company for a while. So far, this company seems to be a dream come true. Very professional staff over there. Rare thing these days.

hooray for more brand confusion

nice looking site though

Quote Originally Posted by grabmail
    Just clicked on of their banners at the top of WHT. So far, i like what i see.
    It's like Softlayer + Full Management.
    I like it, looks promising. A few well focused offerings that obvious thought went into.

Their site is experiencing some difficulties loading, it looks like they're getting quite a few connections or have some over-zealous DOS protection in place. Don't let that deter you, everyone has an occasional problem.

For the prices on the site I guess it would be an inexpensive experiment Let us know how it goes!

Quote Originally Posted by zwolf
    We have now signed up with them.
    Let us know how it gos!

I am seriously considering getting a VPS with them. I was very impressed with their sales response, they responded very quickly, and answered all my questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dajo77
    Let us know how it gos!

I am seriously considering getting a VPS with them. I was very impressed with their sales response, they responded very quickly, and answered all my questions.
    Everything is running very smoothly. They have been there for us everytime we have needed them, with super fast responses around the clock. I work during the night/morning hours, and have received excellent support even at 3am. There were some features that I was unfamiliar with, and needed help setting up, they have provided all the assistance we have needed to get things running. I highly recommend you give them a try.

Something else I was impressed with was their tos, it was simple & straight forward, which I really liked, I did not notice any fine print that required a lawyers review. Very nice.
    Last edited by zwolf; 12-11-2006 at 08:03 AM.

Am looking into it but website keeps failing, asl i cannot complete an order after the 2nd page.

Quote Originally Posted by otamendi
    Am looking into it but website keeps failing, asl i cannot complete an order after the 2nd page.
    We actually ordered by phone, which might be a good idea if the site is having problems, and you could also let them know about the troubles you are having so they can look into fixing it.

otamendi,

Could you PM whatever error message you are getting? Is it an address/billing verification error? We have tested the ordering system pretty well, and we have received other orders on our plans, so I would like to verify what is happening.
    Last edited by WebHosting Zac; 12-11-2006 at 05:43 PM.
    Zac Cogswell / CEI

Hi All,

Almost a month with wiredtree now and so far my experience with them have been very good. Response time is usually between 5 to 8mins and that's including 3am in New Year Day.

Keep it up!

forrrestRain

Yes, but they're a little expensive compared to the likes of Beachcomber or Liquidweb.

Thought my .02 sense would be important here. I and a friend have a personal vps with WiredTree and the performance and support are like none other. The sites load up fast, the nodes are NOT overloaded(judging by disk tests and performance tests). Plus, what we bought off the site, they deliver. Their full management is just that, and is truly 24/7. So far I'm happy. We're getting ready to jump to a full box with them. I'll post a view once we hit 3 months.

Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by erick_p
    Yes, but they're a little expensive compared to the likes of Beachcomber or Liquidweb.
    DO you mean thier VPS or Dedi.Severs?

Quote Originally Posted by forrestRain
    Almost a month with wiredtree now and so far my experience with them have been very good. Response time is usually between 5 to 8mins and that's including 3am in New Year Day.
    Thanks for your review, and thanks for providing your domain via the helpdesk for verification.

Lois
    "Do what you can, where you are, with what you have." – Theodore Roosevelt

WiredTree Zac, did you use to be LiquidWeb Zac?

Quote Originally Posted by BarryR
    WiredTree Zac, did you use to be LiquidWeb Zac?
    Yes he was.
    Jay

Yes, I did. I left LW in the spring of 2006 before I founded WiredTree.
    Zac Cogswell / CEI

That's amusing, because it is LW from which I intend to move. I wrote a long request for quote email three days ago to sales@wiredtree.com and have still to hear anything. What gives!? Doesn't augur well for "Managed Services". If you're busy at least a note saying "We'll get to you soon" would be courteous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast