Web Hosting Contracts

Hello fellow webdesigners,
    Ive been in this job now for just a year, starting as a joke and doing sites for friends, now im dealing with clients who have been referred to me. Im a bit bad at constructing contracts. I researched and found out that i MUST make two separate contracts. One for Webdesigning and another for webhosting. Where can i find guidelines to construct a strong contract. What do i need to remember, please help.
    Thank yyou

For designing, a contract is an absolute must. For hosting, it often scares away potential customers unless it is integrated with the design contract. Most hosts don't require written contracts (an online terms of service/AUP is usually enough).

If you really want to be safe, its always best to hire a lawyer to draft a general contract for your specific situation. The next best approach is to get a standard contract. You can buy them for around $30 to $50. There are tons of services offering these. I would start with a Google search.

Good luck.
    eVerity.com
    Celebrating 9 years of customer service. Domain names, shared/semi-dedicated/dedicated hosting, SSL certificates, merchant accounts, reseller options, and referral program, since July 2000.

hostlegal.com might be able to help you or just try taking a look at what other hosts do and bring that to show your lawyer or make your own if you are daring...
    Like passive recurring revenue you can retire on?
    You focus on building your brand, we handle all support, billing, and more.
    Pressed.net - Start your own Managed WordPress Hosting Company

I am a designer, there are many online sample design contracts. You may modify or add as your best suits. If they aren't exactly what you are looking for, you can write your own or hire the attorney.

Jen

We require a signed contract for any web hosting account that pays more then $200 per month. It's important that the customer realizes they are signing a CONTRACT and they are expected to actually pay, just like any other subscription service such as satellite TV or cell phone, etc..

Otherwise, there is high risk they will do chargebacks, just disappear, etc...
    We are eNom PLATINUM PLUS resellers!
    Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account with lowest possible pricing.
    * We provide support and service to over 4275 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

hi thanks where can i check out these contracts online?

HI THERE
    i actually found that my reseller provider has drafts that i may use, v useful