Stargate Server Review

Greetings!

I would like to hear from folks that are in the know about Stargate at http://www.StarGate.com and their servers.

Interested in hear any pros or cons. Would love to hear from those who have a history with them or have researched them regarding their servers.

Looking forward to your input.
    The Best To You!
    Ireland - Networking the Irish / Celtic Community
    www.CapitalCeltic.com

Hey,

What I feel about stargate is they seem to be just starting to push into the dedicated server side of the business. My dedicated hardware was purchased when I paid for it, and I had to wait approximately 10 days to have my server to go online. Since then I have experienced some internal network loss on incoming data, but other than that its been very good. The loss has disappeared. At this point, I feel like some days the network is bogged down and congested, and some days its fine.

The price is what you receive, but I wouldn't look for anything more than that. I am still debating on moving from there to another provider. My opinion is if your looking to do webhosting, it will work just fine. However if your passing mission critical information, I would consider looking into another provider.

If you have any more direct questions. Feel free to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingspade
    Hey,

What I feel about stargate is they seem to be just starting to push into the dedicated server side of the business. My dedicated hardware was purchased when I paid for it, and I had to wait approximately 10 days to have my server to go online. Since then I have experienced some internal network loss on incoming data, but other than that its been very good. The loss has disappeared. At this point, I feel like some days the network is bogged down and congested, and some days its fine.

The price is what you receive, but I wouldn't look for anything more than that. I am still debating on moving from there to another provider. My opinion is if your looking to do webhosting, it will work just fine. However if your passing mission critical information, I would consider looking into another provider.

If you have any more direct questions. Feel free to ask.
    Flyingspade,

Please feel free to contact me directly with any concerns regarding network or port traffic. We did have a redundant firewall, about a week ago, that was dropping some packets due to a hardware failure, but that has been resolved.

We did experience tremendous growth in our dedicated server line over the last 2 months, which caused some delays in server setups, and that has been addressed and resolved.

Again, feel free to contact me directly with any questions or concerns via PM or at [email protected]

-Tom

anybody can give other review? i still thinking to take layeredtech or stargate for webhosting busines... i want take P4 server anybody can give solution?

Hi!
    Well...I can't recommend stargate. I have given these guys every chance in the book to come clean..and it just ain't happening. Server #3 still doesn't have a real cpanel license on it (15 day test license) but they still had the gall to come in on my checkcard 12 days early and get *Janaury's* server and Cpanel fees. I just don't see things changing anytime soon. Oh..and that 24/7 support? Uh-huh.
    Ask them why a ticket filed on Saturday wasn't even responded to Monday morning *after* I responded to it to say I had fixed it myself..Again.

I'm sure Tom will be on this very quickly. Oh Tom..I had a chat with the Cpanel folks about what you're doing with those test licenses. Keep it up, buddy...and you'll find that you can no longer ask for any...ever.

Bryon
    Bryon L Harvey
    Soil Relocation Engineer

Now how did you manage to get the domain with a TV show such as Stargate SG1 being broadcast? Were you around before that or is there some type of connection with the name. Just a off topic question about your company.
    Edrick Smith
    Film Production

Creation Date: 05-Aug-1986

^^ I'd venture a guess that that's why

Crazy...awesome domain and creation date. Kudos for that

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Smith
    Now how did you manage to get the domain with a TV show such as Stargate SG1 being broadcast? Were you around before that or is there some type of connection with the name. Just a off topic question about your company.
    Yeah, the domain name was originally part of Stargate Project that dealt with the initial creation of the internet under UUCP.

We have no connection with the TV show and were around prior.

You can get the full history of the domain name and Stargate at http://www.stargate.com/aboutus.asp

Let me know if you have any questions.

Tom